News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MrHappy

For what it's worth, if this is what you mean, the GotG name defiled EPCOT in the EPCOT 35 Exhibition in the Odyssey. They used it there. But not the M word.

r-1510794998-2017EpcotFoodandWineFestival68.JPG
As a content guy, I hate when the first thing written in this context is so assumptive - it's a turn off. I stopped reading this glorious placard beyond the first comma.

The Empress Lilly

As a content guy, I hate when the first thing written in this context is so assumptive - it's a turn off. I stopped reading this glorious placard beyond the first comma.
I hate everything about this project and pray it and anything related to it will find its doom in a meteor strike or something equally karma like that.

In this placard's defense though, it does come as the final one in a series in the exhibit that proudly showcased all the previous glorious destructions in Future World, from Horizons to Motion to Imagination, ending with this latest installment.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I’ll admit I was being snarky and inverting an old cliche, but in fairness Uni just scrapped one naked coaster and another is on the chopping block while WDW is adding two (to be honest, one and a half) as we speak.
What is the second one wdw is adding? I know slinky dog dash (though personally between being so low to the ground and looking like a bright and colorful toy track, I don't mind it anywhere near as much as I would in any other context). What's the other?

Biff215

What is the second one wdw is adding? I know slinky dog dash (though personally between being so low to the ground and looking like a bright and colorful toy track, I don't mind it anywhere near as much as I would in any other context). What's the other?
Tron? I'm guessing that's where the half comes from.

Casper Gutman

The big loop of track at Tron is what I called the “half” a naked coaster. And with slinky, it’s not the ride’s intrusiveness that is an issue, it’s that it’s the ballyhooed headliner of one half of the long-delayed and long-necessary reimagining of MGM. If it were just a stopgap, like Goofy’s was once meant to be, it wouldn’t be objectionable.

geekza

I guess I'm just baffled as to why Disney would want to start investing so much in rides that offer the same experience as those at any number of theme parks around the country. If they are adding effects and theming to them that are way above what can be experienced at places like King's Island or Cedar Point, I suppose that's one thing, but simply having a fancy queue leading to a fairly standard coaster isn't going to set Disney apart from its competition. I always justified the (huge) expense of traveling to WDW because the attractions were unlike anything else you can experience outside of the Disney parks. We have three coasters being built right now, two of which are taking the place of uniquely-Disney attractions. Yes, Ellen had long been out of date (textbook argument against basing an attraction around current pop culture), but, with some TLC and updates, the dinosaur section could have been integrated into an entertaining and still-impressive new attraction. Its original design was beautifully done. GMR could have been updated, keeping the sections that have held up over time and replacing the others with more-recent content. (Star Wars and the "legal" Marvel characters, just to name two.) Heck, if you're going to gut it, why not create a ride through the history of Disney's films? At least keep it as a three-dimensional, AA-filed dark ride. Screens are great way to augment attractions, but they are never as memorable as attractions that consist of tangible characters and scenery.

Dag nabbit. I have to stop ranting about things I have no power to change. I can already sense the urge to sit on a porch and yell at passers-by not to step on my grass.

KBLovedDisney

Dag nabbit. I have to stop ranting about things I have no power to change. I can already sense the urge to sit on a porch and yell at passers-by not to step on my grass.
You aren't alone in that aspect. A lot of people didn't want the classics to die because that was Disney to us; original ideas that were homages to generations before us that we can never get back:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom