News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Universal Studios is a weird place for theming, man. Tons of thought put into stuff like Race Through New York and Fast & Furious but then you get stuff like that or Rip Ride Rockit. People will bring up Slinky Dog Dash being an exposed coaster forever but at least it isn't like this.

PW6vnux.jpg

Imagine if SWL took over Echo Lake as was one time considered and they kept the Streets of America.....

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 , now that plans have been solidified for Guardians and the future of the Energy pavilion, could you shed some light on various versions of the proposal that popped up in the year or so prior to its' announcement? I seem to recall you saying something about a Guardians "show" of some kind as well as the coaster that was scrapped?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 , now that plans have been solidified for Guardians and the future of the Energy pavilion, could you shed some light on various versions of the proposal that popped up in the year or so prior to its' announcement? I seem to recall you saying something about a Guardians "show" of some kind as well as the coaster that was scrapped?
There was a plan to reuse the 1982 theatre two (to some extent) as a second Guardians based "Cosmos" show / theatre attraction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
There are definate quotes saying Epcot wasn't about rollercoasters.

Wait... EPCOT doesn't stand for Experimental Prototypical Coasters of Tomorrow? And all this time I was wondering why the DIDN'T have any coasters...

Not really. Everything official calls it EPCOT Center.

I believe that is correct grammer... trademarks must be adjectives and to use them as anything but adjectives (and not followed by a noun) is technically incorrect. Same reason they advertise it as Walt Disney World Resort (and not just Walt Disney World) and Magic Kingdom Park (And not just a Magic Kingdom)

Last edited:

matt9112

Different strokes, I guess. I found Spirit unbearable a lot of the time. Not to mention the weird cult-like following he had, as though he was the end-all of the WDW Insider community.

Martin is a class act and delivers information with great discretion. I always thought Spirit could have learned a thing or two from him.

I enjoyed spirits stories even if he is a bit rough around the edges. Martin is by far superior with his info but has he written us a 4 or 5 paragraph essay about something ? ;)

Martin also for what it's worth keeps things short and sweet (I would guess intentional) or maybe he is just so busy IRL that short answers is all he has time for. In either case it's great information and by far the best source on the forum not withstanding his mission in preserving Disney history with his videos. (I still wish somebody would narrate those ha) a true class act that I sometimes long for a little more story since He is so good...makes you want to ask more to know more the how the why the who.

Tom Morrow

I still haven't back to Universal but I've seen pictures of the building during and after construction but it never hit me.
Oh look small town America and then boom, giant box with industrial theming glued to it. That seems like something old Cedar Fair would do.
v3eCpQr.jpg
It's not "small town America", it's Hollywood and New York. But it's also a studio/movie set theme and doesn't really matter. The entire park is a messy hodge-podge of themes and aesthetics... it's not like this one ride ruined an otherwise thematically perfect park.

CanadianGordon

For me it's the amount of screenz that are now at Universal. I love a good set. If it's done well. Odds are pretty good I'll skip Universal on my next trip unless I have excess time and money to drop. I missed out on going on the wet rides at UO when I went last.

Back to the GOTG ride. Any updates for what vehicles will be used or was that all a rumour that got debunked?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
For me it's the amount of screenz that are now at Universal. I love a good set. If it's done well. Odds are pretty good I'll skip Universal on my next trip unless I have excess time and money to drop. I missed out on going on the wet rides at UO when I went last.

Back to the GOTG ride. Any updates for what vehicles will be used or was that all a rumour that got debunked?

I don't think the exact vehicle has been mentioned though people suspect a new Vekoma train assembly that allows for controlled vehicle rotation via a round "lazy susan" style base. There's pictures floating around somewhere though I think they only show generic cabins.

Last edited:

Sped2424

That one was less "land" and more "facade"

I preferred the next version.
I hope one day images of what that would've looked like get released. If I recall that land didn't have an eticket and was primarily made of shopping, dinning, and a b ticket flat ride??

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Eh, I don't imaging calling your sibling to get filled in on the "locker room" professional gossip they picked up is really taxing. Let's not pretend he had to dig a tunnel to China or anything. ;)

That said, a desire to "concentrate on the activities which make him money" has nothing to do with why he isn't out doing his usual trash job on the company and his favorite target, Darth Iger. Unless that is a really prime example of mental gymnastics, translating to "a conflict of interest has him worried he might get disinherited, or worse" if he continued to do so under current circumstances.

That gossip is very useful in figuring out what motivates the entity known as Disney.

The only problem is there is no Disney left in ‘Disney’ a company which once set standards in themed entertainment and hospitality now bumps along in the lowest quintile boasting about ‘meeting industry standards’

Disney is now no different from Unilever or Procter and Gamble its just a parking lot for brands run by a bunch of soulless MBA’s.

The magic is GONE but most people have not figured that out yet. I prefer to give my entertainment dollars to people with a passion for what they do. Not an organization which slavishly serves Wall St’s every whim.

Before you buy the next Disney product or trip. Just think about what you are funding sweatshops in China, indentured servants on the H1a visa program (mousekeepers & FB) , Igervilles and CM’s sleeping in cars, distortion of the Copyright laws, etc!

Was that Walter Elias Disney’s dream, I really dont think so.

Before you buy THINK about what your money is funding. If this post makes you uncomfortable it damn well should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom