News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That gossip is very useful in figuring out what motivates the entity known as Disney.

The only problem is there is no Disney left in ‘Disney’ a company which once set standards in themed entertainment and hospitality now bumps along in the lowest quintile boasting about ‘meeting industry standards’

Disney is now no different from Unilever or Procter and Gamble its just a parking lot for brands run by a bunch of soulless MBA’s.

The magic is GONE but most people have not figured that out yet. I prefer to give my entertainment dollars to people with a passion for what they do. Not an organization which slavishly serves Wall St’s every whim.

Before you buy the next Disney product or trip. Just think about what you are funding sweatshops in China, indentured servants on the H1a visa program (mousekeepers & FB) , Igervilles and CM’s sleeping in cars, distortion of the Copyright laws, etc!

Was that Walter Elias Disney’s dream, I really dont think so.

Before you buy THINK about what your money is funding. If this post makes you uncomfortable it damn well should.

This post doesn't make me uncomfortable at all...nor should it make anyone feel that way. It is the same stuff you have been posting here for years.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
This post doesn't make me uncomfortable at all...nor should it make anyone feel that way. It is the same stuff you have been posting here for years.
But why? Why keep posting? If you’ve given up on Disney, sold your stock, dumped your DVC, forsaken the parks, then maybe it’s time to move on. Every post lately, he comes across like a jilted lover.

Time to move on to a different forum. Nothing meaningful has been contributed in literally the last couple thousand posts. Vitriol, trolling, and outright lies. Doesn’t sound “wdwmagic”al to me.

Mike S

That gossip is very useful in figuring out what motivates the entity known as Disney.

The only problem is there is no Disney left in ‘Disney’ a company which once set standards in themed entertainment and hospitality now bumps along in the lowest quintile boasting about ‘meeting industry standards’

Disney is now no different from Unilever or Procter and Gamble its just a parking lot for brands run by a bunch of soulless MBA’s.

The magic is GONE but most people have not figured that out yet. I prefer to give my entertainment dollars to people with a passion for what they do. Not an organization which slavishly serves Wall St’s every whim.

Before you buy the next Disney product or trip. Just think about what you are funding sweatshops in China, indentured servants on the H1a visa program (mousekeepers & FB) , Igervilles and CM’s sleeping in cars, distortion of the Copyright laws, etc!

Was that Walter Elias Disney’s dream, I really dont think so.

Before you buy THINK about what your money is funding. If this post makes you uncomfortable it damn well should.
Even worse things are done to the Cows and Pigs that fill my Bacon Cheeseburgers but I’m not stopping with those anytime soon either. Too delicious.

jakeman

Because I want others to realize what a soulless beast Disney has become in the Iger era

As opposed to the Disney we all grew up loving.

As long as we keep giving Disney our money the bad behavior will continue.

Up through the Disney/Miller/Walker/Early Eisner era, Disney was a model corporate citizen, Beginning under Late Eisner and doubled down on by Iger Disney has become the poster child for whats wrong with American big business.

Just think about the wholesale gutting of Walt Disney Imagineering, Arguably the ‘heart and soul’ of Disney that USED to be able to create rides never before seen.

Now the best they can do are Soarin 2.0 aka FoP and some reskinned industrial robots aka ‘trackless ride system’

The only reason AK is as good as it is today because the ‘last REAL Imagineer’ watches over it

Thanks ever so much Iger for destroying one of the most creative organizations on the planet all for short term personal financial gain.
If only the customer service issues you had really happened. Think about how angry at Iger you would be then!

The Mom

Premium Member
Because I want others to realize what a soulless beast Disney has become in the Iger era

Up through the Disney/Miller/Walker/Early Eisner era, Disney was a model corporate citizen, Beginning under Late Eisner and doubled down on by Iger Disney has become the poster child for whats wrong with American big business.

Just think about the wholesale gutting of Walt Disney Imagineering, Arguably the ‘heart and soul’ of Disney that USED to be able to create rides never before seen.

Now the best they can do are Soarin 2.0 aka FoP and some reskinned industrial robots aka ‘trackless ride system’

The only reason AK is as good as it is today because the ‘last REAL Imagineer’ watches over it

Thanks ever so much Iger for destroying one of the most creative organizations on the planet all for short term personal financial gain.

So your goal is to never contribute in any positive way to any discussion, but to keep browbeating people until they finally agree with you, or put you on ignore, or choose not to continue in a discussion that you have once again derailed with a "Disney is evil, stock options, Iger is Satan personified, etc" regardless of topic ? It's one thing to have and express an opposing opinion. It's quite another to make your sole goal become one of making everyone else listen to that same opinion over and over and over. We all got the memo - you hate what Disney has become. We understand your reasons - but some people still don't agree with you - and some never will. Please accept it and move on - or out.

You are starting to cross the line into the kingdom of trolls.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Can someone pass the bacon and cheese filled churros and point me in the direction of the nearest Disney Payment center. Its time for my monthly donation to evil.

I can point out the payment center but you'll need a fastpass+ or risk standby which is currently 3 hours long. On the plus side, while you wait you get to enjoy your bacon and cheese churro which sounds delicious.

Last edited:

seascape

I guess you think we should give our money to Comcast and their nonunion animation division and non union theme parks. Corporate America is what we have. There is no difference between companies, they all want our money. The thing is I invest in companies that I purchase from. I have no interest in anything Comcast owns but I do with Disney and other companies. I like Marvel movies, Star Wars, Pixar and yes Disney movies. As for others, I say spend and invest in what you like, that way you get some of your money back.

MatheusPG

I don't like the current Disney company either but I don't hate it. We can make Disney the ways it was by simply using the social media and sending them messages.

The Empress Lilly

Considering this thread is about the bitter replacement of one of the greatest rides Disney imagineering has ever build for a tie-in with a recently acquired and completely unrelated and ill-fitting brand, you are spot on and long may you continue to grace us with your relentless attacks.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Considering this thread is about the bitter replacement of one of the greatest rides Disney imagineering has ever build for a tie-in with a recently acquired and completely unrelated and ill-fitting brand, you are spot on and long may you continue to grace us with your relentless attacks.
I'd hardly call UoE one of the greatest rides imagineering had ever built. It had its merits but many of the more innovative parts of the attraction were destroyed long ago when Ellen's was put in.. And even the original, although it had innovative show elements and cool concepts, it still at church times felt more like an infomercial for Except ok b than an attraction. Energy was probably the weakest attraction in 80s Future World.

Now, if it were Spaceship Earth you were talking about, or Horizons, I would be more inclined to agree with you, even though I like the Guardians franchise.

The Empress Lilly

I'd hardly call UoE one of the greatest rides imagineering had ever built. It had its merits but many of the more innovative parts of the attraction were destroyed long ago when Ellen's was put in.. And even the original, although it had innovative show elements and cool concepts, it still at church times felt more like an infomercial for Except ok b than an attraction. Energy was probably the weakest attraction in 80s Future World.

Now, if it were Spaceship Earth you were talking about, or Horizons, I would be more inclined to agree with you, even though I like the Guardians franchise.
I too have mixed feelings about the infomercial nature of Energy. But I have that about a lot of EPCOT. The nature of the beast has always been to be a showcase for American industry. That is what it is. But there was also going to be a certain mutual enrichment, EPCOT was not about mere financial sponsorship, about sponsor name tags that can be replaced at will. A difficult balancing act. Although, who am I kidding, the experiment and the prototype were all but just as much absent as the community.

As for the ride, Energy captivated my young mind as much as any other pavilion, bar Horizons. The Radok cubes, the fantastic songs, the sheer audacity and scale of it all, the primeval ride through (perhaps the largest, most imposing dark ride scenes Disney has ever made). There were forgotten gems: the lasers, the fog, the lava (dino floor is lava!), the sulphur smellitzer, the thunder of the shuttle launch. Behind SSE for me the most architecturally accomplished pavilion. Striking, imposing. With magnificent unity of interior and exterior, beating Motion, SSE, Seas. A cornerstone of EPCOT.

lazyboy97o

So Disney was supposed to release more details about the coaster today but did not end up doing so.

A DisneyParks Blog Post was made earlier today but it seems to have since been removed. It celebrated the pouring of foundations. I’ve quoted the post below.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker said:
Today we have an exciting update to share with you from Future World at Epcot.

Earlier this week, the concrete foundation was poured for what will soon take shape as the park’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” attraction. The attraction is on track to be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters – and to house it, the attraction’s building will more than double the size of the original Universe of Energy building.

Inspired by the films, this attraction will expand on the original vision of Epcot’s Future World as a place filled with new discoveries and innovations through a unique “Guardians” story that’s currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering.

Take a behind-the-scenes look at the work that’s happened onsite so far in the video above.

While the “Guardians of the Galaxy” attraction is currently set to debut at Epcot just in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary, guests don’t have to wait too long to get a “Guardians” fix at Epcot. “The Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” concert series, part of the Incredible Summer celebration at Walt Disney World Resort, will begin June 9 at the park.

In the concert series, Star-Lord and Gamora will take guests on a musical journey through the cosmos. Shows will feature tunes from Star-Lord’s Awesome Mixtapes, the two movie soundtracks. The group will take the stage five times daily, June 9 through Aug. 19. Concerts are included in theme park admission.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I too have mixed feelings about the infomercial nature of Energy. But I have that about a lot of EPCOT. The nature of the beast has always been to be a showcase for American industry. That is what it is. But there was also going to be a certain mutual enrichment, EPCOT was not about mere financial sponsorship, about sponsor name tags that can be replaced at will. A difficult balancing act. Although, who am I kidding, the experiment and the prototype were all but just as much absent as the community.

As for the ride, Energy captivated my young mind as much as any other pavilion, bar Horizons. The Radok cubes, the fantastic songs, the sheer audacity and scale of it all, the primeval ride through (perhaps the largest, most imposing dark ride scenes Disney has ever made). There were forgotten gems: the lasers, the fog, the lava (dino floor is lava!), the sulphur smellitzer, the thunder of the shuttle launch. Behind SSE for me the most architecturally accomplished pavilion. Striking, imposing. With magnificent unity of interior and exterior, beating Motion, SSE, Seas. A cornerstone of EPCOT.

Yes, It was to an extent an infomercial for the energy industry, Yet as a teen when I first rode it it really DID feel like you had gone back to the age of the dinosaurs and forward through history, The sense of awe even to this day made the ride 'worth it'.

It was 'infotainment' done well, Even the later addition of Ellen and Bill Nye failed to detract from the ride, and when you finished you ended up knowing just a little bit more about the petrochemicals which got you to Disney and alternatives which we will use going forward.

In it's place we are going to have a ride about an interstellar gang of thieves who occasionally do the right thing when there are no other alternatives. By no means an even exchange for a majestic work of art by Disney Imagineering. All this ride needed was an update on the Dinosaur AA's using modern articulation and let's face it what boy (and a lot of girls) between 8-12 years old does NOT like dinosaurs and it was a great ride which showed what it was like when they roamed the earth.

Alternatively if the kids wore you out it was also a wonderful place for an exhausted parent to take a nice cool nap so the ride worked on many levels to many audiences.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

GlacierGlacier

I feel like I'm the only one that likes this.........

please don't kill me
Oh man I'm going to be right there in line once it opens up. Disney knows how to build attractions. It may not be in the right spot, or even have theming with long-term viability, but I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it for as long as I can. It's not every decade (actually, it seems to be exactly every decade) you get a brand new ride (not an overlay or clone) in future world.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sure, but as I said before, many of the things you loved about UoE were destroyed 20 years ago...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom