News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

The Empress Lilly

In it's place we are going to have a ride about an interstellar gang of thieves who occasionally do the right thing when there are no other alternatives. By no means an even exchange for a majestic work of art by Disney Imagineering. All this ride needed was an update on the Dinosaur AA's using modern articulation and let's face it what boy (and a lot of girls) between 8-12 years old does NOT like dinosaurs and it was a great ride which showed what it was like when they roamed the earth.
Yes. Who doesn't love dinos? Not only do we now have a superhero dance party in WS and a superhero coaster in FW to appease those for whom even the primary school subjects of Mark Twain and solar power are too difficult concepts to grapple with, but Disney has also started a War on Dinosaurs. As we speak, Energy is being destroyed and over at DAK a Donald Duck hat stupidly placed on the dino fossil in the boneyard.

Disney is not just characters, Disney is and always has been about dinosoaurs. Disneyfication is not installing a dumb duck hat, or giant mouse hat, or giant mouse wand. Disneyfication is to present the world through a specific lens. Soft, gentle, interested, slightly sentimental, with a well-intended love and curiosity for the world about us.

tumblr_n0fae3w5Bd1s2wio8o1_400.gif

Last edited:

smile

If you can correctly spell atrocious Disney doesn't identify nor want you as their customer.

:hilarious:
an underrated word with a lovely array of synonyms

use of the aa theatre really sticks in my craw...
so 'slappy' it's downright crass - hope they felt stupid writing it.

banal beyond satire, at what point is it officially snakes on a plane enough to fully embrace the humor?

BasiltheBatLord

I feel like I'm the only one that likes this.........
idk if I "like it" but I definitely don't disapprove of it. People will probably flame me for this but I didn't care for UoE at all (too young to ride it before Ellen, maybe that's why) and thought it was high time for a full gutting/demo and replacement. It does bother me that it's an IP and specifically a Marvel one but I'm kind of beyond caring with Future World at this point, it's so old and irrelevant that basically any modern changes to it at this point for fine with me (unless they touch Spaceship Earth)

Incomudro

Yes, It was to an extent an infomercial for the energy industry, Yet as a teen when I first rode it it really DID feel like you had gone back to the age of the dinosaurs and forward through history, The sense of awe even to this day made the ride 'worth it'.

It was 'infotainment' done well, Even the later addition of Ellen and Bill Nye failed to detract from the ride, and when you finished you ended up knowing just a little bit more about the petrochemicals which got you to Disney and alternatives which we will use going forward.

In it's place we are going to have a ride about an interstellar gang of thieves who occasionally do the right thing when there are no other alternatives. By no means an even exchange for a majestic work of art by Disney Imagineering. All this ride needed was an update on the Dinosaur AA's using modern articulation and let's face it what boy (and a lot of girls) between 8-12 years old does NOT like dinosaurs and it was a great ride which showed what it was like when they roamed the earth.

Alternatively if the kids wore you out it was also a wonderful place for an exhausted parent to take a nice cool nap so the ride worked on many levels to many audiences.

Last time we rode Uof E, the biggest flaw I could think of aside from the opening film being far too old - was how long the outgoing film was.
People's attention spans are not long nowadays.
The closing film kept the audience in their seats when they were "done" already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom