News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Sundown

The Transformers ride made me very nauseous. unfortunately. Never had that experience on a ride before. So I won't be riding it again.

Kman101

I feel if they just let the ride breathe a little it would have been so much better, instead it's paced so fast you don't really take in everything that is happening.

The scene where you go through the high rise building for example ... let it breathe, tease you with a fall etc. But nope it's over and done with in a few seconds.

So much this. It's just so rushed.

HauntedMansionFLA

Epcot 4/21/2018
1913E468-AE8F-4341-9020-C050FDF05B91.jpeg

doctornick

I still think Spidey is one of the best attractions in Florida- or in California, for that matter.

Spider-Man is an awesome ride and I think has a solid argument for being the best ride in Orlando.

Transformers is... okay. It's not horrible, but it is not particularly effective unless the goal is to simply disorient the riders and distract them with sounds and explosions. There's never really an opportunity to absorb the action going on around you and make it meaningful.

To me, the difference between the two is a great illustration that the ride system used has a relatively low impact on the quality of a ride (especially a dark ride), while the execution of how the ride system is used is much more important.

The Transformer ride is as great as the Transformer movies!!!

Basically this. It's interesting that they really captured the spirit of the Bay movies quite well with the ride, but that's not a compliment.

RSoxNo1

Spider-Man is an awesome ride and I think has a solid argument for being the best ride in Orlando.

Transformers is... okay. It's not horrible, but it is not particularly effective unless the goal is to simply disorient the riders and distract them with sounds and explosions. There's never really an opportunity to absorb the action going on around you and make it meaningful.

To me, the difference between the two is a great illustration that the ride system used has a relatively low impact on the quality of a ride (especially a dark ride), while the execution of how the ride system is used is much more important.
There's nothing wrong with Transformers other than it's not Spider-Man and it's in a resort that has other attractions that produce similar ride experiences that create "screen fatigue".

For me, Transformers is the more frenetic version of Spider-Man and I happen to prefer Spider-Man better. Similarly, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout is the more frenetic version of DCA's Tower of Terror and I happen to prefer Mission Breakout over DCA's old Tower. Oddly enough though, the show buildings for both Transformers and Mission Breakout are very oddly out of place.

trainplane3

Oddly enough though, the show buildings for both Transformers and Mission Breakout are very oddly out of place.
I still haven't back to Universal but I've seen pictures of the building during and after construction but it never hit me.
Oh look small town America and then boom, giant box with industrial theming glued to it. That seems like something old Cedar Fair would do.
v3eCpQr.jpg

And the Transformers movies lost me in the second one. Between the two annoying robots and what they turned Devastator into just killed my hype. I was hoping we'd get Unicron but they apparently stopped the movies. G1 and Armada designs are by far my favorites.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I still haven't back to Universal but I've seen pictures of the building during and after construction but it never hit me.
Oh look small town America and then boom, giant box with industrial theming glued to it. That seems like something old Cedar Fair would do.
v3eCpQr.jpg

And the Transformers movies lost me in the second one. Between the two annoying robots and what they turned Devastator into just killed my hype. I was hoping we'd get Unicron but they apparently stopped the movies. G1 and Armada designs are by far my favorites.

Ahhh....a show building that looks like a major city’s waste management HQ....to match the experience waiting inside.

rocketraccoon

v3eCpQr.jpg

Universal Studios is a weird place for theming, man. Tons of thought put into stuff like Race Through New York and Fast & Furious but then you get stuff like that or Rip Ride Rockit. People will bring up Slinky Dog Dash being an exposed coaster forever but at least it isn't like this.

PW6vnux.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom