Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil12

Here's the Jeremy Irons audio put over the current Spaceship Earth attraction on a 360 degree video.

Indeed it was a big letdown when Walter Cronkite was replaced by that Irons bloke but it helped bring a more international flavor to Epcot.

Matt_Black

When I read this, I imagined a fat, balding Disney exec in an ill-fitting suit trying to do an extremely poor rendition of a hip-hop dance routine and throwing his back out.

k8YM5_f-maxage-0.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You mean a trend that started with Haunted Mansion? Heck, wouldn't the Flight to the Moon pre-show count as well?

Once the storytelling starts, I'm happy to stand in line.
No, I mean a trend where the queue has show scenes 1-5 and the ride only has 6-9.

There's nothing wrong with an elaborate queue - quite the opposite - but there's a difference between preshow and mainshow.

Last edited:

britain

No, I mean a trend where the queue has show scenes 1-5 and the ride only has 6-9.

There's nothing wrong with an elaborate queue - quite the opposite - but there's a difference between preshow and mainshow.

There must be some nuance you know about the project that isn't coming across. Wouldn't it be ideal for showscenes to start after one step into the queue? It would FEEL like no queue at all. Wouldn't this also start to approach those "feature-length attractions" Tony Baxter used to advocate? Like an hour of experiences getting split up in a temple with Indiana Jones long before you get to a ride vehicle.

The ONLY possible downside I can think of is if the Fastpass line circumvents the first half of show scenes / first half of queue.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There must be some nuance you know about the project that isn't coming across. Wouldn't it be ideal for showscenes to start after one step into the queue?.

Yes, and they do. Preshow one. Preshow two. Preshow three. Then load. Then show scene one. Show scene two.

But now it's just show scene 1-10, and for example the ride only having 6-10. Put another way shorter rides since the queue is now considered part of the ride. Part of the experience? Yes. Absolutely. See IJ, FJ, Star Tours. Part of the ride? No.

britain

Yes, and they do. Preshow one. Preshow two. Preshow three. Then load. Then show scene one. Show scene two.

But now it's just show scene 1-10, and for example the ride only having 6-10. Put another way shorter rides since the queue is now considered part of the ride. Part of the experience? Yes. Absolutely. See IJ, FJ, Star Tours. Part of the ride? No.

Right now it's seems like a semantic issue. Call it pre-show, or call it pre-ride show scene. Call it a huge walk-through attraction with a bonus post-show thrill entrance to the gift shop. I don't care as long as the whole experience is good.

There is probably some detail you'd like to share that would clear this all up but it's killing you that you can't reveal it at this time. I look forward to seeing what you're talking about. Thanks!

Mike S

What rides currently make you feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom