Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

The original group, yes. Marvel has a long history of taking a name and reworking it into an entirely new concept. The Black Widow, the Human Torch, Doctor Doom, Daredevil, Professor X, etc. Marvel's nickname should be "The House of Borrowed Ideas"!

Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

tumblr_li3fyaTFlZ1qhafpro1_250.gif
you should post the skeleton version as well lol! XD

Cesar R M

There is that, but Energy needs a lot of money spent on it. In their eyes they are solving multiple problems in one go.
Which generally is never a good thing. (aka try to resolve all "problems" with a single "cost effective" fix that deviates the "need" for the "money".

Cesar R M

I used to ignore Spaceship Earth, thinking it was some lame history lesson and I was at WDW to have FUN dammit! Then I rode it, and I was frankly blown away. I think it's awesome. The only part I don't like is the end where it takes your picture and asks questions and junk. That blows and can get replaced any time as far as I'm concerned.
not to mention the Playstation 1 outdated graphic simulators in the exit that crash constantly.

danheaton

so are the rumors of this being a roller coaster attraction now true?

There's still nothing official, just rumors from sites that often posted rumors that never come to pass. With that said, I think something is going to happen eventually. Whether it will be Guardians or something else is what's more up in the air.

Captain Neo

Like Great Movie Ride, the narrative of the ride hurts it. Having said that, the Judy Dench narration is substantially better than the live spiel/Robert Osborne narration of the Great Movie Ride. Add in 85% of the actual show scenes being great (last 15% for the descent) and it's still a very good attraction. Updated animatronics over it's previous versions but other weaknesses as well. Irons was definitely the sweet spot for most of us.

Cronkite Era show scenes with Jeremy Irons would be perfect and I think what most fans want. You would get the originally intended show, the Tomorrow Child ending, and the best narration.

po1998

I'm sure WDW is always aware of the teen demographics and their preference for UNI and their larger stable of thrill rides. I just hate to see an attraction that can be enjoyed be everyone...UoE(I know it is dated and TOO long), be replaced by a roller coaster that will have a smaller subset of guests who can enjoy it. You already have one thrill ride on that side of FW that is over the top in that regard...M:S.

Last edited:

clemmo

I really hope they do something with the WOL building as part of this Epcot renovation. I really hope its not GOTG though.

Daveeeeed

I'm sure WDW is always aware of the teen demographics and their preference for UNI and their larger stable of thrill rides. I just hate to see an attraction that can be enjoyed be everyone...UoE(I know it is dated and TOO long), be replaced by a roller coaster that will have a smaller subset of guests who can enjoy it. You already have one thrill ride on that side of FW that is over the top in that regard...M:S.
Epcot needs a coaster. Sure you can say it doesn't need it because of Test Track, but it is the only park Disney park in the world that doesn't have one. It needs to be able to have a lineup that everyone will want to do. Imagination needs to be overhauled so that the rest of the demographic has a solid attraction too. So I think a coaster is actually a very good idea on their part. Put nostalgia aside and Energy is the ride that you go to rest, and take a nap.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Epcot needs a coaster. Sure you can say it doesn't need it because of Test Track, but it is the only park Disney park in the world that doesn't have one. It needs to be able to have a lineup that everyone will want to do. Imagination needs to be overhauled so that the rest of the demographic has a solid attraction too. So I think a coaster is actually a very good idea on their part.
A coaster is a good idea -- I agree. But killing Energy and shoehorning a theme that doesn't fit is not necessary in order to get a coaster into Epcot. Just build a new version of the Matterhorn in Italy. There, a better theme and better placement.

Daveeeeed

A coaster is a good idea -- I agree. But killing Energy and shoehorning a theme that doesn't fit is not necessary in order to get a coaster into Epcot. Just build a new version of the Matterhorn in Italy. There, a better theme and better placement.
We both know that will never happen, and energy desperately needs help. I never said anything about Guardians and like I've said before I would have preferred an energy themed coaster, but since we're not getting it, I am still very pleased that we're probably going to get a Gringotts style ride. And on top of that updates to the rest of Future World.

Daveeeeed

Apparently it's hip for the kids.
It will be able to diversify the crowds. I don't want it to be Guardians, but Epcot has always needed one. Magic Kingdom has three, Hollywood Studios has 1 very thrilling coaster, and animal Kingdom has an incredible coaster. Epcot is left with Tron track. It needs one. Otherwise people will go to Universal instead of Disney to ride coasters. I enjoy them myself too, but usually I would be fine with a non thrill ride, but again Epcot really doesn't have a very good one. Disney also doesn't want Epcot to dip in attendance after Hws and Ak are complete. Now if another one goes into Imagination I would be very disappointed.

Daveeeeed

Epcot didn't need one. That's what made Epcot, well EPCOT Center anyway. It was unique. It was its own park.

That's why they had the MK.
I get what your saying, but Epcot was supposed to have coasters, it just didn't happen due to countries not wanting to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom