Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

there's no reason there has to be an "energy" ride in Epcot. I'm skeptical that any GotG ride would really provide any "edutainment" value but there's absolutely zero reason that whatever ride that replaces Ellen has to continue to be about energy. There's plenty of other topics that could be used instead.

That said, I'm not optimistic that a GotG ride would fit into the ideals of classic Epcot. I think it would just be something "fun" and not really related to FW except in the most tangential way. But it doesn't have to be about energy and that's an unnecessary artificial constraint to the creative process for the attraction.

clemmo

A little late to the party but this just got weird especially since a few days ago this looked like it was on its last leg and now we have permits in this area. Still have no clue what any of that strange permit language means but I see a map with stuff around energy so I'll assume construction lol. Does this mean something is green lit?

ToTBellHop

A little late to the party but this just got weird especially since a few days ago this looked like it was on its last leg and now we have permits in this area. Still have no clue what any of that strange permit language means but I see a map with stuff around energy so I'll assume construction lol. Does this mean something is green lit?
GotG was called into question, not UoE. UoE needs updates regardless. Most of us agree GotG was a poor choice, but a possible move away from it doesn't remove the fact that the current ride is in deplorable condition.

lazyboy97o

Just throwing this out there, but both Guardians of the Galaxy movies have been about energy. With the energy stone in Vol. 1 and the reoccurring theme of "batteries" in Vol. 2.

With that said, making an attraction to focus on the energy theme from both movies, while tangentally logical...is still a really stupid idea.
Batteries were not a theme in Vol. 2. They were an object and their biggest role was a good bit of deus ex machina.

lazyboy97o

The permit is with the South Florida Water Management District. It has to do with how stormwater runoff is managed. There does not need to be more involved in the immediate future.

Movielover

The-Giant-Claw-monster-movies-36983442-260-195.gif

First known image of a "dinosaur".

jt04

It seems like this project is full steam ahead once again. Personally I don't buy the idea that they are preparing construction but haven't decided on a proposal.

Agreed.

And when I was speculating yesterday I hadn't seen this thread' s current news. Best news since the announcement of Pandora IMO. Whatever they are building it will be an improvement.

jbolen2

With something possibly happening here, will they continue to leave the WoL empty right next to a new offering like gotg if they build it?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, as we all know Dinosaurs are 100% fictional and never existed in the real world. (Sarcasm)

And fossil fuels aren't made from dinosaurs. Something which Bill Nye has to fudge by admitting it but then exclaiming that dinosaurs are cool. But, it was obvious someone at Disney who believed the myth that oil comes from dinosaurs demanded they make up half the ride. That's a huge science fail.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So does that mean GotG is the reason behind this permit filing?

No, not necessarily.

You know, I just can't get past the feeling I've been feeling recently that the Bob's want to "Universal-fy" the theme parks, in an off-shoot of Uni's "Ride the Movies" premise. It started with the changes to PotC to incorporate the movie into the ride that inspired the movie (Likely something Iger wanted when he took the reigns from ME). The changes to the Tower out in CA. You'll be piloting the Millennium Falcon on both coasts... some year in the future. Pandora. FEA. Continued rumblings about GotG going in somewhere at WDW. If I want to just "ride the movies", I'll go up I-4. I want original, classic, timeless rides and attractions like those that endeared WDW in the hearts and minds of millions. I don't want a bunch of "de-risked" attractions completely tied to various IP because that's the "safer" option. Sadly, I don't see any of that happening in today's TWDC, at least not while the Bob's and their MBA ilk are in charge, pushing synergy and BRAND at every opportunity in their never-ending quest to satiate Wall St. ANALysts while treating guests like walking ATM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom