• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioriz

I love all the happiness about no possible Gaudians...as a decade old member of this board i dont necessairly see that as a good thing...for ever 10 possibilites of new ridrs our insiders get us riled up about 90 % never happen and we are left with the stale state that is most of WDW....until i hear the world dedinity green lit, my hope are never for any new attraction beyond SWL, and TSL...

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Advertisement
so, realisticaly speaking, the Energy ride system has been made obsolete, now that we have the DLP Pooh ride / rat ride system?
Not at all. They're just much smaller versions. ToT in Orlando isn't obsolete is it?

They all share similar tech.

@Magic Feather @MisterPenguin @marni1971 - Is there any chance what so ever that the current track system will stay in place and the attraction get a complete overhaul? I know people might not enjoy a 45 minute ride because of one reason or another. If you want to spread the crowds out and make their time in the park enjoyable, then get some attraction that are great quality and huge capacity to help with spreading the crowds out. This palivion and WoL have great potential for this side of the park.

Sadly not at this time.
Okay thank you. My wife and I rode Ellen this past December because I told her it probably was going away and she has fond memories riding it with her sons years before. We both said, after getting off the attraction, it was still a good ride despite being a bit outdated. This is what puzzles me about the management. You have an attraction already there that needs updates and then proper refurbishments to maintain the quality. It seems like it would save money in the long run. I feeling I am getting is that grey want EPCOT to become a Magic Kingdom extension (MK 2.0) with their IP's from the movies being introduced to a place at one time didn't have any characters in it. And that will be a shame.

Cesar R M

It's so unnerving for us fans of upcoming rumored projects. UoE overhall, Rat ride, Spine renovation, UK attraction, several new WS pavilions, Tomorowland attraction, ToT reno, Stitch replacement, Speedway removal, Frontierland attraction, Mickey ride on again off again etc etc all stalled to some extent. The only thing that is concrete is the 2 IP lands at DHS and the gondola. I know this is the nature of rumors but let's hope we get some major stuff to stick
it almost feels like they do not have enough resour... checks the insane ROI and net gains of Disney oh, nevermind..

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
@Magic Feather @MisterPenguin @marni1971 - Is there any chance what so ever that the current track system will stay in place and the attraction get a complete overhaul? I know people might not enjoy a 45 minute ride because of one reason or another. If you want to spread the crowds out and make their time in the park enjoyable, then get some attraction that are great quality and huge capacity to help with spreading the crowds out. This palivion and WoL have great potential for this side of the park.
I'm honored to be included in that list, but I know nothing except how to figure out who really knows stuff and regurgitate what they say. I got about a dozen people I keep an eye on who seem to really know stuff.

Looks like we might have the first permit for this project. A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today to re-route the canal behind Energy and create two new retention ponds (POND-20 and POND-21). The permit provides the reason for this work as:

"The applicant wishes to reconfigure the existing canal to provide a more-contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas. A spur of the existing canal is proposed to be filled so that a more developable area is provided."

It also says:

"The possible future impervious areas were estimated based on manual take-offs of the input received by the applicant. The area where the construction laydown is to be located is assumed to have paved roadways into the area, a number of construction trailers as impervious, and the remainder of area to be gravel."

upload_2017-5-15_15-13-10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom