Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCast

Judging from this permit and its perimeter, it appears that WoL is outside of the boundaries. Are we to assume that it will not be affected by this project?

I'm not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of theme park permits, zoning and construction - even though I am quite apt at Roller Coaster Tycoon.

HMF

I thought the whole guardian plan was being re-evaluated or maybe not happening at all
I really hope you are right. judging by the layout it looks like they are doing something behind the UoE plot. Unless god forbid they plan on demoing UoE, Horizons-style.

HMF

Old Epcot isn't coming back, I know that's hard for a lot of people to understand but it's not happening, I would rather see them update the park then have it sit there and decay.
I would like to see them update the park too while remaining true to it's original vision. I do not want it to turn into yet another synergistic marketing platform for the Bobs to exploit their BRANDs. It is possible to update something without fundamentally changing what it is.

Kman101

But certain IPs CAN fit the brand of original Epcot Center. Not sure why IP is suddenly a dirty word and not everything IP is bad or needs to be viewed bad... it's just in how the implement them (and they've done a poor job so far; Nemo could have been a lot better, for example and been a bit more educational without the "Where's Nemo" on repeat). Do they NEED them? No. But I'm willing to meet in the middle on some IPs.

*Q*

I have to echo the confusion of others... I thought the latest buzz was that the Guardians-replacing-Energy project was having something of an indefinite delay?

Kman101

Maybe this doesn't have anything to do with Guardians? (Wishful thinking, I know ... and as much as I loved the first and now second movie that I saw today, I'd rather it steer clear of being shoehorned anywhere, be it Energy or TOT).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have to echo the confusion of others... I thought the latest buzz was that the Guardians-replacing-Energy project was having something of an indefinite delay?

It could be that, while a changeover of Ellen's is on hold, the back yard work for it is continuing on schedule. Whether the changeover is happening sooner or later, they need the construction launch pad ready to go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's possible that they have decided that Energy will get something new, but maybe they haven't decided what so this permit is just in preparation for something. It's not unusual for permits to be vague on details, but this one is exceptionally vague with numerous phrases like "possible future changes". This leads me to believe this permit was filed without them knowing exactly what they plan to build there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's possible that they have decided that Energy will get something new, but maybe they haven't decided what so this permit is just in preparation for something. It's not unusual for permits to be vague on details, but this one is exceptionally vague with numerous phrases like "possible future changes". This leads me to believe this permit was filed without them knowing exactly what they plan to build there.

Explanation for Construction Work: __You know... for this and that.. stuff._____

peter11435

Or they are purposely getting as vague as possible with these things since we've uncovered so much on here from these permits.

EricsBiscuit

Are they going to build a pavilion with the ride or just a ride? I like that idea better because most people don't like really long educational rides like UoE (I said most people). The learning could be done at the pavilion like WoL. They had BW get people in the pavilion and cool exhibits for the learning. There is only so much you can digest from a ride and to a lesser extent a show.

HMF

But certain IPs CAN fit the brand of original Epcot Center. Not sure why IP is suddenly a dirty word and not everything IP is bad or needs to be viewed bad... it's just in how the implement them (and they've done a poor job so far; Nemo could have been a lot better, for example and been a bit more educational without the "Where's Nemo" on repeat). Do they NEED them? No. But I'm willing to meet in the middle on some IPs.
I think you answered your own question.

lazyboy97o

The strategy/mandate is not just IP, it is franchises. The whole point of a franchise attraction is to support the franchise.

jhendrix

Just throwing this out there, but both Guardians of the Galaxy movies have been about energy. With the energy stone in Vol. 1 and the reoccurring theme of "batteries" in Vol. 2.

With that said, making an attraction to focus on the energy theme from both movies, while tangentally logical...is still a really stupid idea.

HMF

Just throwing this out there, but both Guardians of the Galaxy movies have been about energy. With the energy stone in Vol. 1 and the reoccurring theme of "batteries" in Vol. 2.

With that said, making an attraction to focus on the energy theme from both movies, while tangentally logical...is still a really stupid idea.
The ride is supposed to be about REAL Energy sources, Not fictional ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom