Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Here is what the ending used to be like.

You can't hear it in this video, but this is the part where Jeremy Irons says,

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and co-operation between us; to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

I get chills every time I hear it. As a matter of a fact it's my iPad wallpaper. Been thinking about changing my WDWmagic footer to say it.

Edit: Here's an audio clip http://www.intercot.com/edc/sounds/journey.wav

HMF

You can't hear it in this video, but this is the part where Jeremy Irons says,

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and co-operation between us; to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

I get chills every time I hear it. As a matter of a fact it's my iPad wallpaper. Been thinking about changing my WDWmagic footer to say it.
What a great message and really needed in this day and age.

HMF

So are all these fiber optics still there just hidden behind black sheets?
No, they have all been removed as far as i know. the only visual elements other than the screens now are the glowing triangles on the ceiling. incidentally this is where much of my anger towards Disney these days comes from and why I am not excited about the prospect of losing Reflections of Earth.

Last edited:

Bacon

They will tear out all the remaining sets and AAs and the whole ride will now be floating through a dark abyss looking at your video screen.
CkKWa4bUYAAQ4To.jpg-large.jpeg

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
What a great message and really needed in this day and age.
Amen! I also like this one,

"But will these seemingly infinite communications become a flood of electronic babble? Or will we use this power to usher in a new age of understanding and co-operation on this, our Spaceship Earth."

It used to play when you reached the dome scene. Audio here: http://www.intercot.com/edc/sounds/ourspearth.wav

P_Radden

Fibre optics are gone. The mannequins and dioramas (aside from the city) are still mostly intact.
Wow talk about a half a$$ job. So what do they do, add back the good stuff, or yank out whats remaining of the old stuff and start from scratch with the decent..?

EDIT: anyone have a decent picture of the city?

HMF

Wow talk about a half a$$ job. So what do they do, add back the good stuff, or yank out whats remaining of the old stuff and start from scratch with the decent..?

EDIT: anyone have a decent picture of the city?
We don't know. Those of us who loved the old descent have been wondering for years how they can improve the descent. Most of the general public seems to be content with the video screens but those of us who were there before 2007 know how great this ride once was and potentially could be again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom