Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rle4lunch

They already messed with it.

Agreed, the whole 10 minute (feels like 10 minutes) descend was ruined long ago. Instead of updating it with futuristic themes and promises of a better tomorrow, we get CAT5 cable and neon lights strung loosely from the ceiling and a customizable, yet terrible, Jetsons'esqe' cartoon to create and email to ourselves. This MIGHT have been neat, in say, 1996, but nowadays, it's the equivalent of watching the movie Hackers like it was a new release in theaters for 2017 and thinking it was the future of computing.

HMF

Agreed, the whole 10 minute (feels like 10 minutes) descend was ruined long ago. Instead of updating it with futuristic themes and promises of a better tomorrow, we get CAT5 cable and neon lights strung loosely from the ceiling and a customizable, yet terrible, Jetsons'esqe' cartoon to create and email to ourselves. This MIGHT have been neat, in say, 1996, but nowadays, it's the equivalent of watching the movie Hackers like it was a new release in theaters for 2017 and thinking it was the future of computing.
Never mind the technology was not that impressive when it debuted in 2008 and is even less impressive now.

HMF

The effect wasn't fully operational let alone the ride officially opened until 2008. In the 2007 soft opening the descent was even more embarrasing because the triangles hadn't been added yet nor most of the infrastructure from the 94 descent removed. and the characters in the video was a bland cartoon character straight from an E-surance commercial Slapping your picture over the head only slightly improved it.

Last edited:

wdwgreek

Im updating the list
  • Energy is getting a GotG overhaul, green lit.
  • Wonders might get a demolishment/replacement or GOTG Phase 2, not yet green lit.
  • Communicore and mouse gear will be updated/overhauled, green lit.
  • Mission Space will get a refurb/update, green lit.
  • There are plans for Imagination, but not green lit.
  • Land Will get a update, green lit.
  • Seas will get a Refurb/Replacment/Overhaul
  • Test Track will remain as is
  • Space Ship Earth will get a refurbishment
  • Brazil Pavillon, but not green lit.
  • "France Project", Not green lit
  • Coco For Mexico, Not green lit
  • Replacement for Illuminations, Green Lit.
  • New entrance plaza (THE REMOVAL OF LEAVE A LEGACY TO BE REPLACED WITH MORE NATURAL OPENING)
  • Japan Store Refurbishment walling off the old main entrance (Status: Done)
  • All of this is apart of EPCOT'S Major Overhall. Coco, France and Illuminations are expected to be done by 2021
Thanks for writing it all out. Honestly if they do this right, and they do this with money and mission working hand in hand this could be wonderful. Praying that the plans clarify themselves soon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The effect wasn't fully operational let alone the ride officially opened until 2008. In the 2007 soft opening the descent was even more embarrasing because the triangles hadn't been added yet nor most of the infrastructure from the 94 descent and the characters in the video was a bland cartoon character straight from an E-surance commercial Slapping your picture over the head only slightly improved it.
The effect ran over Christmas 2007. For the first few weeks beforehand it defaulted to B mode.

You don't have to preach to me about the overall descent believe me.

HMF

Marni out of all people is not to be doubted about his dates or recollection.... #marnifanboy
I have no doubts about Martins recollections, I just didn't remember and thought the effect didn't work until 2008 but I was obviously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom