Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Feather

Anyone else giggle just a little when they read or have to write out IP???

No......just me huh......IP:hilarious:
image.jpeg
;)

Kman101

Since Japan is on hold (temporarily? are they trying to find an IP to shove in there instead?), what about the Ratatouille ride? Was that ever seriously on the table for World Showcase? Is it still?

Kman101

Man, I'd really love to look across the lagoon and see Mt. Fuji :/ let's hope someday, and hopefully I'm still kickin' at that point (heck, I'd take the train simulator) .... If there's already a showbuilding there in Japan, what could fit in it? It was meant for a show like Carousel of Progress, right? I hope we don't just get a copy of Tokyo Disneyland's BH6 spinner and they call it a day. LOL

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Man, I'd really love to look across the lagoon and see Mt. Fuji :/ let's hope someday, and hopefully I'm still kickin' at that point .... If there's already a showbuilding there in Japan, what could fit in it? It was meant for a show like Carousel of Progress, right? I hope we don't just get a copy of Tokyo Disneyland's BH6 spinner and they call it a day. LOL
Japan was originally getting a Circlevision. Then a Carousel Theatre (what it was built for)

Along the way there's been proposals for Fuji - in the 70s and in the 80s again, then a dark ride, then a Circlevision and a dark ride.

DE Willo

Just catching up so apologies if this has already been raised.

I thought Tron (as in akin to Shanghai) was meant to be taking over one of the buildings in Epcot (Innovations West?) Looking at the ride, would seriously be a great addition in my opinion.
If they are going to change Epcot, go for GotG ride, Tron Ride. Smash doewn the building which now occupys the DVC area and create a flume ride in Canada and build Ratouille ride in France.

Not too sure about Innovations East, go for Dr Strange maybe, and kill Figment and add an Inside Out sensory ride of some sort.

There done! :)

Kman101

I personally don't love the TRON exterior. Maybe it looks better in person but I find it ugly. LOL. I'm sure at night it looks great though. I'd be open to the ride showing up though. I wonder if it's back on the table?

DE Willo

Thinking more Tomorrow Land with a hint of Adventure Land, but in reference to your point, in essence yes.

I love Epcot, but it does feels tired and is suffering from an identity crisis. Unless they really invest in ground breaking technology which they showcased in the 90's, the direction needs to change, in my humble opinion.
Inside Out, Tron would work in Future World, especially if they did something sensory for Inside Out, not necessarily a ride but something based on how the brain works or something along these lines.
I understand your point, and in many ways I agree as we have MK, HS and AK. Why do we need another park along the same lines? But I just feel Walt's original vision is not really respected by the new generation of theme park visitors (my children for example) and whilst I would love something for them which makes them think, I cant see Disney going for it.
Hence the recommendations, cant beat them join them :)

First time poster here so "hi everybody!" Let me start out with the fact that EPCOT is probably my family's favorite park, especially the countries. FW has fallen on hard times because it looks so dated. Now I am not sure about the GoTG theming per ride exactly but I could easily see FW getting a XANDER planet makeover. This would create an updated FW with plants to cool all that concrete and get rid of the 80's look. Throw in some new futuristic buildings done with forced perspective to make FW look bigger/taller, here and there to sell things and you could easily, at least in my eyes, keep the original intent of FW. I think the architecture already in FW will really add to the surrounding areas if they have an updated futuristic look. Then we can re-vist this in 30 years and go OMG it is so dated, what were they thinking!

Make Innovations a meet and greet area for superheroes and add smaller star wars tours type motion rides to capture the superhero feel. The MCU needs an area to meet and greet. Smaller rides will allow FW to keep the architecture of the area without adding rollercoasters and other rides to FW. Many of the rides now have alternate endings/versions they could easily incorporate different heroes into the same ride. I makes sense o me, An updated future look for FW and a place to include the MCU since Hollywood studios has gone so toy story and star wars.

Princess Leia

First time poster here so "hi everybody!" Let me start out with the fact that EPCOT is probably my family's favorite park, especially the countries. FW has fallen on hard times because it looks so dated. Now I am not sure about the GoTG theming per ride exactly but I could easily see FW getting a XANDER planet makeover. This would create an updated FW with plants to cool all that concrete and get rid of the 80's look. Throw in some new futuristic buildings done with forced perspective to make FW look bigger/taller, here and there to sell things and you could easily, at least in my eyes, keep the original intent of FW. I think the architecture already in FW will really add to the surrounding areas if they have an updated futuristic look. Then we can re-vist this in 30 years and go OMG it is so dated, what were they thinking!

Make Innovations a meet and greet area for superheroes and add smaller star wars tours type motion rides to capture the superhero feel. The MCU needs an area to meet and greet. Smaller rides will allow FW to keep the architecture of the area without adding rollercoasters and other rides to FW. Many of the rides now have alternate endings/versions they could easily incorporate different heroes into the same ride. I makes sense o me, An updated future look for FW and a place to include the MCU since Hollywood studios has gone so toy story and star wars.
Welcome to the boards!
Unfortunately, the MCU isn't getting an area anywhere on the East Coast due to licensing laws with Universal. They can use GotG through a loophole in the contract, and I think said loophole is how they were able to have a M&G with Doctor Strange over at DHS for a few weeks. In the longterm though, the only MCU characters that you're likely to see in the East Coast parks are Star Lord & Gamora.

Bocabear

Sounds like a better plan for Tomorrowland... Forced perspective buildings and heavy IP involvement...more of a fantasy of the furure... whach was never supposed to be what FutureWorld was...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Welcome to the boards!
Unfortunately, the MCU isn't getting an area anywhere on the East Coast due to licensing laws with Universal. They can use GotG through a loophole in the contract, and I think said loophole is how they were able to have a M&G with Doctor Strange over at DHS for a few weeks. In the longterm though, the only MCU characters that you're likely to see in the East Coast parks are Star Lord & Gamora.

This might be a little knit-picky but it's not really a loophole, it's simply the terms of the contracts. A loophole is an inadvertent flaw in a contract that can be used to circumvent it. The contract was never meant to cover all Marvel characters.

Princess Leia

This might be a little knit-picky but it's not really a loophole, it's simply the terms of the contracts. A loophole is an inadvertent flaw in a contract that can be used to circumvent it. The contract was never meant to cover all Marvel characters.
lol thanks for the correction :) It's been a long morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom