Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl Sweatpants

The original barely lasted 14 years. This one is now 20 years old. And who's fault is that? Even The production company takes offence to it now.

So fix the pavilion. Restore it to its prior grandeur. Don't tear is apart and stick an IP in.
By and large, I don't think current Imagineering knows how to fix things. Hence why we have so many IP-bandaids cropping up.

HauntedMansionFLA

So i've been off the forums recently but decided to start catching up, still rather confused does anyone know what's up with this project? Last I checked in it was back to TOT but then that leaves Energy with nothing.
Nothing has been confirmed by Disney. Until there's an announcement by Disney, everything is just rumors.

CanadianGordon

I remember riding the original UOE when I first visited. Before Ellen. I vaguely remember the opening movie but mostly remember the amazing vehicles and the dinosaurs.
That's pretty much it. I don't have high hopes for this attraction.

Luxe

Iger's public comments that Disney is only going to focus on franchises in the parks predate Chapek by years.
Slightly off topic but somewhat related. Watch this video of Iger talking about SW and TFA. Does it make you grind your teeth as much as it does for me? Just think, that's the guy running the parks. It's no surprise that they're becoming as lifeless as his gaze.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Slightly off topic but somewhat related. Watch this video of Iger talking about SW and TFA. Does it make you grind your teeth as much as it does for me? Just think, that's the guy running the parks. It's no surprise that they're becoming as lifeless as his gaze.

Uhh.... it seems like a pretty good interview. Iger is very well spoken. Sure, he's trying to take credit for SW being at Diz, but, it was his decision. And J.J. is pretty much backing him up as a good boss.

The only way this video looks bad for Iger is if you're coloring with Anti-Iger tinted glasses.

The_Jobu

Uhh.... it seems like a pretty good interview. Iger is very well spoken. Sure, he's trying to take credit for SW being at Diz, but, it was his decision. And J.J. is pretty much backing him up as a good boss.

The only way this video looks bad for Iger is if you're coloring with Anti-Iger tinted glasses.

So it's an interview where a guy agrees with his boss while his boss says what a good boss he is?

Now I'm extra glad I didn't watch it.

Luxe

The only time his dead eyes light up is whenever he talks about how much he "appreciates" the Star Wars fans. I don't believe for a second that he cares about the Star Wars IP for anything other than a money printing machine. In fact, I don't believe that he cares about any Disney owned IP, especially if it's not an unlimited withdrawal ATM. He simply uses the mostly popular ones to make as much money as possible in every square inch of the park. He doesn't care about creative or pushing innovative ideas. Why should he when all he has to do is throw in a popular IP and watch the money flow? Shareholders pat him on the head and say good boy.

How can we have faith in the company when it's being run by someone with that mindset? It gives me little hope for the future of Epcot and the rest of the P&R.

jt04

Yes, it was 100% my opinion of Mr. Iger in that interview. I can look past his corporate jargon to see directly into his money sucking soul.

I think you are presenting to the world much more about yourself than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom