Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveeeeed

Yeah. But they don't move 600 people at a time in the same ride space...
Better capacity:D. If they were to change the vehicle and keep it energy-themed that would be awesome. The vehicles are cool even better than GMR, but I feel like in part the super slow movements, and flatness of the path hold them back.

Plus the current ride, the load/unload, and the line are just ugly carpet: not very energy-themed there. Change is good, so long as they don't get rid of things that should stay like 20K, or for budgetary reasons.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Better capacity:D. If they were to change the vehicle and keep it energy-themed that would be awesome. The vehicles are cool even better than GMR, but I feel like in part the super slow movements, and flatness of the path hold them back.
Let's go back to the fog covered floors, the real rain, the wind, the darker lighting scheme

And the heat, the waves, the lava that looked like lava, the sparks, the awe, the mystery, the drama...

Oops. It's 1982 again.

The Empress Lilly

Let's go back to the fog covered floors, the real rain, the wind, the darker lighting scheme

And the heat, the waves, the lava that looked like lava, the sparks, the awe, the mystery, the drama...
tr42.gif

'...and feel all the wonderful motion, flowing through things far and near'.
tr36.gif

Daveeeeed

Oops. It's 1982 again.
Unfortunately never got to see it, I'm sure it rocked! Vehicles could change or not, but what I am saying is make the entire ride have show scenes like the Dino scene and drop the screens. Using effects would make using the current vehicles work great.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Neil deGrasse Tyson hosting a Cosmos inspired ride that gives us a history of our planet. That's what I want.
For as much as Technology advanced much to the determent of many Epcot attractions, Space is still so much of a mystery to us that I really feel something like this would work and not become outdated so quickly. I really like your idea!

Cesar R M

For as much as Technology advanced much to the determent of many Epcot attractions, Space is still so much of a mystery to us that I really feel something like this would work and not become outdated so quickly. I really like your idea!
I dont think that would be hard to expand, just keep adding new segments of COSMOS as they get new technology. or expand the pavilion as time goes by (like every 5 years)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Planetariums. You could do Cosmos. You could do shows featuring IPs (Miles, GotG, Pigs in Space) or not. Change the shows regularly. Buy already created planetarium shows. Produce their own planetarium shows and after a period of exclusivity, sell them to other planetariums. Plus the planetarium experience with 4D elements (smells, wind, fog, reclining and moving chairs). It's basically a theater on the ceiling. Put in four theaters for high throughput. Make the queue an event unto itself. Set up the theaters for conferencing and lectures (or parties or 'events') after hours. You can have one person making a presentation that all four theaters can see. Become the yearly destination of astronomy conventions. What better fits sitting in between Spaceship Earth and Mission: Space?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The history of our planet is very much open to interpretation. Too controversial for Disney. But I like where your head is at.

In 1940, Disney made a segment in Fantasia about evolving from single cell animals. In Dinosaur, you learn that dinosaur are from a time more than 5,000 years ago. Disney has shown in many ways that they don't cater to a religious right-wing Christian fundamentalism (and many Christians and Christian denominations, such as Catholicism don't have a problem with evolution).

So, I don't think a scientific history of Earth is off the table.

EPCOTCenterLover

Evolution is the one theory they do cater to. As a creationist, it doesn't bother me, but even left leaning folks are believers in an Earth creating God. Not just the domain of the ultra conservative religious.

Bocabear

Seems like when I was a kid, there was not such a crazy debate about Evolution... the Faith communities just seemd to live well with the science community... now it seems just crazy that it has to be only one way or the other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom