Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveeeeed

It can become more iconic with a retheme.

What holds it back is that you are jolted from the twilight zone to a view of the headwaters of the everglades mixed with the ride mechanics of a typical drop tower. Now this might have worked if it was incorporated into the storyline but it isn't. At least in any clear way.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the view and the drops but the ride narrative continuity is sorely lacking. Original Tiki Room outshines it for checking all the boxes of a classic Disney attraction. There are many other examples. Almost all involved Walt Disney. Imagineering seems to be working to bring back those original principles. So a ToT overlay should be a step in that direction.
So what LET ME GUESS, you also think they should not allow RADIATOR SPRINGS RACERS to go outside because you have sightline issues with The Tower of Terror. Makes perfect sense. Ironic too, because I thought you loved ips, and when an ip actually is done well and was made alongside the land you are against it, but you like ips that have nothing to do with a land. There is also something called an update too. You are very smart:bored::banghead::arghh::rolleyes::hilarious:

Last edited:

jt04

So, I just watched videos on the Tower at TDS. Now THAT has an immersive story that carries you through the entire attraction. They even address the issue of seeing the horizons clearly by adding faux broken window frames. Very nice and proof that relying on TZ as the IP is not necessary.

Now if only they could get the same talented Imagineering people to design the GotG overlay at DCA.

Oh wait.......they did.

It seems his name is Hightower, I think. My Japanese is not the best.

Ag11gani

So, I just watched videos on the Tower at TDS. Now THAT has an immersive story that carries you through the entire attraction. They even address the issue of seeing the horizons clearly by adding faux broken window frames. Very nice and proof that relying on TZ as the IP is not necessary.

Now if only they could get the same talented Imagineering people to design the GotG overlay at DCA.

Oh wait.......they did.

What exactly other than the storyline makes TDS Tower better than the Twilight Zone counterparts. If anything I'd say the TZ ToTs story is better as it makes sense for a hotel, rather than a strange Idol story. I'm not saying their ToT is bad, it's just not as good.

And does seeing the rest of WDW make EE a bad attraction, does seeing the backstage animal areas from the train at AK make that a bad ride. If you ask me EE is a excellent and extremely well done attraction, where I don't care if I see grass.

jt04

What exactly other than the storyline makes TDS Tower better than the Twilight Zone counterparts. If anything I'd say the TZ ToTs story is better as it makes sense for a hotel, rather than a strange Idol story. I'm not saying their ToT is bad, it's just not as good.

And does seeing the rest of WDW make EE a bad attraction, does seeing the backstage animal areas from the train at AK make that a bad ride. If you ask me EE is a excellent and extremely well done attraction, where I don't care if I see grass.

I thought of this and EE does not focus your attention on the horizons except to emphasize height. I do think seeing the backstage elements from the train is bad show. Remember though, that is from the Eisner era and his mistakes are being shoveled up one at a time.

Apparently there are some plans on the drawing board for that corner of the park. As leehisownself once alluded to.

yeti

It can become more iconic with a retheme.

What holds it back is that you are jolted from the twilight zone to a view of the headwaters of the everglades mixed with the ride mechanics of a typical drop tower. Now this might have worked if it was incorporated into the storyline but it isn't. At least in any clear way.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the view and the drops but the ride narrative continuity is sorely lacking. Original Tiki Room outshines it for checking all the boxes of a classic Disney attraction. There are many other examples. Almost all involved Walt Disney. Imagineering seems to be working to bring back those original principles. So a ToT overlay should be a step in that direction.

I think they should bulldoze WDW and turn it into a salt mine because I can always see airplanes flying overhead. Totally breaks the narrative continuity, man.

jt04

I thought of this and EE does not focus your attention on the horizons except to emphasize height. I do think seeing the backstage elements from the train is bad show. Remember though, that is from the Eisner era and his mistakes are being shoveled up one at a time.

Apparently there are some plans on the drawing board for that corner of the park. As leehisownself once alluded to.

Oh PS, I think EE will need to address the external views at some point. Perhaps adding more show elements to focus riders attention on.

DinoInstitute

Good thing you don't need to know any Japenese to know his name
IMG_5746.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom