Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt04

I don't see why Energy needs to be replaced, it's probably the best pavilion to stick to the theme besides Spaceship Earth. It supposedly is going to close in January. (Plus the BGM always made me think of WOL for some reason, maybe because they are nearby and the music kinda merged together)

The best pavilion? Please.

And ToT is now supposed to be a "classic". How standards have fallen. Good to know new management has plans. The more the better.

rd805

I don't see why Energy needs to be replaced, it's probably the best pavilion to stick to the theme besides Spaceship Earth. It supposedly is going to close in January. (Plus the BGM always made me think of WOL for some reason, maybe because they are nearby and the music kinda merged together)

Stahhpppp. -- it's legit awful lol.

Otterhead

I honestly don't see how they can run that pavilion for another year plus without SOME love. Awful.
Disney got really lucky with Ellen's Energy Adventure. I doubt when they launched it they would've predicted that in 2016, Ellen would be way more popular and influential than she was then, Bill Nye would be seen as serious science guru, and Jeopardy would still be just as relevant. My friends and I joke about calling it "Ellen's Energy Nap", because it's the perfect place for a 40-minute sit down in the A/C, but they can easily keep it going another year or so. It was packed every time I was there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Disney got really lucky with Ellen's Energy Adventure. I doubt when they launched it they would've predicted that in 2016, Ellen would be way more popular and influential than she was then, Bill Nye would be seen as serious science guru, and Jeopardy would still be just as relevant. My friends and I joke about calling it "Ellen's Energy Nap", because it's the perfect place for a 40-minute sit down in the A/C, but they can easily keep it going another year or so. It was packed every time I was there.
@marni1971 Couldn't Energy, along with the rest of FutureWorld, get a complete update without putting IP's everywhere with the proper budget? I don't mind Energy but not with outdated facts and broken part throughout the attraction.

wdwfan4ver

My friends and I joke about calling it "Ellen's Energy Nap", because it's the perfect place for a 40-minute sit down in the A/C, but they can easily keep it going another year or so. It was packed every time I was there.
When do you go there?

I am asking because the times I went, it wasn't busy. I go in late August on UOE or early early September. The crowds were so small that you could easily fit the entire crowd one of the vehicles.

Otterhead

When do you go there?
I was there last week (Oct 15 -22). I rode with my friends once, and it was very full. Friends who missed it the first time rode later in the week as I did some shopping, and they reported that it was about half full (we were there just as the park opened).

montyz81

So according to another thread GoTG has shifted back to ToT, is that correct? If so, then what is planned for UOE? Tron? Some other IP, Maybe a fixing of the Energy Theme? Maybe one of the rooftop solar companies could sponsor the ride.

Otterhead

So according to another thread GoTG has shifted back to ToT, is that correct?
Correct me if I'm wrong, someone, but as I understand it, no. GotG is being put in at the California ToT but not the Florida one anytime soon (if at all). The Universe of Energy pavilion has had height balloons floated around it and one rumor is that something GotG is going in there.

Oriolesmagic

So according to another thread GoTG has shifted back to ToT, is that correct? If so, then what is planned for UOE? Tron? Some other IP, Maybe a fixing of the Energy Theme? Maybe one of the rooftop solar companies could sponsor the ride.

Can you imagine getting Tesla to sponsor Universe of Energy? Same idea but with Elon Musk taking you through the future of Energy. I have a feeling that something like that would be extremely popular. (Though one would have to think that Chevorlet would want to have a word with Disney)

No Name

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone, but as I understand it, no. GotG is being put in at the California ToT but not the Florida one anytime soon (if at all). The Universe of Energy pavilion has had height balloons floated around it and one rumor is that something GotG is going in there.

You should read Spirit's new thread, as that does not look to be the case at the moment.

wdwfan4ver

You got old information.

WDW1974 mentioned new information last night. The information is on the first page on a thread called a Terror-rific Sprited 13th(tot fans have lots to fear).

djkidkaz

But by the time he goes there to read it plans will have changed again. ;)

Yeah the misinformation here is just awful sometimes. In the last couple years CarsLand was coming, Star Wars land was taking over Indy, Studios was being renamed to Hollywood Adventure, Monstropolis, GotG was replacing Ellen, Frontierland was getting a huge makeover and the list goes on and on. The majority of major announcements is never even mentioned here or it ends up being stuff that is so vague or obvious. Star Wars Lamd comes to mind, I think it was a given everyone knew that would be coming. Pixar Land was another one that was mentioned here, but I don't ever recall anyone saying Toy Story Land until it was actually announced, everyone assumed it would be numerous Pixar IP's. Then you have stuff like the new water ride at Typhoon that was never even mentioned here. I personally think what @danlb_2000 does here is the best part of this site because it's based on facts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah the misinformation here is just awful sometimes. In the last couple years CarsLand was coming, Star Wars land was taking over Indy, Studios was being renamed to Hollywood Adventure, Monstropolis, GotG was replacing Ellen, Frontierland was getting a huge makeover and the list goes on and on. The majority of major announcements is never even mentioned here or it ends up being stuff that is so vague or obvious. Star Wars Lamd comes to mind, I think it was a given everyone knew that would be coming. Pixar Land was another one that was mentioned here, but I don't ever recall anyone saying Toy Story Land until it was actually announced, everyone assumed it would be numerous Pixar IP's. Then you have stuff like the new water ride at Typhoon that was never even mentioned here. I personally think what @danlb_2000 does here is the best part of this site because it's based on facts.

But the question is, how much of that was mis-information, and how much was information that was correct at the moment, but changed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
But the question is, how much of that was mis-information, and how much was information that was correct at the moment, but changed.

And the reason why I refuse to be disappointed about the Tower makeover. It maybe the plan today, 6 months from now maybe not so much. Heck Disney went so far to give CMs new assignments for the closing/makeover for Imagination and the Day after the New Year it never happened, CMs stayed put and the pavilion is pretty much what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom