Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorterRedkey

I did, and made a follow up comment too. I just thought this was funny :p
We must resist calling out the troll. Trolls are easy targets for funny posts. It can make us feel good to reveal the troll as dumb. The problem is trolls have no shame. We can laugh at your funny comments(and they are), but that gives the troll a platform to respond.

Trolls want responses not likes. So think about that when you respond. Ask why are you doing it and is that more important than feeding the troll. My 2 cents.
Signed,
jaded fan. (lol)

Cesar R M

Ha! My pleasure...
3814986.jpg
at this rate.. every attraction will be related to "The Mummy" in some way.. (all being held by ducktape)

Cesar R M

So, I just watched videos on the Tower at TDS. Now THAT has an immersive story that carries you through the entire attraction. They even address the issue of seeing the horizons clearly by adding faux broken window frames. Very nice and proof that relying on TZ as the IP is not necessary.

Now if only they could get the same talented Imagineering people to design the GotG overlay at DCA.

Oh wait.......they did.

It seems his name is Hightower, I think. My Japanese is not the best.
I'm still baffled you're giving such opinions when you haven't even been on these rides. Let alone touched the parks.
You keep putting yourself like you're some sort of expert. Try at least once to get into the parks.. seriously.

Mike S

I'm still baffled you're giving such opinions when you haven't even been on these rides. Let alone touched the parks.
You keep putting yourself like you're some sort of expert. Try at least once to get into the parks.. seriously.
He's a lot like current big wigs at the company. Barely or even never setting foot in the parks yet trying to decide their future regardless.

Cmdr_Crimson

. If anything I'd say the TZ ToTs story is better as it makes sense for a hotel, rather than a strange Idol story. I'm not saying their ToT is bad, it's just not as good.

Same thing goes when the former Paramount's Kings Island & Dominion's launch coaster (RnRC Layout) was based on the other Sci-Fi series..
olfoflogo.gif

You entered a hangar to see a captured UFO And guests were able to "Go on Board" only to find out that you had more than you bargained entering that ship and the creatures are their to experiment on you..
latest

It worked well when it first opened...But, then the contract ended and gone went the Plot, Effects and the whole kabosh...Darn shame too. It was Pitchblack for most of the ride after the launch...And with it was just alien growls and other noises that tricked you while through the inversions...

Last edited:

Cesar R M

He's a lot like current big wigs at the company. Barely or even never setting foot in the parks yet trying to decide their future regardless.
gaassp!! What if he is actually one of the top executives and is trying his best to excuse his awfully poor performance (to the public) park wise?.
I hope he's still getting his bonuses for cost cutting stuff in the parks ;)

montyz81

So Gov Nix' speech about how we are charging full speed ahead towards the end isn't so far fetched. We are still feeding the wrong Wolf.
The positive image of the future that Epcot Center tried to encourage truly does appears to be dead.

Bring on the mindless rides of fun based on Marvel. Bring on entertainment that doesn't require thinking or learning. Ignore the possibility of projecting positive images of the future through edutainment. Ignore the position Disney has in positively influencing our children. Just build them rides based on video games and comic books so they don't have to learn to think for themselves.

Sorry, I know I am ranting a bit. I hate to see things like this video. I have one thing to say. "I get the world sucks, but what are we doing to fix it?" Lets start with helping our children learn how to fix it. Bring back Epcot Center or something like it that entertains and encourages kids to positively think about how we improve the future.

rle4lunch

A clip from Mystery Science Theater 3000, one of the greatest TV shows of all time! It ran on Comedy Central from 1989-1996, The Sci-Fi Channel from 1997-2000, and now, thanks to a hugely successful Kickstarter, new episodes are coming soon to Netflix!

I'm glad to have contributed to this Kickstarter. Still waiting for my awards though... sigh.

Matt_Black

I'm glad to have contributed to this Kickstarter. Still waiting for my awards though... sigh.

The physical stuff? Yeah. The episodes on VHX are good, though. I'd never seen Final Justice before, now I can watch whenever I want. Also cool that the RiffTrax guys kicked in a few freebies on their site, especially considering how there was a bit of grumbling when it started....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom