Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rle4lunch

The physical stuff? Yeah. The episodes on VHX are good, though. I'd never seen Final Justice before, now I can watch whenever I want. Also cool that the RiffTrax guys kicked in a few freebies on their site, especially considering how there was a bit of grumbling when it started....

ya, I got the episodes. still waiting for the other stuff. I only did $50 though, so not much is coming anyway. Saw Final Justice a couple years ago, gotta love some Joe Don Baker. Fun fact, Joe Don Baker said that if he ever met the cast of MST3K, he'd kick their a$$es because of what they did with Mitchell (one of my top 10 faves).

Matt_Black

ya, I got the episodes. still waiting for the other stuff. I only did $50 though, so not much is coming anyway. Saw Final Justice a couple years ago, gotta love some Joe Don Baker. Fun fact, Joe Don Baker said that if he ever met the cast of MST3K, he'd kick their a$$es because of what they did with Mitchell (one of my top 10 faves).

I think it was the episode guide where one of the writers said, "Bring it." "He'll see us at an entertainment industry party, get mad, take a swing, miss, spill his cocktail on his rented date, then fall through the hors d'oeurves table."

NovaCiteJourneys

The best pavilion? Please.

And ToT is now supposed to be a "classic". How standards have fallen. Good to know new management has plans. The more the better.
It is far from the best pavilion, but it it the best at sticking to the EPCOT Center theme. It had it's comical aspects after the refurb too, it's not alone though because Cranium Command was like that too.

Po'Rich

... Are YOU Joe Don Baker?
mitchell-joe-don-baker-linda-dvd-cover-art.jpg

NovaCiteJourneys

It and The Land (specifically the boat ride) are really the last holdouts of the "old Epcot", besides Spaceship Earth. Although personally I always thought the original pre-show was the single coolest thing about UoE :)

It's funny how bad Epcot is now. We have 3 pavilions with no audio animatronics now. (The Festival Center, (Unless you count Buzzy and that other guy's corpse) Mission: Space, and Test Track. I'm not sure about The Seas with Nemo and Friends as far as animatronics go, but EPCOT is really, truly dead.

Cesar R M

It's funny how bad Epcot is now. We have 3 pavilions with no audio animatronics now. (The Festival Center, (Unless you count Buzzy and that other guy's corpse) Mission: Space, and Test Track. I'm not sure about The Seas with Nemo and Friends as far as animatronics go, but EPCOT is really, truly dead.
Only the "mine" birds outside and a few seashells inside for Nemo and Friends?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You'd love to be wrong? But..you sounded optimistic, no? Optimistic, that is, about what will become of the Park Formerly Known As EPCOT Center?
It'll certainly be better than what is there today.

Given a choice I'd rather go with the previous refurb plan before this came along. A storyline focussed on the Big Bang and the creation of the Earth.

The Empress Lilly

Given a choice I'd rather go with the previous refurb plan before this came along. A storyline focussed on the Big Bang and the creation of the Earth.
That sounds somewhat fun. I can see how that would play out.

Although EPCOT doesn't need an imposed backstory. It has a story, and it just needs to be understood, articulated and be the driver of the park.

clemmo

I'm told it's still a go. Others are told differently. I'd love to be wrong.

I'd agree best case scenario is a brand new attraction in DHS and the refurb for energy. However given the choice of ruining TOT or Energy i'd have to say save TOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom