Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

Yeah, plans for this are higly ( from what I last heard ) in flux regarding timelines. Originally, this was closing Jan 2, but WiR got priority, and despite being different parks, I was told that that was reason A, so intitial construction can go towards WiR, to save. The most recent thing I have heard is not having closure opuntil December, or even the beginning of 2018. Point is, this project (Guardians, not UoE Guardians is all but nailed down. But one thing is certain for now. ToT is safe... For now. Note: GotG: MB will be open before any presently planned closures.

So what you're saying is that Guardians will arrive in WDW but possibly not in Energy? There is still a slight chance of hope?

Cesar R M

So they're literally going to let UoE rot into the ground? I honestly don't see how they can run that pavilion for another year plus without SOME love. Awful.
Didnt they do the same to space mountain at DL until it was literally falling apart.. and until THEN they decided to refurb?

speaking of refurbs.. I seen (on facebook) that Thunder Mountain is finally under walls for the long awaited refurb.

doctornick

Yeah, plans for this are higly ( from what I last heard ) in flux regarding timelines. Originally, this was closing Jan 2, but WiR got priority, and despite being different parks, I was told that that was reason A, so intitial construction can go towards WiR, to save. The most recent thing I have heard is not having closure opuntil December, or even the beginning of 2018.

I can see the logic a little in that MK has plenty of attractions, so losing SGE to open up a WIR attraction is not a big loss operationally. Then they can get WIR opened soon and have something "new" to promote for WDW.

For that same reason, I'd actually wish they would green light Ratatouille or whatever they might build in WS and just get it built ASAP to help with capacity in Epcot before they shut anything else down. Obviously, not going to be opened before Energy would close for its replacement, but the sooner they can get stuff open, the better to help with crowds.

HauntedMansionFLA

Well Energy is definitely leaving so if not Guardians (and Guardians seems to definitely be coming somewhere in WDW) then what replaces Energy?
Star Wars of course........... Really, if they are so hell bent bringing IP's ( MK 2.0) into EPCOT, what would be a good thing to put in.
I think they should get rid of Ellen and update the ride totally. Just replace the content to make it up to date, fix what's broken in it and there you go. While they are doing that, put a good attraction in WOL.

Cesar R M

Star Wars of course........... Really, if they are so hell bent bringing IP's ( MK 2.0) into EPCOT, what would be a good thing to put in.
I think they should get rid of Ellen and update the ride totally. Just replace the content to make it up to date, fix what's broken in it and there you go. While they are doing that, put a good attraction in WOL.
Wouldnt be surprised. Marni and others already said they all plans for EPCOT involve IPS .

Rmm98

While Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorite movies because it was so amazingly funny and unique. I was less than excited to hear rumors that the ride could take the place of one of my favorite rides. Which is Universe of Energy because it is something I grew up with and has always been one of my favorite attractions. But I do agree that it has needed an update for a while now and have always wanted it to get one. Although there has been a lot of back and forth as to where the attraction may go I still believe it is a good fit for Epcot. I just don't think it should go where Universe of Energy because it would feel to forced. Like they are trying to put another space IP even though Mission: Space is already there.
So I feel that Mission: Space is the best spot because of a few reasons. Most Epcot fans don't like Mission: Space to much because it replaced Horizons. So I feel as if they could apply a Gaurdians of the Galaxy theme to Mission: Space it would be a good fit in Future World. Not only because it is a space themed IP but because people have really connected with these characters and they are now being used to inspire others. Such as Groot and Rocket Raccoon are being put on the official emblem for astronauts going to the International space station. And also are going to be used to promote STEM projects in schools. There were some rumors saying that Mission: Space would be getting an update. But I believe that the money would be better spent on something that has to do the respective pavilion and could give Epcot a prearranged good attendance spike. I know that some of you guys aren't over the moon with IP in Future World. But I think could be a great improvement over what is there and add something cool an amazing park.
IMG_4462.JPG
And here's a link to the video for the project:

NovaCiteJourneys

I don't see why Energy needs to be replaced, it's probably the best pavilion to stick to the theme besides Spaceship Earth. It supposedly is going to close in January. (Plus the BGM always made me think of WOL for some reason, maybe because they are nearby and the music kinda merged together)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom