Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

I should have went into further detail saying it should have been a longer ride time.

Hopefully it would use existing ride systems.
Why does it have to use existing ride systems? We shouldn't have to make that caveat for something to work properly. I want Guardians of the Galaxy to be the best ride in Walt Disney World. We should want nothing less in any new E-ticket.

RSoxNo1

Except that Guardians of the Galaxy itself disproves the idea that people only want what they already know. There was a time when simply being something new at a Disney theme park was something that excited the public. People haven't magically and suddenly changed. The people running Disney's theme parks aren't theme park people. They don't care about theme parks; they don't like theme parks. In the past 20 years the only head of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts with prior industry experience was Jay Rasulo, who was chosen to stay over Matt Ouimet. Do you really think they would transfer someone from human resources to run Walt Disney Animation Studios or someone from Disney Store to run ABC?
These are the same brain dead simpletons that think the theme park market is mature. They are incapable of anything other than linear thinking. People like Frozen, build a Frozen ride. People like Guardians of the Galaxy, build a Guardians of the Galaxy. Epcot needs help, put both attractions in Epcot.

There are reasons why DisneySea feels right when you walk around. But even that park is seeing the character influence extend the logic of the themed areas.

Matthew

And you should realise who you're talking to.

And have some manners.

Wow... I read what the person said as saying you aren't shy with your opinions before quite correctly pointing out that what the person in question posted was just their own opinion and not necessarily the opinion of others. If you read his post and considered it rude enough to tell him to mind his manners then re-read your own as its much ruder "realise who you're talking to" ???? he's talking to another person on the internet and voicing his opinion like anybody... there is nothing it the world that makes the other person more entitled to an opinion than him. You for instance will probably not like what I have said here and I will probably get a lot of hate for it however whilst I realise you have inside information at times... that doesn't make you more entitled to an opinion than me or anybody else.

I have been watching this board for a long time and love reading the posts but some of the stuff that gets posted comes across as quite nasty and in all honesty not in the Disney Spirit... everybody has different opinions on the state of the company and are entitled to them. Can people not just voice them in a polite manner instead of arguing and trying to come across as superior to other?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For clarification... we're talking about a new ride system and/or completely new ride building... not a reuse of the current ride system... correct?

so the WoL or UoE, or both will get demoed?

As it stands the Energy building will stay. With a new ride system. Wonders may not.

Energy should also have walk through areas - maybe a sit down area maybe not - plus the new ride system.

RSoxNo1

I doubt that this will be happening. Why? Because of pre-existing agreements between Marvel and Universal, TWDC is not permitted to have any Marvel IPs in WDWs or TDRs parks. However, because this agreement is perpetual, Universal/Comcast can, AND MAY, get into a dispute with TWDC and/or sue TWDC for violating their contract already in place with Marvel. So do I think this will be happening? Unless NBC Universal terminates their agreement with Marvel, NO.

GotG is the exception to the rule. Because the characters were considered to be D-listers when the contract was made, they were not a part of it.

Guardians is currently in The Great Movie Ride. Disney would not break ground on an attraction if their lawyers haven't thoroughly vetted the legalese. It's safe to assume Guardians of the Galaxy is a non-issue relative to the existing agreement.

If it wasn't technically part of the original agreement, I would not be surprised to hear that Disney and Universal have reached a separate agreement for those characters that would also allow Universal to utilize the movie versions of the other Avengers in a different attraction. There have been strong rumors about a major addition to Super Hero Island.

gmajew

Premium Member
Guardians is currently in The Great Movie Ride. Disney would not break ground on an attraction if their lawyers haven't thoroughly vetted the legalese. It's safe to assume Guardians of the Galaxy is a non-issue relative to the existing agreement.

Take this one step further and I doubt they would not make this move if they already did not have some conversations with Universal Comcast to make sure they are all on board with it. Would not surprise me if they even offered it to Comcast but with a much higher ticket cost on the entire Marvel package....

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I am in the same boat here.

I fully understand, and agree with most, that this is the ....death of what was once an awesome idea that was EPCOT. It is sad, but it is what it is.

That being said, I also agree that what has to happen is a theme to these moves, not just plunking IPs where they fit to keep parks alive.

I agree with the above that he moves for DHS are in that forum, they are moving from how movies are made, or seeing behind the curtain, to instead joining or immersing yourself into the movie. I can't wait to see what SWE becomes and how immersive it will be.

I see the same for Avatar in DAK. The theme of the movie is based on conservation, which also is a theme for DAK, and living with the land, again, a DAK theme. It does fit.

I can only hope, that this move of placing GotG into FW is a move to make Futureworld something of maybe a move to space and life in that area? I don't know, this is all supposition on my part. But I am with those, if this ends up just plopping IP into here all over Epcot, then it is a huge mistake.

One other caveat to throw out there, for those who have and have not seen the movie. The main issue with this movie is the Infinity stone that is used in this movie, the Marvel world in this phase is all about the infinity stones(7 stones all focused on one main force) and the stone used in this movie was the "power stone" or energy stone. So there could actually be a tie in ....granted very loosely...... to energy and maybe looking at futuristic uses of power and to attain power. I can only hope.

I do however, think we have seen the end of WS, as it was designed, and I fear it will be an IP plop there as movies are successful or not...but again its just my guessing here.

Net, I get the angst in both sides. I get the loss of what was once an incredible world of EPCOT, but I have to hope this will be transitioning to a newer version that is melded into a new vision.

Only time will tell. I will say, if it WAS only to plop IP, I would have expected some type of Star Wars overlay first, the fact they chose GotG to me at least leans to some type of longer term theme....I hope.
How... how did you read my mind and sum up my emotions on this topic perfectly?

tl77

If it wasn't technically part of the original agreement, I would not be surprised to hear that Disney and Universal have reached a separate agreement for those characters that would also allow Universal to utilize the movie versions of the other Avengers in a different attraction. There have been strong rumors about a major addition to Super Hero Island.
Take this one step further and I doubt they would not make this move if they already did not have some conversations with Universal Comcast to make sure they are all on board with it. Would not surprise me if they even offered it to Comcast but with a much higher ticket cost on the entire Marvel package....

The San Diego Comic in 2 weeks would be a great place for this type of announcement

RSoxNo1

As it stands the Energy building will stay. With a new ride system. Wonders may not.

Energy should also have walk through areas - maybe a sit down area maybe not - plus the new ride system.
You've already said E-ticket. That building is quite large, you could probably fit Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in there so even just gutting the building gives you a really wide breath of attraction possibilities.

Genie_naughty_whispers

Walt would be severely disappointed with the direction EPCOT has been steered by current management. Capitalizing on a product is one thing, but placement of that product, in this case GOTG and FEA, was an art form Walt perfected and that is being thrown out the window because Iger just sees a quick buck. He needs to invest a little to get a lot back, instead of pawning these attractions off on EPCOT and reworking rides that are already established, use some of that 45,000 acre land to make a new park or at least expand on to Hollywood Studios and MK for these rides.

tl77

Or make them part of the railroad at MK, like at Disneyland.

The MK railroad could certainly use some scenery... and much as I liked to original Universe of Energy I always thought the "Dinosaurs" were a little out of place in "Future World", finding them a home at Animal Kingdom seems like it's about 20 year overdue ...and maybe some dragons and mythical stuff at AK too huh?

GOTG at Epcot seems like the kind of rumor they would float to see if the internet hates it or not because the are complete bankrupt of any sort of creativity or original ideas... but some kind of cool ride about "Energy" that's on par with Test Track or Soarin' shouldn't be that tough to draw up ...should it?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wow... I read what the person said as saying you aren't shy with your opinions before quite correctly pointing out that what the person in question posted was just their own opinion and not necessarily the opinion of others. If you read his post and considered it rude enough to tell him to mind his manners then re-read your own as its much ruder "realise who you're talking to" ???? he's talking to another person on the internet and voicing his opinion like anybody... there is nothing it the world that makes the other person more entitled to an opinion than him. You for instance will probably not like what I have said here and I will probably get a lot of hate for it however whilst I realise you have inside information at times... that doesn't make you more entitled to an opinion than me or anybody else.

I have been watching this board for a long time and love reading the posts but some of the stuff that gets posted comes across as quite nasty and in all honesty not in the Disney Spirit... everybody has different opinions on the state of the company and are entitled to them. Can people not just voice them in a polite manner instead of arguing and trying to come across as superior to other?
Oh dear. Do you want a "participation trophy", so everybody feels like a winner? Stop being so butt hurt. Your rant about feelings and emotions is no more in the "Disney spirit" than whatever it is you are pining about.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Walt would be severely disappointed with the direction EPCOT has been steered by current management. Capitalizing on a product is one thing, but placement of that product, in this case GOTG and FEA, was an art form Walt perfected and that is being thrown out the window because Iger just sees a quick buck. He needs to invest a little to get a lot back, instead of pawning these attractions off on EPCOT and reworking rides that are already established, use some of that 45,000 acre land to make a new park or at least expand on to Hollywood Studios and MK for these rides.
I agree, but like others have posted, EPCOT WAS a great concept and executed tremendously in the '80's and early '90's but time caught up and most of future world became past world. The unfortunate truth is that business wise, it just doesn't make sense to spend billions each decade to update attractions that will be dated within a few years.

Matthew

Said person is rude and new. I've tried the polite route several times already and it didn't work.

Fair enough.

Can i just ask and I don't want to start an argument with anybody but are new people not allowed an opinion on this because if they aren't I shall not bother posting in here again.

Surely people must get fed up of all the animosity that seems to appear just from people having different opinions on what is right for Disney and how Disney is been run??? I have browsed this board of a few years now and I see so much hate and arguing... so much so that I wonder why some people still bother talking about Disney if they dislike it so much!

I for one think that a Guardians of the Galaxy ride would be better suited to another area of Hollywood Studios one SWL and TSL are completed HOWEVER i can see the logic of Disney wanting to take advantage of its Marvel Properties and GoTG in particular due to the second film next year... out of the remaining parks then I believe that future world at Epcot is probably the best fit... providing that it is done PROPERLY and not in some half arsed way that the TOT overlay would of been. The gentleman who suggested a Zandar theme was spot on as its very futuristic and could fit nicely.

tl77

I don't think they're ready to announce Epcot yet. DCA however....

Yeah Orlando has Avatar coming soon so DCA could probably use something along the same lines and Marvel, plus San Diego is in California too ...so, why not?

Though I am kind of of curious why all of New York Street needed to be walled off at The Hollywood Studios, NYC is home to many of Marvel's characters

Matthew

Oh dear. Do you want a "participation trophy", so everybody feels like a winner? Stop being so butt hurt. Your rant about feelings and emotions is no more in the "Disney spirit" than whatever it is you are pining about.

Prime example of the rudeness I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom