Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizneycrazy09

@marni1971 It seems like the thread has (not surprisingly) turned into a debate about whether GotG should be in Epcot or not (it shouldn't) and a "death of EPCOT Center" thread. I know that nobody cares for the park as much as you, and you haven't really seemed to express the doom and gloom of Epcot like others have, and it seems like you know the most. What I'm getting at is where do you stand on all of the proposed changes? Based on what you know, what type of Epcot are we getting? Thumbs up, thumbs down, or a meh?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Not trying to be swarmy, but why?

GotG is about other life in the universe, and futuristic appeal, how does Frozen fit more into Norway than a futuristic space adventure fit in Future world?
I don't know what being swarmy is, but I trust that wasn't it.

I don't think Frozen belongs in World Showcase, but the argument I'd make for it, if I had to, is that Frozen is drawn from Scandinavian fairy tales, and is therefore representative of Norwegian culture.

As for GotG, it takes place in the present, relies on settings and technology that are in no way intended to be realistic, and isn't on our world either.

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

Dude really?... no need for that type of attitude I haven't said a bad thing about you and I am truly sorry for not realising that your 15,000 posts meant you were more entitled to comment on things than I am...

Sorry for having an opinion...

actually i'm looking at your name.. MansionButler84.. guess the 84 means a year which makes you in your 30's... grow up mate... seriously I mean "incessant whine-spree"... what because I voiced an opinion you didn't like?

but any way... tell me please... what did you think of my opinion on GotG at Epcot?

For what it's worth...and I dunno about what drama came prior to the post I'm replying to...(because I'm not in this thread to go on a scavenger hunt...)

I've fought many a bloody and savage battle on this website, in these very same forums...I've fought with some of the biggest DB's you can imagine...and I've sparred with some people who really know their crap...

I'll just say this: The number of posts that one has (and likes) tells you a LOT about what they know/don't know. And it's probably best to take your lumps and learn from it. Do this while giving respect to those who came before you or know a lot. This is unless you're like Joe Rhode or Tony Baxter in disguise (which, the odds are astronomical that this is the case).

Move on...move up...and learn something from these folks...they are a valuable resource to you. And even if you're 100% right about something (which, you may or may not be) at the end of these fights I know I usually feel like I've shown my backside and I feel bad for propagating a buncha s***.

So...lets just get back to the subject matter.

And yes. You're entitled to your opinion.For better or worse.

There. Someone with more posts than you has said it.

Have a nice day. :)

ToTBellHop

@marni1971 It seems like the thread has (not surprisingly) turned into a debate about whether GotG should be in Epcot or not (it shouldn't) and a "death of EPCOT Center" thread. I know that nobody cares for the park as much as you, and you haven't really seemed to express the doom and gloom of Epcot like others have, and it seems like you know the most. What I'm getting at is where do you stand on all of the proposed changes? Based on what you know, what type of Epcot are we getting? Thumbs up, thumbs down, or a meh?
I think the first step in seeing any positivity in all of this is to accept that EPCOT Center is dead and buried under Epcot. If you can do that, once you hear more about the GotG additions, you will at least be able to respect that it should be a good addition to the current park. Anyone who continues to harp on the fact that they are killing EPCOT Center will be unhappy with the direction the park is taking. But, it's been following this path for probably 10-15 years. This will not be the straw that broke the camel's back. The camel died in the early 2000s.

It's a matter of perspective--embrace the new park identity and possibly find enjoyment in new offerings or insist that the lack of EPCOT Center ensures that the park will be a hell-hole, and find yourself chronically depressed at its state. I'm not suggesting one perspective is better than the other--do what works for you. Although my background would suggest that the latter is more harmful to your cardiovascular health long-term.

Matthew

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You can post them here (assuming you stay within the site's terms agreement) but that doesn't mean everyone will agree with them. Part of what makes this site different from other Disney sites (and there are plenty of others to choose from) is that there is a community here that will hold Disney accountable instead of constantly gushing all the time.

Some of us have been in this community a long time. We have seen newbies come and go. New members are welcome, but like any long-standing community they should make an effort to learn the lay of the land. There are certain people here with track records of having (and sharing) inside information. These people don't wear signs around their necks so the only way to know who they are is to pay attention. If you stick around, you'll learn who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

Two posters with proven track records are Lee and marnie. So when a newbie comes in and tries to put these guys in their place, yeah, they are going to get some pushback from the community. It takes a lot to push marnie beyond cordial, so if he snaps at someone you know it is earned.

So welcome to the community. Feel free to participate. But more importantly, pay attention. You can learn a lot here.

Thank you for taking the time to write a decent reply.

Maybe new people would stick around longer if people were not rude to them and didn't judge them by their post count. I simply pointed out to this Marnie person that their post could of been construed as rude as well. when they replied i said 'fair enough' and asked a question. I also pointed out that i had seen they had inside information in the past and have since 2014 been taking a great deal of time reading this website and the boards and in particular had noticed Marnie and WDW1974 and appreciate it the information that it provides however and forgive me in advance but you are not holding Disney accountable as a community you are voicing your opinions the only people who hold Disney accountable are the shareholders.... i am well aware that Disney like any other business is not perfect however I would expect that grown adults could have more civilised discussions since there's much worse things going on in the world than the state of Disney.

So in conclusion... thank you for the welcome but I am not sure whether I will stick around yet.

Phicinfan

I don't know what being swarmy is, but I trust that wasn't it.

I don't think Frozen belongs in World Showcase, but the argument is make for it, if I had to, is that Frozen is drawn from Scandinavian fairy tales, and is therefore representative of Norwegian culture.

As for GotG, it takes place in the present, relies on settings and technology that are in no way intended to be relistic, and isn't on our world either.
okay, so the issue you have it the story is based on more present time, not future, and fantasy based, okay I can see the argument then

Thanks phoenicians

I think the first step in seeing any positivity in all of this is to accept that EPCOT Center is dead and buried under Epcot. If you can do that, once you hear more about the GotG additions, you will at least be able to respect that it should be a good addition to the current park. Anyone who continues to harp on the fact that they are killing Epcot will be unhappy with the direction the park is taking. But, it's been following this path for probably 10-15 years. This will not be the straw that broke the camel's back. The camel died in the early 2000s.

It's a matter of perspective--embrace the new park identity and possibly find enjoyment in new offerings or insist that the lack of EPCOT I Center ensures that the park will be a hell-hole, and find yourself chronically depressed at its state.
I accept that Epcot center is dead, but at this point are you hearing other additions coming to the park besides GOTG. I feel like if you add GOTG you might as well change a lot of other things in the park. GotG itself doesn't really make sense but maybe some other additions could create some kind of interesting discovery like theme

dizneycrazy09

I think the first step in seeing any positivity in all of this is to accept that EPCOT Center is dead and buried under Epcot. If you can do that, once you hear more about the GotG additions, you will at least be able to respect that it should be a good addition to the current park. Anyone who continues to harp on the fact that they are killing Epcot will be unhappy with the direction the park is taking. But, it's been following this path for probably 10-15 years. This will not be the straw that broke the camel's back. The camel died in the early 2000s.

It's a matter of perspective--embrace the new park identity and possibly find enjoyment in new offerings or insist that the lack of EPCOT Center ensures that the park will be a hell-hole, and find yourself chronically depressed at its state.

I've worn my black and mourned the death of EPCOT Center. I've become so jaded at this point that I just have to say "meh, I hope it'll be a top notch ride." It's time to accept the new Disney World or give it up altogether, and I won't do the latter.

Matthew

For what it's worth...and I dunno about what drama came prior to the post I'm replying to...(because I'm not in this thread to go on a scavenger hunt...)

I've fought many a bloody and savage battle on this website, in these very same forums...I've fought with some of the biggest DB's you can imagine...and I've sparred with some people who really know their crap...

I'll just say this: The number of posts that one has (and likes) tells you a LOT about what they know/don't know. And it's probably best to take your lumps and learn from it. Do this while giving respect to those who came before you or know a lot. This is unless you're like Joe Rhode or Tony Baxter in disguise (which, the odds are astronomical that this is the case).

Move on...move up...and learn something from these folks...they are a valuable resource to you. And even if you're 100% right about something (which, you may or may not be) at the end of these fights I know I usually feel like I've shown my backside and I feel bad for propagating a buncha s***.

So...lets just get back to the subject matter.

And yes. You're entitled to your opinion.For better or worse.

There. Someone with more posts than you has said it.

Have a nice day. :)

Thanks :) I did actually post my opinion on Epcot and GotG where i pointed out it could potentially work quite well but i would of preferred it in HS earlier which nobody who decided to jump in on me decided to comment on... but hey ho... I will fight my corner wherever i feel it is necessary... i don't care how many posts somebody has or how many likes... treat others as you want to be treated... and I voiced an opinion on something about peoples attitudes and arguing... and then i got proved right lol

Cheers anyway dude have a good one!

flynnibus

Premium Member
This predates the recent events. I guess I've been hinting at it and someone else said it outright yesterday morning.

The design and layout is still fluid. Indeed the second attraction in the Energy building may be becoming no something different or moved elsewhere.

Sure sounds like the concept phase still. How do we get from evolving concepts to 'start clearing spaces' 60days from now?

I know we've been talking about Epcot getting love for sometime... But are we really past the pitch phase yet?

ToTBellHop

I've worn my black and mourned the death of EPCOT Center. I've become so jaded at this point that I just have to say "meh, I hope it'll be a top notch ride." It's time to accept the new Disney World or give it up altogether, and I won't do the latter.
This is my feeling, too.

My problem (and I haven't been on Frozen) is that they haven't put out a particularly compelling ride in a long time. I hope my general view of the place will improve if the new attractions coming on line over the next 5 years are strong. The strongest ride in recent years is 7DMT, and even it is just "pretty good" to me. Otherwise, I haven't been truly impressed since 2006's Expedition Everest (narcoleptic yeti aside, it's a good ride). 10 years. I then think of what came to WDW in the 10 years between 1990 and 2000 and feel disgusted. Thankfully, they seem to have at LEAST gotten over their insane stinginess and have agreed to spend many billions in Florida over the next five years.

dizneycrazy09

This is my feeling, too.

My problem (and I haven't been on Frozen) is that they haven't put out a particularly compelling ride in a long time. I hope my general view of the place will improve if the new attractions coming on line over the next 5 years are strong. The strongest ride in recent years is 7DMT, and even it is just "pretty good" to me. Otherwise, I haven't been truly impressed since 2006's Expedition Everest (narcoleptic yeti aside, it's a good ride). 10 years. I then think of what came to WDW in the 10 years between 1990 and 2000 and feel disgusted. Thankfully, they seem to have at LEAST gotten over their insane stinginess and have agreed to spend many billions in Florida over the next five years.

*begrudgingly agreed :rolleyes:

ToTBellHop

Sure sounds like the concept phase still. How do we get from evolving concepts to 'start clearing spaces' 60days from now?

I know we've been talking about Epcot getting love for sometime... But are we really past the pitch phase yet?
I was misunderstanding some info when I said September. That's DCA. Oopsies, my bad.

Our GotG will take a bit longer to start. But not too much longer. It will certainly open after Toy Story Land. Maybe before Star Wars depending on how long they drag their heels on that.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thank you for taking the time to write a decent reply.

Maybe new people would stick around longer if people were not rude to them and didn't judge them by their post count. I simply pointed out to this Marnie person that their post could of been construed as rude as well. when they replied i said 'fair enough' and asked a question. I also pointed out that i had seen they had inside information in the past and have since 2014 been taking a great deal of time reading this website and the boards and in particular had noticed Marnie and WDW1974 and appreciate it the information that it provides however and forgive me in advance but you are not holding Disney accountable as a community you are voicing your opinions the only people who hold Disney accountable are the shareholders.... i am well aware that Disney like any other business is not perfect however I would expect that grown adults could have more civilised discussions since there's much worse things going on in the world than the state of Disney.

So in conclusion... thank you for the welcome but I am not sure whether I will stick around yet.
For the love of pixie dust, please stop going on about "post count" and "opinions". We get it.

Bocabear

I was misunderstanding some info when I said September. That's DCA. Oopsies, my bad.

Our GotG will take a bit longer to start. But not too much longer. It will certainly open after Toy Story Land. Maybe before Star Wars depending on how long they drag their heels on that.
So Sometime after 2022 or so...

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Thanks :) I did actually post my opinion on Epcot and GotG where i pointed out it could potentially work quite well but i would of preferred it in HS earlier which nobody who decided to jump in on me decided to comment on... but hey ho... I will fight my corner wherever i feel it is necessary... i don't care how many posts somebody has or how many likes... treat others as you want to be treated... and I voiced an opinion on something about peoples attitudes and arguing... and then i got proved right lol

Cheers anyway dude have a good one!
You don't care about how many posts someone has? Then why do you mention that in EVERY FREAKIN POST???

I didn't realize people could repeatedly and obnoxiously harp on something that they "don't care" about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom