Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nor'easter

I have been watching this board for a long time and love reading the posts but some of the stuff that gets posted comes across as quite nasty and in all honesty not in the Disney Spirit...

The "Disney Spirit"? What is that? MAGICAL pixie dust and fairies and mommy bloggers and "Disney is a business" (now akin to Walmart) and can do no wrong, despite price gouging and destroying their top notch parks with maintenance cutbacks, neglect, and placement of attractions with no regard to a park's history and purpose? You want a real Disney Spirit? Read WDW1974's posts.

Matthew

The "Disney Spirit"? What is that? MAGICAL pixie dust and fairies and mommy bloggers and "Disney is a business" (now akin to Walmart) and can do no wrong, despite price gouging and destroying their top notch parks with maintenance cutbacks, neglect, and placement of attractions with no regard to a park's history and purpose? You want a real Disney Spirit? Read WDW74's posts.

No the Disney spirit is what most visitors to the theme parks feel when they go there...

MrHappy

In what way could Guardians possibly enhance the theme of Epcot? They need to establish an official "direction" to this park before they start throwing in random IP's that don't fit the existing park's theme. Where has the coherency gone?!?!?
It's semantics I guess, but I've only seen the movie once, a few years ago. Is the movie in a fantasy-type genre, or is future? The future-theme would make for an easier transition to Epcot, but even if 'fantasy' the film still have a look of what the future can be. I'm going to trust Diz on this to find the right way to bring 'real' future aspects out of the film and present somewhat educationally to fit Epcot. Maybe the future of flight or still can be energy related as well. I think it will be impressive visually, the plots are enormous.

Seabasealpha1

I'm not gonna really get into whether I'm for or against this whole GOTG thing...my real, honest to God questions are about the OVERALL picture...

WHAT is EPCOT gonna be about? WHAT is the direction they're going in? IS it cohesive? Are they looking to still teach us something or is this park gonna be about shoehorning as much crap into a park ala Hollywood studios?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm not gonna really get into whether I'm for or against this whole GOTG thing...my real, honest to God questions are about the OVERALL picture...

WHAT is EPCOT gonna be about? WHAT is the direction they're going in? IS it cohesive? Are they looking to still teach us something or is this park gonna be about shoehorning as much crap into a park ala Hollywood studios?

I feel like Future World is on the brink of a total re-invention. I think the Land & Sea will still cater to the "education" side of EPCOT and the Energy/Wonder/Motion (Test Track) side will become more of the "thrill" ride/IP based side of Future World. World Showcase will & should remain the same (unless they are feeling froggy and want to add a ride in the empty plot).
One concern of mine is that Living with the Land will eventually be closed along with the research lab. I really hope this stays put not because of the ride itself but for the awesome work being done there. This I feel will be the key to continuing to educate the youth.

ctxak98

This is awful. I have nothing against a Gaurdians of the Galaxy attraction (at the studios) but this is just awful placement.

Disney knows they could be doing better but this is what they come up with. If this becomes just an adventure through the movie and not a lick about something important to do with energy or natural resources or something, Epcot will be gone.

I know that sounds drastic but Epcot has to function as one whole and even with now 3 out of place attractions IMO, it's become more of a mess. The parks are becoming less and less unique.

It really is IPCOT.....so sad

zooey

Disney is no longer looking at their parks as specific ideas fulfilled by its lands and is only looking at the lands themselves, and they're looking at them broadly at that. Under this paradigm Future World and Tomorrowland are essentially the same thing and could have the same types of attractions. World Showcase and Fantasyland are also the same thing (they both feature fairy tales from other countries!).
The entrance corridors are really going to do all the work setting a tone but the rest of the park does not have to fit inside that tone or theme or idea any longer. It's anything goes. That's how you know execs are really running the show. Creatives would wait for the right idea, not just shoehorn.

bunnyman

Quite frankly EPCOT went off direction the day it opened and it wasn't really the EPCOT that Walt envisioned. I'm all for repurposing empty or shuttered attractions into something else.

Matthew

Sorry, I missed you opinion on GotG at Epcot during your incessant whine-spree over the behavior of long-time members.

Dude really?... no need for that type of attitude I haven't said a bad thing about you and I am truly sorry for not realising that your 15,000 posts meant you were more entitled to comment on things than I am...

Sorry for having an opinion...

actually i'm looking at your name.. MansionButler84.. guess the 84 means a year which makes you in your 30's... grow up mate... seriously I mean "incessant whine-spree"... what because I voiced an opinion you didn't like?

but any way... tell me please... what did you think of my opinion on GotG at Epcot?

ctxak98

Yes. This. It's not going to be like Epcot anymore.

More like....that park with the giant golf ball, and those major hit movie attractions. Oh and some countries.

It's just not going to have a rhyme or reason I feel. But I guess I should wait and see before hardcore judging.

lebeau

again... am i not entitled to an opinion? or do i need over 5000 posts to be allowed one?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You can post them here (assuming you stay within the site's terms agreement) but that doesn't mean everyone will agree with them. Part of what makes this site different from other Disney sites (and there are plenty of others to choose from) is that there is a community here that will hold Disney accountable instead of constantly gushing about everything.

Some of us have been in this community a long time. We have seen newbies come and go. New members are welcome, but like any long-standing community they should make an effort to learn the lay of the land. There are certain people here with track records of having (and sharing) inside information. These people don't wear signs around their necks so the only way to know who they are is to pay attention. If you stick around, you'll learn who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

Two posters with proven track records are Lee and marni. So when a newbie comes in and tries to put these guys in their place, yeah, they are going to get some pushback from the community. It takes a lot to push marni beyond cordial, so if he snaps at someone you know it is earned.

So welcome to the community. Feel free to participate. But more importantly, pay attention. You can learn a lot here.

Last edited:

MrHappy

It's semantics I guess, but I've only seen the movie once, a few years ago. Is the movie in a fantasy-type genre, or is future? The future-theme would make for an easier transition to Epcot, but even if 'fantasy' the film still have a look of what the future can be. I'm going to trust Diz on this to find the right way to bring 'real' future aspects out of the film and present somewhat educationally to fit Epcot. Maybe the future of flight or still can be energy related as well. I think it will be impressive visually, the plots are enormous.
I'm sure you all did - but ignore my post. I just recalled the crazy raccoon, the person tree thing, and all the other clearly fantastical stuff in the film. But at the same time, fictional characters are welcome at Future World as long as the topic is rooted in one of Epcot's core theme's.

Matthew

Perhaps you should spend a little time here before you start criticizing our more respected (for good reason) members.

which part was criticising? the arguments over a opinions that turns nasty at times? again... I didn't realise post count had a bearing on been able to join in discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom