Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Name

The fact that Marni said this ride was briefly being considered for the GMR replacement almost proves that it will have little to no ties to Future World. I'm realisticaly hoping that the queue and pavillion will have to do with the bright future of energy, and the ride will in some way showcase science-fiction energy. Science-fiction is just a very distant future, amiright?

Basically, I'm realistically hoping the pavillion will have as much to do with energy as The Seas has to do with the seas. But I fear that it'll just be a regular Guardians of the Galaxy ride, stuck in Epcot for no other reason than the fact that the park could use something new and Energy needs a replacement.

I fear that this will be a dahlia growing in the field of tulips called Epcot. A dahlia that'll be noticed by us and regular guests alike. It may be a very beautiful one, but it won't look nice with the tulips. I suppose they solve that problem by taking out the tulips and changing the whole field to dahlias, but they already have a field of dahlias called DHS, and a "variety field" called Magic Kingdom.

If I were limited to four fields of flowers, I would not have two fields of the same type, no matter how much I love them or how much they wow my friends. Because after wandering through the first field, the second would not feel much different.

tl;dr: the field of passion flowers is called DAK.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

It's something I've thought about from what I know (I may have even started the rumour) but have no official word of.

This tidbit intrigues me. Does this mean there is/was talk at some point of a more "organic" attraction being built that isn't attached to an IP? Follow up: was the coaster idea for UoE something that had been kicked around before Guardians, and then they stuck GotG on it because Iger/Chapek want IPs everywhere and ToT had been ruled out?

Of course, if GotG doesn't go into Epcot, I can only imagine that means it would go back to DHS to ruin Tower of Terror eventually.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This tidbit intrigues me. Does this mean there is/was talk at some point of a more "organic" attraction being built that isn't attached to an IP? Follow up: was the coaster idea for UoE something that had been kicked around before Guardians, and then they stuck GotG on it because Iger/Chapek want IPs everywhere and ToT had been ruled out?

Of course, if GotG doesn't go into Epcot, I can only imagine that means it would go back to DHS to ruin Tower of Terror eventually.
Not really.

It's a debate if this ride will be GotG without actually being called GotG. Still seems to be a gray area.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Not really.

It's a debate if this ride will be GotG without actually being called GotG. Still seems to be a gray area.
"Escape From Knowhere" even sounds bland without the "Guardians of the Galaxy" prefix. Though, I am definitely glad they can't call it "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy's Escape From Knowhere". And the idea of "Escape From Knowhere" is just a placeholder til we have a better idea of what we're dealing with here.

I still like to theorize that Disney's use of the GoTG meet-and-greet characters are legally the same as party princesses...

Next Big Thing

Can they not use the Guardians of the Galaxy name either? Can they use the names of any characters?
Once the GotG join the Avengers in Infinity War, it has a direct effect on the contract as the Guardians will be a part of The Avenger family at that point.

Right now I believe they are free to use them, but after that, no deal. And the ride won't even open until the movie comes out.

Is this supposed to be a legit roller coaster like Aerosmith and EE? Or more like 7 Dwarves?
Sounds legit and will include a backwards launch.

RSoxNo1

Did you guys know that Tom Corless broke the story about Guardians of the Galaxy taking over DCA's Tower of Terror?
Corless.jpg

Then on Twitter...
Corless2.jpg

UPDATE: You are blocked from following @ and viewing @'s Tweets.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Once the GotG join the Avengers in Infinity War, it has a direct effect on the contract as the Guardians will be a part of The Avenger family at that point.

Right now I believe they are free to use them, but after that, no deal. And the ride won't even open until the movie comes out.

Sounds legit and will include a backwards launch.
How many times do we have to debunk this. GotG will not be non-accessible once the movie comes out. It soley has to do with what properties Universal is currently using and direct ties, fact is post comics most superhero's would be out if you eliminate any tie in

Next Big Thing

How many times do we have to debunk this. GotG will not be non-accessible once the movie comes out. It soley has to do with what properties Universal is currently using and direct ties, fact is post comics most superhero's would be out if you eliminate any tie in
It's not about any tie in, the contract is specifically about being a part of the Aveneger FAMILY... which the GotG will have joined with the whole infinity stone plot.

Matt_Black

It's not about any tie in, the contract is specifically about being a part of the Aveneger FAMILY... which the GotG will have joined with the whole infinity stone plot.

In that case they already would have been disqualified, because they've had several appearances in Avengers cartoons, and appearing in several stories with the Avengers in the comics before then.

Phicinfan

no, it isn't, as been pointed out many, many times. Its about what characters that were and or are being used by Universal and THOSE character's direct tie ins, a run in in a movie with them doesn't amount to the same thing.

Again, folks, its time to look at reality, if they could only use something for a short time, they would not be this far along building a whole new ride for it(granted new ride in an existing one).

We need to stop being armchair lawyers around here

Phicinfan

In that case they already would have been disqualified, because they've had several appearances in Avengers cartoons, and appearing in several stories with the Avengers in the comics before then.
Stop using logic, they don't want that in this argument ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom