Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioriz

The name really should enter into it from a legal standpoint, it's the use of the characters that is in the licensing agreement, not their names.
Yeah what I get from his post is that A. Guardians may not be plastered on the Marquee...and B. it may not include any of the Guardians...only C. Characters associated with them like....The Collector

RSoxNo1

What about a Howard the Duck ride?
http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/02/s6_marvel/
SATSIX_howardtheduck-700x466.jpg

Next Big Thing

They can't use the name "Marvel" and if they aren't going to use the Guardians name, or any of the major characters, what's the point?
Just to say they did it. That's all Chapek wants is to get his way.

Imagine the ride being called "Adventure Thru Outer Space", Chris Pratt hosting the preshow... as Chris Pratt. A fairly generically themed ride that plays the songs on the Awesome Mixtape (but doesn't mention the awesome mixtape), and empties into a gift shop filled with GotG goodies (since they can sell Marvel merch).

Ta da! WDW kinda, sorta, (not really) built a Marvel attraction!

Mike S

Did you guys know that Tom Corless broke the story about Guardians of the Galaxy taking over DCA's Tower of Terror?View attachment 157080

Then on Twitter...
View attachment 157081

UPDATE: You are blocked from following @***** and viewing @*****'s Tweets.
Flawless.gif

fatality.gif

Some people just don't want Marvel in the parks, and the contract is their best hope. A few years ago people said we wouldn't see Big Hero 6 in WDW because of the contract.
It's not that I don't want it, I just don't trust current Disney management with it. It's been how long now since they got Marvel? All they have to show for it so far is Stark Tours in Hong Kong and Guardians of the Tower in Anaheim.

Whoopdy-frickin-do :rolleyes:

Not to mention if they ever took the rights in Florida we lose Spider-Man.

No thank you :happy:
The exclusivity with Universal only applies east of the Mississippi.
The use of the name "Marvel" however applies all over the US which is why the DL exhibit was called "Super Hero HQ" and not "Marvel HQ."

alphac2005

Even with how PC Disney tries to be, the stretch that Ellen's tweet was racist is laughable. There was no intent there. If Bolt was offended by it, I'm guessing Ellen would have apologized but the intent was certainly not there. That alone isn't reason enough to close an attraction that already has Michael Richards in it.

No kidding. Certain people that jump on the everything's racist bandwagon need to look at themselves in the mirror because they're so obsessed with the matter. The point was simple, the dude is the fast person on the planet, and his speed is amazing. He could be green, white, purple, black, or whatever for I care. The intent was obviously not what the Internet whiners made it out to be. Ugh. Sometimes you really wonder if we're in this endless spiral of stupidity. ;)

RoysCabin

They can't use the name "Marvel" and if they aren't going to use the Guardians name, or any of the major characters, what's the point?

I was just about to ask that. I can't imagine Disney is doing all this planning without covering all their legal bases; it MUST be far along and have already had a lot of money sunk into it if we're talking about it at the level that's being implied by our insiders.

I know there's been lots of armchair lawyer talk around concerning the Disney/Marvel/Universal business, but no matter what people believe I can't bring myself to think Disney would just drain money away without sound knowledge that they could pull this off. If they wind up in this weird grey area where they don't call it Guardians and just hint at it, then yeah, what does that accomplish?

No kidding. Certain people that jump on the everything's racist bandwagon need to look at themselves in the mirror because they're so obsessed with the matter. The point was simple, the dude is the fast person on the planet, and his speed is amazing. He could be green, white, purple, black, or whatever for I care. The intent was obviously not what the Internet whiners made it out to be. Ugh. Sometimes you really wonder if we're in this endless spiral of stupidity. ;)

That's a really uncomfortable accusation to be making, really, and maybe not for most of us to judge. Maybe we all need to back off on judging large numbers of people, particularly based on small numbers of Twitter users we disagree with.

Next Big Thing

They have for special events...
And you don't think it's just a little weird that the characters that they are clamoring to get into the park have only ever appeared TWO TIMES at WDW?

There's obviously some reason why they haven't appeared on a daily basis yet.

asianway

And you don't think it's just a little weird that the characters that they are clamoring to get into the park have only ever appeared TWO TIMES at WDW?

3, but Im not counting. And you bring up a good point, at least having Star Lord would be fairly easy to have him in Tomorrowland - they have enough guys who could do the role.

Matt_Black

well thats stupid.

To be fair, Marvel made MANY stupid decisions in the 90s, including distributing their own comics and letting Rob Liefeld write & draw Captain America.

There are a lot of popular characters that don't appear on a daily basis. A Han Solo meet & greet would be hugely popular, I'd wager. Is there some sort of conspiracy afoot about that?

Next Big Thing

There are a lot of popular characters that don't appear on a daily basis. A Han Solo meet & greet would be hugely popular, I'd wager. Is there some sort of conspiracy afoot about that?
Never, not even during SWW, has there been a paid cosplayer to portray Han Solo at WDW. I believe much of that goes back to Harrison Ford if i'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom