News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mikey73181

Wow, I'm really surprised they even keep the building. The whole thing is literally ALL gutted but the outer walls. Man this one hurts...

Isn’t it cheaper to keep pRt of the building, than tear it all down and have to start from scratch. Similar to what they did with two walls of 20,000 Leages Under the sea using them for Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom??

Disstevefan1

I totally agree that UOE/Ellen did need a change. I got a twinge of sadness to see the photos, like I felt when I saw the Horizons demolition.

For me, this change is still OK as I love coasters and cant wait to ride it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Every decision being made for this park just feels so wrong. I wonder how those who helped design and build Epcot Center feel about the new direction the Bobs are taking the park. It's a real shame the people in charge of making these decisions for the park, don't care one bit to even try and honor the park's original mission statement. Today's society could sure use a huge shot of Epcot Center unity and inspiration. The mural at the entrance of SSE is so powerful, but how long before it's gone too.
View attachment 314979

A mural?! That's worse than SCREENZ! If it doesn't have AAs, it's worthless.

WDWFREAK53

That star thing in front looks like what's being built on the side of the gravity building. Look at the recent photos.

To me it appears that the large "star thing" is where the original signage was. (I believe that's one of the NovaCorps ships).

The gravity building front wall looks to be moved further back so that the extensions of the "ribs" will act as a canopy. (Basically the footprint of the building remains but the inside of the building got smaller)

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 94

MickeyMinnieMom

Looks as though it is going to retain a good amount of the original exterior.
As for the interior, well... It's going to be an entirely different ride - I wouldn't expect any of the interior to be retained.
I also do not get comparisons to existing coasters, when this ride hasn't even been built yet.
We have so little idea of what the entire experience will be.
I'm sensitive to the fact that the mere picture or discussion of this attraction makes people nauseous around here and I respect that. I understand the discussion points about this attraction and how it doesn't belong in Epcot.

However, excuse me for being giddy for one moment. I think this picture looks so cool! I actually can't wait for this to be completed.
With that being said, I'll reserve my judgement till it's complete. If it is a half a--ed attraction, I will then pick up my pitchfork and torch with the rest of you! I think Epcot has been in need of a dire attraction for so long, that I'm willing to accept it, if it is a quality attraction.
Fingers crossed!!!
This is my thinking. I can't even remember the last time we set foot in there, and I'm looking forward to something new. I give Disney the benefit of the doubt on new attractions at this stage. I absolutely DESPISE the movie Avatar -- but Pandora and FoP are amazing IMO. Fingers crossed.

smile

Yea, it sure is dead. I think calling it Epcot is a blasphemy, to be honest.

a husk, marionetted via kiosks and alcohol...
it is, however, a bright shining example of the cynicism that crushed it's intention, but i'm not sure that's why people go there... tho it may be a reason they don't ;)

round-and-round, yet going nowhere... or worse (tho with each passing day that becomes immaterial, imo)
... imagine what little over half a billion dollars could have done
:mad:

tda had the sense to send wdi back to the drawing board when presented with an attraction not unlike this one, yet it will save fw? not nearly.

Last edited:

smile

Instead they spent $2 billion on an RFID bracelet and a ride-rationing system.

well, that too :p

ideally, all guests worldwide would be embedded with chips upon entrance, so that's nice :cautious:
perks, yes, but billions? how's that price/perform, bob? just don't punish guests for it, ami folks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom