News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

brb1006

How bought streets of america? or 20,000 leagues or For me Dueling dragons?
Horizons is more gut punching compared to Streets of America and Dueling Dragons. Horizons was the crown jewel for an Epcot attraction and Disney Imagineering as a whole. I could go into details but check out Martin's latest tribute to the attraction to see how amazingly designed the attraction was.
tumblr_mu01xehyz31suq690o8_1280_20131010_1576836154.jpg

horizons4_20120731_1819962080.jpg

hae330123LARGE.jpg

Even the exit was beautifully designed.
2771867649_189809cc16_o_20140923_1019809145.jpg

I don't think we will ever see an attraction like this ever again. There's a reason why people say "The closing of Horizons was the final nail in the coffin for Classic Epcot/Epcot Center". Horizons was the true heart of classic Epcot.

Phil12

Horizons is more gut punching compared to Streets of America and Dueling Dragons. Horizons was the crown jewel for an Epcot attraction and Disney Imagineering as a whole. I could go into details but check out Martin's latest tribute to the attraction to see how amazingly designed the attraction was.
tumblr_mu01xehyz31suq690o8_1280_20131010_1576836154.jpg

horizons4_20120731_1819962080.jpg

hae330123LARGE.jpg

Even the exit was beautifully designed.
2771867649_189809cc16_o_20140923_1019809145.jpg

I don't think we will ever see an attraction like this ever again. There's a reason why people say "The closing of Horizons was the final nail in the coffin for Classic Epcot/Epcot Center". Horizons was the true heart of classic Epcot.
In reality, Horizons was rather boring and that's why it only had an 11 year run before it was closed. GE dropped their sponsorship because it was obvious that Disney had placed too many omnimover rides in close proximity to one another in EPCOT. And, of course, it was a borefest.

Communicore

It looks like the front will actually be extended a bit and added onto from how I see the concept pic?? Seeing all this though really makes me cringe like horizons did. I have pretty much given up on both management and WDI. Especially after seeing how circle of life is now a sales pitch area, really? Imagineering is dead, epcot is dead. At least as how it all once was. And Chapek can go...well I cant say such things here.
Yea, it sure is dead. I think calling it Epcot is a blasphemy, to be honest.

P_Radden

Yea, it sure is dead. I think calling it Epcot is a blasphemy, to be honest.
Every decision being made for this park just feels so wrong. I wonder how those who helped design and build Epcot Center feel about the new direction the Bobs are taking the park. It's a real shame the people in charge of making these decisions for the park, don't care one bit to even try and honor the park's original mission statement. Today's society could sure use a huge shot of Epcot Center unity and inspiration. The mural at the entrance of SSE is so powerful, but how long before it's gone too.
20180827_173028.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
In reality, Horizons was rather boring and that's why it only had an 11 year run before it was closed. GE dropped their sponsorship because it was obvious that Disney had placed too many omnimover rides in close proximity to one another in EPCOT. And, of course, it was a borefest.
This is an opinion board, so like you, I am entitled to my opinion as well. Your opinion is wrong.... that's my opinion ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom