News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Winter

To be fair, they needed to do this. I heard from a bus driver that the foundation for the roller coaster building turns out to be damaged, and as a result, the Groot Animatronic will be unable to move unless they do major fixes to the foundation, including remvoing almost the entire building to remove the Groot Animatronic. Because of this and the James Gunn stuff, the ride has been delayed for 5 years. So that the area doesn't have to go unused for so long, Disney has decided to opne up the old Energy Pavillion as a pavillion themed on construction and demolition, which shows how building and demolition is, using the energy and roller coaster buildings as examples.

The pavillion is complete, and this is exactly how the interior and exterior are going to look like for it. It opens in one week.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Um, I thought they were keeping the building!!!!
They are, just not the front.

The amount removed has been done to allow it to ultimately look like this
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_30574.jpg

Incomudro

Looks as though it is going to retain a good amount of the original exterior.
As for the interior, well... It's going to be an entirely different ride - I wouldn't expect any of the interior to be retained.
I also do not get comparisons to existing coasters, when this ride hasn't even been built yet.
We have so little idea of what the entire experience will be.

Skibum1970

To be fair, they needed to do this. I heard from a bus driver that the foundation for the roller coaster building turns out to be damaged, and as a result, the Groot Animatronic will be unable to move unless they do major fixes to the foundation, including remvoing almost the entire building to remove the Groot Animatronic. Because of this and the James Gunn stuff, the ride has been delayed for 5 years. So that the area doesn't have to go unused for so long, Disney has decided to opne up the old Energy Pavillion as a pavillion themed on construction and demolition, which shows how building and demolition is, using the energy and roller coaster buildings as examples.

The pavillion is complete, and this is exactly how the interior and exterior are going to look like for it. It opens in one week.

And will feature food and wine from other galaxies.

MagicJack78

They are, just not the front.

The amount removed has been done to allow it to ultimately look like this
View attachment 314854
I'm sensitive to the fact that the mere picture or discussion of this attraction makes people nauseous around here and I respect that. I understand the discussion points about this attraction and how it doesn't belong in Epcot.

However, excuse me for being giddy for one moment. I think this picture looks so cool! I actually can't wait for this to be completed.
With that being said, I'll reserve my judgement till it's complete. If it is a half a--ed attraction, I will then pick up my pitchfork and torch with the rest of you! I think Epcot has been in dire need of an attraction for so long, that I'm willing to accept it, if it is a quality attraction.
Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:

eddie104

Looks as though it is going to retain a good amount of the original exterior.
As for the interior, well... It's going to be an entirely different ride - I wouldn't expect any of the interior to be retained.
I also do not get comparisons to existing coasters, when this ride hasn't even been built yet.
We have so little idea of what the entire experience will be.
Exactly considering this ride is not some random amusement park coaster but something of an entire experience with some really good effects hopefully.

smile

This sadly looks familiar.
Horizons_Full_775.jpg

what always got me was how tone deaf and callous the company was with her :mad:
granted, fans had been groomed for that day, and by then it was definitely a mercy killing, but c'mon

if anybody back then had the gaul to have gone an inch or two further and turned it into an upcharge event, they'd most likely be running walt disney parks, experiences and consumer products by now :p

"hey everybody, we're tearing down this old stupid thing so the future can come!" :rolleyes:
iirc, wasn't that the official ec tag for as long as until it became obvious it was a lie? ... harsh, yes, but so were they - out of sight and all that..... still are

however, let's not forget those affected can take solace knowing the rising ghost of that very demo came back to haunt the site ;)

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Well yeah the Horizons destruction has to go down as one of the most painful demos of all time.

From UOE to Horizons to WOM, some of the most innovative and creative ideas and attractions thrown away like trash.

15 years from now, when no body gives a crap about GOTG, and they re-theme it to some other nonsense no one will shed a tear for it going away.

Give the rubes their high priced cupcakes and purple selfie wall, and hope that they will never know or wonder what the real innovation and creativity that created the parks was.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

It looks like the front will actually be extended a bit and added onto from how I see the concept pic?? Seeing all this though really makes me cringe like horizons did. I have pretty much given up on both management and WDI. Especially after seeing how circle of life is now a sales pitch area, really? Imagineering is dead, epcot is dead. At least as how it all once was. And Chapek can go...well I cant say such things here.

Last edited:

THE Monorail Lime

From UOE to Horizons to WOM, some of the most innovative and creative ideas and attractions thrown away like trash.

15 years from now, when no body gives a crap about GOTG, and they re-theme it to some other nonsense no one will shed a tear for it going away.

Give the rubes their high priced cupcakes and purple selfie wall, and hope that they will never know or wonder what the real innovation and creativity that created the parks was.
SURE, WOM IS BETTER THAN TEST TRACK..........................

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom