News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

Wasn't the preshow area just a wide open carpeted space with row of screens? Or am I missing something here?
It's the fact the literal everything is gone. Nothing is there. Just a bare warehouse now.
I don’t often swear but I just did.

And I know how the new inside will be laid out too. What a waste. An absolute waste of something that could have been amazing again.
Any AA's? Just screens? Is there anything to look forward to in the worlds largest queue building?

Biff215

Wow. I had no huge emotional connection to UoE as I only remember the latest version so I felt a replacement was long overdue. But even I can see what a massive waste of valuable space this is. I think GotG is misplaced at Epcot but I had moved on. Now to see the former UoE building gutted for only a queue and preshow is a huge disappointment, especially with WoL sitting next door mostly unused. Is there queue/preshow space elsewhere that even gets close to this size?

Again, UoE needed a replacement IMO, but we could have had an attraction in there in addition to GotG. Unless they’re admitting that the capacity of the new ride is so pitiful to warrant this, it might become the next Dueling Dragons queue that guests run right through. Oh never mind, FP+ will ensure a solid 120 minute wait, what was I thinking?

It’s almost like WDI admitted that they couldn’t build another large scale dark ride, so instead they just sacrificed the UoE building for GotG so they didn’t even have to try. Very sad.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In reality, Horizons was rather boring and that's why it only had an 11 year run before it was closed. GE dropped their sponsorship because it was obvious that Disney had placed too many omnimover rides in close proximity to one another in EPCOT. And, of course, it was a borefest.

ban?

GE pulling out had nothing to do with the quality of the attraction, it was like all of the other sponsors that pulled out...times and marketing opportunities changed.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

RequiredExcellentDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just don't see how gutting that is a "waste".
It was just a big, empty, carpeted room. There's barely anything there to gut.
I see what you’re thinking. Not trying to be rude, but do you realise that photo shows the rear wall of the actual pavilion, not the preshow area? As in there is nothing left from where the sliding doors used to be all the way to the back of the building?

Bairstow

I see what you’re thinking. Not trying to be rude, but do you realise that photo shows the rear wall of the actual pavilion, not the preshow area? As in there is nothing left from where the sliding doors used to be all the way to the back of the building?
Yeah, but again, I don't see how any of the preexisting sets or facilities of the Energy building would have been useful for this particular attraction. Other than the dinosaur rockwork, most of this building was a flat, concrete floor with a turntable anyway. I thought it was a given that they were going to reduce it to a blank slate.

capsshield

I've always thought the size of the ride vehicles made the ride way to long with a movie on both ends of the ride. I would have preferred an omni-mover without the movies and 3 or 4 times the amount of dinosaurs. Imagine if the whole 30-40 minutes was spent viewing the dinosaurs, wow. As it was many people fell asleep on the ride myself and my wife included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom