Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

FigmentJedi

Not if Warner Bros & Legendary has a say in it...
godzilla-vs-king-kong-fan-poster.jpg

Bob Iger: Get me Godzilla!
Intern: He's not available.
Bob Iger: Then get me Gamera!

Admiral01

Premium Member
They definitely need a ride on the other side of World Showcase. Somewhere in the France/Morocco/Japan area would be ideal. I'd actually be fine with Ratatouille there, given that it is actually set in France but I understand opinions vary about such things. (I'd prefer a Japan bullet train/Mt Fugi type ride all things being equal.)

A ride would be nice, but not at the expense of Impressions de France. Whatever they do on that side of World Showcase needs to not interfere with one of the most wonderful attractions among all the Disney parks.

ToTBellHop

Now we just need the fireworks audio turned back on in Gran Fiesta. Silent pyro is very odd.
I was wondering if that was by design.

Side note: anyone else notice that a good number of the audio segments in Journey Into Imagination don't work? I feel like I remember some of the lines being faint a few years back and now they are completely missing. I assume the speakers were failing and just weren't replaced but the effect is that it's really difficult to follow the "story".

OvertheHorizon

I have a book about Epcot published in 1982. It describes "future" attractions for Germany (a boat ride), Japan (a show with AA and a revolving theater like Carousel of Progress) and the UK pavilion (a "music hall" style show). It also mentions future countries that were never added.

Figments Friend

Had to add that i am very pleased to finally see these figures installed.
It's been a long time it seems, but it's finally happened.

Seeing AAs taking the place of a giant video screen is a beautiful thing to see.
No, a wonderful thing.
A really wonderful thing.
Quite happy to see this.

The needle on the 'hope for Epcot' meter just twitched....
This is a good thing.

:)

-

DisneyGentleman

That's how it originally played out in the Mickey Mouse Revue. They would disappear and reappear around the stage to the sound of gunshots being fired. I don't see that being practical in a dark ride setting, though. Not to mention the fact that they've replaced Jose's guns with toy guns instead.
And given that it is not the 1970s, the sound of gunshots has long lost any "cuteness" factor. I think the toy guns are a tasteful upgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom