Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I know. a lot of updates are are like what they recently did to Star Tours where they basically turned the ride into a movie trailer. It's grea to see updates like the ones they did to this and the Little Mermaid that exist for nothing more other than quality improvement.

They turned star tours into a movie trailer? I thought they just added a new scene or two?

Donaldfan1934

They turned star tours into a movie trailer? I thought they just added a new scene or two?
Well, they reset the ride so that people would 100% have to get those scenes. And the ride takes place between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. I know that there are other chronological inaccuracies, but those are minor compared to this. According to the rides time period, Finn and BB-8 shouldn't even be born/built.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I guess the word is out, the ride currently has a 10-20min wait.

Attachments

• 20151205_150134.jpg
    20151205_150134.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 116

Donaldfan1934

Aa very well-done, small plussing of the attraction.
This type of upgrade used happen quite regularly around property.
It's a shame they've done so little as of late, that this is worth a 6-page thread.
Let's hope they spread the love around to other needed attractions.
While I agree with you that this doesn't happen anywhere near as much as it should, this is a complete change of the look, feel and quailty of the scene. I think a minor update would be more along the lines of a lighting upgrade or a paint job that changes the color somewhat.

Goofyernmost

Man why do fog effects always end up getting killed in every attraction? Such an easy thing to add atmosphere.
Probably because it also adds moisture to a seriously under ventilated area (to open air and sunshine) creating mold and mildew which cause many people problems with respiration. Now, that said, don't ask me how previous generations were able to muscle through such events with no ill affect, but, that was then, this is now. If someone has a problem after riding the ride, you just know they are going to blame it on something Disney did. Just a thought, I don't know that as fact, but, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

wdwgreek

could be the new big sign out front drawing more people in as well
Very true, a good percentage of people never venture into the Pyramid and a good chunk less make there way to the queue. Maybe some of those Agent P kids will stop standing around the ramp and parrot and disperse into the attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Probably because it also adds moisture to a seriously under ventilated area (to open air and sunshine) creating mold and mildew which cause many people problems with respiration.
If I may, the entry tunnel mist was turned off for Gran Fiesta so not to obscure the first projection screen. In El Rio to was used to mysteriously reveal the peppers ghost statue effect where the screen now stands. Several types of "smoke" effects are used in the parks, misers (or misters) can use water to produce a fine mist, and yes they can play havoc with ride control and detection systems. As Everest and Spaceship have found out. Pirates uses the more traditional heated smoke fluid system that's not moisture based.

Chris82

Just out of curiosity, did the animatronics perform the same song in the Mickey Mouse Revue? Maybe they were able to save substantial time by preserving original programming?

DisneyGentleman

We've heard that Tom Fitzgerald is being hamstrung in what he can do in the park. I wonder if this is the extent of the type of stuff he's going to be able to do.
Well, I've griped a lot around here, but this one is worth a hearty "bravo". As always, it's the details that matter. It does not take a huge budget to do these changes that mean everything to the fans.

Goofyernmost

If I may, the entry tunnel mist was turned off for Gran Fiesta so not to obscure the first projection screen. In El Rio to was used to mysteriously reveal the peppers ghost statue effect where the screen now stands. Several types of "smoke" effects are used in the parks, misers (or misters) can use water to produce a fine mist, and yes they can play havoc with ride control and detection systems. As Everest and Spaceship have found out. Pirates uses the more traditional heated smoke fluid system that's not moisture based.
Thank you for that information. That has never been presented in the past. It helps to know why these things happen, especially if it isn't just because Disney is too cheap to operate them. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom