Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

Chris82

Go to the 5:27 Mark to see them...They sing pretty fast...

Oh wow, that's neat to see. Thanks for posting it! Those animatronics look very different to me - it sort of sounded at first like they just did a quick reinstall of existing figures, but these guys look to have been substantially overhauled. No more blazing guns, better faces, general cleaned up movement. Or am I wrong?

Also, what's with Donald's voice in the MMR? lol

RSoxNo1

Well, I've griped a lot around here, but this one is worth a hearty "bravo". As always, it's the details that matter. It does not take a huge budget to do these changes that mean everything to the fans.
Well the info from Jim Hill was that these have been sitting back stage for a while and Disney wouldn't spend the money to install them because it wouldn't move the needle.

Yes, this is an improvement, but it's an improvement to an attraction that has already been infused with characters. We don't complain about this one as much because they're classic characters, but it still doesn't fit as well as El Rio Del Tiempo did.

Kman101

Well the info from Jim Hill was that these have been sitting back stage for a while and Disney wouldn't spend the money to install them because it wouldn't move the needle.

Yes, this is an improvement, but it's an improvement to an attraction that has already been infused with characters. We don't complain about this one as much because they're classic characters, but it still doesn't fit as well as El Rio Del Tiempo did.

And? We can't appreciate they put them in? Most of us have said it's been nearly a decade. Little things add up. And no, the attraction never needed characters to begin with but they're here to stay so ... do we keep beating a dead horse or do we appreciate they did something they never really "needed" to do?

Chris82

For me personally, I'm bothered less by Three Caballeros than Frozen not because the former are classic characters, but because of your word "infused." It's still a tour of Mexico, infused with Donald Duck. I wasn't super excited about the infusion, but I didn't hate it either, and new animatronics are certainly nice, in any case. Frozen Ever After, however, doesn't look to be a tour of Norway brought to you by Anna and Elsa, so it seems more out of place.

Cmdr_Crimson

For me personally, I'm bothered less by Three Caballeros than Frozen not because the former are classic characters, but because of your word "infused." It's still a tour of Mexico, infused with Donald Duck. I wasn't super excited about the infusion, but I didn't hate it either, and new animatronics are certainly nice, in any case. Frozen Ever After, however, doesn't look to be a tour of Norway brought to you by Anna and Elsa, so it seems more out of place.

Meanwhile Back at TDO.....
va1d8_zpsk9uh8pjn.jpg

doctornick

I won't be surprised if this decides to show up between Morroco & France in the next 5 years and balance it out......New World Showcase Fantasyland is happening people..
image_header_welcome.jpg

They definitely need a ride on the other side of World Showcase. Somewhere in the France/Morocco/Japan area would be ideal. I'd actually be fine with Ratatouille there, given that it is actually set in France but I understand opinions vary about such things. (I'd prefer a Japan bullet train/Mt Fugi type ride all things being equal.)

Chris82

They definitely need a ride on the other side of World Showcase. Somewhere in the France/Morocco/Japan area would be ideal. I'd actually be fine with Ratatouille there, given that it is actually set in France but I understand opinions vary about such things. (I'd prefer a Japan bullet train/Mt Fugi type ride all things being equal.)

I want "Ninjas of the Caribbean!"

aladdin2007

spot on post!!! my favorite of the day.

FigmentJedi

As far as a ride in Japan goes, I still think Disney should give Toho a call about a certain star of theirs. Assuming Universal hasn't already set their eyes on him to join his simian sparring partner in IOA.

cosmicray

Looks like I need to pop over to EPCOT before my passes block out for a few weeks. Really need to see this in person! Bravo, Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom