Gran Fiesta debacle...

speck76

You guys whine too much. There are millions of people in Africa dying of aids, thousands of people being killed in the middle east, North Korea and various other parts of the world, and you guys complain about THIS?

Oh no! :snore:

how the hell does that relate to ANYTHING being discussed here?!!!

joshwill

You guys whine too much. There are millions of people in Africa dying of aids, thousands of people being killed in the middle east, North Korea and various other parts of the world, and you guys complain about THIS?

Oh no! :snore:

this IS a disney discussion board, after all.

while this discuss has reached a level of obsurdity i dont think this board has seen to often, it would hardly make your valid.

maybe youd be better off on cnn's discussion forums.

ToTBellHop

It means no worries for the rest of your days! It's our problem-free philosophy! Hakuna matata. Hakuna matata! hakuna matata! hakuuuuuuuuuuuna matata! hakuna matata! hakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuna matata! haKUNA matata...hakuna...matata...ha ha ha...

Bratstarman

Yea, this is silly. This was just a minor morning thing that coud've been handled a bit better. It's not a 16 page discussion. I think that the people on one side need to accept that it was a bit of a mess (Not a big one, but a mess), and the other side needs to calm down. It was a deal, but not a big deal. I think everyone needs to agree to disagree, and start talking about the ride!
:lol:

But the people here just prefer a little whine with their fiesta. :p

Judging by your response, you obviously don't know why people are upset. The old Mexico ride was closed down months ago and has been getting a refurb and a 3 cabellero overlay. Many people are excited about the opportunity to see a new ride. Disney even announced that it would be officially open on April 2nd, so many people went out of their way to head over to Epcot that day so that they could ride it on their opening day just as I would have done had I lived in Orlando. They all lined up outside the pavilion to see it and then nothing, not even somebody to say hey it's not ready this is when we plan to have it open.

Now had Disney not announced an opening date and it was just rumors off the internet then this post would be a little silly. As it was, Disney did announce it, many people did head out there specifically for that only, and then it wasn't there without any information at all. Disney knew it wasn't going to open the attraction on the 2nd, they could have at least put some announcement out saying it was going to take a little longer and they were sorry.

I would say banking on a ride being opened on schedule is usually a mistake. They probably will open on schedule when its a ride that is supposed to open in conjuction with some special even (like reopening Pirates along with the movie opening), but for a ride like this one I would be surprised if it was given more than a passing thought at any management meetings.

I realize you may be a fan of 3 cabelleros, but I think you over estimated their importance. I would never plan a trip to Disney based on the thought that I would be there to ride something the first day it opened, that is just setting yourself up for a let down. I personally don't think that the ride will be any better to me if I am riding it the first day it opens or the 300th day its open.

WhyteAL

I left work yesterday, went home went to sleep, showed up back to work (hey give me credit I actually made it on time today) and this disscussion is still going on???????:brick:

*IDEA*If you feel you need to file a complaint with Guest Relations then do so if you don't then don't stress it.

And if you don't like what Merf is saying just get off the board and post somewhere else.

*problem solved :wave:

jmvd20

I left work yesterday, went home went to sleep, showed up back to work (hey give me credit I actually made it on time today) and this disscussion is still going on???????:brick:

*IDEA*If you feel you need to file a complaint with Guest Relations then do so if you don't then don't stress it.

And if you don't like what Merf is saying just get off the board and post somewhere else.

*problem solved :wave:

*IDEA(S)*

If people didn't stress over such things then message boards such as this wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

Also if everyone left that doesn't like what merf is saying who would be left here?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*IDEA(S)*

If people didn't stress over such things then message boards such as this wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

Also if everyone left that doesn't like what merf is saying who would be left here?

The cool people, duh.

Kidding :) I love you all and don't take any of this in a particularly serious manner.

JimboJones123

Merf -- I'll have to admit, reading the OP a few days ago I thought "there goes Merf again about his precious EPCOT ideal". But dang if every day I don't agree with you more and more. It started when people replied saying you were being too harsh, and I started coming over to the dark side.

This is a stupid, slap yourself in the face thing for WDW to have done. It's not like they just screwed up one thing. It's a domino effect and it's like the growning of a little white lie.

Why set themselves up for failure and announce a hard date so far out? They didn't do this with Nemo, and I knew full well that if I tried to go at the first week of OCT last year that I would prob miss it.

Why keep up the expectation that it would happen?

Why not have a sign up as guests entered the park?

Why am I continuing to repeat the questions you originally posted?

It has me really upset now. I know it holds no significance for me, but I empathisize with those on vactation hoping to go every day and wasting their mornings every day. It is almost a cruel torture to those of us really interested in this upgrade. Most the time if a ride doesn't make the deadline, they give at least a week or two notice. They didn't.

Are they just ing on us to be lazy or just plain mean? So call me a MERF 180er. Right on -- this is very poor guest treatment. I still could care less about the Epcot 25th celebration spanning a year or even months, but you hit this one dead on.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
BnyBigBunny_img.jpg

:lookaroun

juan

This is a stupid, slap yourself in the face thing for WDW to have done. It's not like they just screwed up one thing. It's a domino effect and it's like the growning of a little white lie.

Why set themselves up for failure and announce a hard date so far out? They didn't do this with Nemo, and I knew full well that if I tried to go at the first week of OCT last year that I would prob miss it.

Why keep up the expectation that it would happen?

Why not have a sign up as guests entered the park?

Why am I continuing to repeat the questions you originally posted?

It has me really upset now. I know it holds no significance for me, but I empathisize with those on vactation hoping to go every day and wasting their mornings every day. It is almost a cruel torture to those of us really interested in this upgrade. Most the time if a ride doesn't make the deadline, they give at least a week or two notice. They didn't.
I will say it again.
Disney.com, which had the wrong date that most people followed, is run by the Disney Internet Group, a separate entity from WDW. WDWCo has known for a while and knows exactly when it will open and have already planned accordingly.

Here are some facts:
The master list of refurbishments says the ride will not open until Saturday.
All Epcot Times guides say it is closed.
All CM's at WDW have a personal time's guide that says it won't open until Saturday.
There is a sign out front that says closed.
There are CM's all over the Mexico pavillion that could answer questions.
And if it is so important to check back everyday, maybe call guest services and find out before you make the trip.

If you have a gripe, take it up with Disney Internet Group. It is not WDWCo's fault that Disney.com did not update their site. WDWCo planned and updated their resources and made it known that the ride wouldn't be opening til later (Times Guides, sign out front, etc)
And as far as WDWCo knew, they thought the guests knew the ride wouldn't be open so they never saw a need to place a CM at the entrance.

Are they just ing on us to be lazy or just plain mean? So call me a MERF 180er. Right on -- this is very poor guest treatment. I still could care less about the Epcot 25th celebration spanning a year or even months, but you hit this one dead on.

And to say "ing on you to be lazy or mean" is just offensive and demeaning to all CM's

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, WDW was too lazy to make sure their information was distributed properly and are hidng behind a "it's not our fault" excuse and blaming another section of their own company.

jmvd20

The cool people, duh.

Kidding :) I love you all and don't take any of this in a particularly serious manner.

I just couldn't resist saying it - after all the numbers were pretty heavily stacked against you there. :D

It's good to see that we are all getting along perfectly again :animwink:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
And if it is so important to check back everyday, maybe call guest services and find out before you make the trip.

You do realize Guest Relations function is to help guests currently in the parks, and that giving out their phone number is frowned upon by the company, right?

Good luck finding their number on any Disney publication directing you to call them with questions..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom