Goodbye Jojo and Goliath

drew81

Original Poster
Starting in the near future, Playhouse Disney characters Jojo and Goliath will no longer be appearing for meet n greets at Hollywood Studios. They will also no longer be appearing at Play-n-Dine character dining for breakfast or lunch. I have heard a possible replacement for them at Play-n-Dine could be Handy Manny; no word yet on other characters that could be added.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Starting in the near future, Playhouse Disney characters Jojo and Goliath will no longer be appearing for meet n greets at Hollywood Studios. They will also no longer be appearing at Play-n-Dine character dining for breakfast or lunch. I have heard a possible replacement for them at Play-n-Dine could be Handy Manny; no word yet on other characters that could be added.

Well, it would seem that deal with Stanley Tools is already doing wonders for Handy Manny et al......:)

I am not surprised at all. I'm actually surprised it's taken this long to ditch Jo Jo and Goliath. Jo Jo's hasn't been on in a couple years except for the in between Feeling Good with Jo Jo show. I thought for sure when Handy Manny came out in the park, that was it for the circus duo. I guess I was right but off by a 2 years.

My kids would LOVE Phineas and Ferb to be at the b'fast/lunch ( so would I ) but I doubt they would bring them there since they aren't considered Playhouse Disney. Phineas and Ferb is geared to the slightly older crowd. Handy Manny would make more sense to replace Jo Jo and Goliath since he's Playhouse Disney.

sweetpee_1993

I haven't watched Playhouse Disney in at least 6 years. I wish we had seen Rolie Polie Olie back in the day. That was the cutest show.

NewfieFan

Put me down as the third vote for Phineas and Ferb. Great show!

As someone already stated Phineas and Ferb is NOT Playhouse Disney... it's Disney Channel (two different things)!

But I love P&F and can't wait to see them do a M&G!

I'm glad my kids did get to see JoJo & Goliath... we've actually done the character meal three times! But I was surprised as well to see them stay around this long!

lebeau

As someone already stated Phineas and Ferb is NOT Playhouse Disney... it's Disney Channel (two different things)!

But I love P&F and can't wait to see them do a M&G!

I'm glad my kids did get to see JoJo & Goliath... we've actually done the character meal three times! But I was surprised as well to see them stay around this long!

Then change the name of the breakfast!

Bring back KP and Ron, and combine them with Phineas and Ferb. Give Leo and June the boot, and then you can have the Disney Channel Animated Stars Breakfast. Ta da!

trr1

What did you learn today, JoJo?
Hey, JoJo / What do you say? / We all wanna know what you learned today / We're all ears / So come on, take it away / Step right up and tell us what you learned today / We all wanna know, tell us what you learned today!

cathyy

how soon in "in the near furture" we have a breakfast scheduled in April. My girls love JoJo, used to be their favorite show. They would be disappointed if it went to Handy Mandy.

NewfieFan

Then change the name of the breakfast!

Well, I guess they would have to change their aim there as well. The character meal was geared towards the preschool age group.

I don't know who else you could have with P&F... Kim and Ron are long gone!?!

herc

This may give Disney the perfect opportunity to redo the entire Play N Dine meals. We've done the breakfast five times and to me, it's getting stale. The same four characters. The two hosts. How about having the hosts switch sides? How about changing out the characters after every break (same CMs)? Why only two of the Little Einsteins? I think a problem that is happening with Playhouse Disney in general is going away from the "hand and feet" characters. Now we have shows about trains, jungle animals on wheels (instead of feet), etc. My Friends Tigger and Pooh is going bye bye so they will have to make another change. Too bad it would be too hard to put in the Imagination Movers.

Still hoping and wishing for some sort of a Pixar Breakfast that Disney was toying with. How cool would that be!! At least the Play N Dine meals was more boy friendly.

TheJonesys

I like the idea of a Pixar breakfast Herc and then different characters could appear at lunch and they definately need something for the boys, have the Power Rangers gone now?

NewfieFan

This may give Disney the perfect opportunity to redo the entire Play N Dine meals. We've done the breakfast five times and to me, it's getting stale. The same four characters. The two hosts. How about having the hosts switch sides? How about changing out the characters after every break (same CMs)? Why only two of the Little Einsteins? I think a problem that is happening with Playhouse Disney in general is going away from the "hand and feet" characters. Now we have shows about trains, jungle animals on wheels (instead of feet), etc. My Friends Tigger and Pooh is going bye bye so they will have to make another change. Too bad it would be too hard to put in the Imagination Movers.

Still hoping and wishing for some sort of a Pixar Breakfast that Disney was toying with. How cool would that be!! At least the Play N Dine meals was more boy friendly.

I agree it was getting stale! And I don't know why they couldn't have switched out the Little Einsteins either... why didn't Quincy and Annie get a chance!?! I haven't seen the new Jungle Junction (or whatever it's called) yet but what is the show "about trains"? And I don't understand why My Friends Tigger and Pooh is going? I thought it was popular!?!

I would love a Pixar character meal!

lebeau

I agree it was getting stale! And I don't know why they couldn't have switched out the Little Einsteins either... why didn't Quincy and Annie get a chance!?! I haven't seen the new Jungle Junction (or whatever it's called) yet but what is the show "about trains"? And I don't understand why My Friends Tigger and Pooh is going? I thought it was popular!?!

I would love a Pixar character meal!

I've heard that Tigger and Pooh got the axe because traditional Pooh merchandise was outselling the "super sleuths" stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom