Goodbye Jojo and Goliath

DisneyNut2007

Well, I guess they would have to change their aim there as well. The character meal was geared towards the preschool age group.

I don't know who else you could have with P&F... Kim and Ron are long gone!?!

They could always bring them back. Besides, they never retire characters permanently.

I still feel that they need to have Kim & Ron out for meet-and-greets at Epcot, due to their World Showcase Adventure now being active.

bstiles

Why stop at playhouse disney breakfast with the characters, you could have a star wars themed meal or muppets themed one. With disneys latest and newest next gen technology these things should be easy to accomplish. There would probably be long waits for these like they get for cinderellas royal table.

I don't know who else you could have with P&F... Kim and Ron are long gone!?!

Well, the show is still run in reruns... they could probably call KP & Ron back in on "special assignment" ;)

Otherwise, it's true. Phin and Ferb is the only current animated show on the DC, otherwise it's all tween-oriented live shows.

...And then I remembered how awful P&F look in real life... Maybe this is a really really bad idea...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'd love to see the Muppets start making an appearance. Not that I wouldn't mind P&F either, but the Muppets may be easier....

drew81

Original Poster
how soon in "in the near furture" we have a breakfast scheduled in April. My girls love JoJo, used to be their favorite show. They would be disappointed if it went to Handy Mandy.

It could be in late March, but I don't have a definite date.

This may give Disney the perfect opportunity to redo the entire Play N Dine meals. We've done the breakfast five times and to me, it's getting stale. The same four characters. The two hosts. How about having the hosts switch sides? How about changing out the characters after every break (same CMs)? Why only two of the Little Einsteins? I think a problem that is happening with Playhouse Disney in general is going away from the "hand and feet" characters. Now we have shows about trains, jungle animals on wheels (instead of feet), etc. My Friends Tigger and Pooh is going bye bye so they will have to make another change. Too bad it would be too hard to put in the Imagination Movers.

Still hoping and wishing for some sort of a Pixar Breakfast that Disney was toying with. How cool would that be!! At least the Play N Dine meals was more boy friendly.

There are issues with that. Buzz couldn't fit through the doors.

domndebs

The new train show is called "Chuggington.". It seems really cute.

Is that on Playhouse Disney over there then? That show's been on for the last year here in the UK on CBeebies (The BBC's version of Playhouse Disney). My DD used to watch it loads, but she's only been watching PLayhouse disney recently:sohappy:

DisneyMusician2

It is, but it reminds me of Thomas the Tank Engine with a different spin and digital animation.

I wish they would leave Pooh on, the show is good, even if the regular merchandise is cuter than the super sleuth stuff. My wife has stocked us up on Pooh stuff for the nursery, so I've seen it all.:)

NewfieFan

I've heard that Tigger and Pooh got the axe because traditional Pooh merchandise was outselling the "super sleuths" stuff.

Of course the regular stuff is going sell more than the Super Sleuth stuff. Original Pooh has been around longer, has a broader appeal, etc. The new show was geared to preschoolers and really hasn't been on the go that long! They still put on Franny's Feet for goodness sake... I've never seen merch for that show but it's still on!

Ohhhh, I've seen Chuggington before but it was on treehouse tv not Playhouse.

I don't actually have the Playhouse Disney channel, I only get the Playhouse Disney programming in the morning on the Family Channel. They took away My Friends Tigger and Pooh and the Little Einsteins. Two of the better programs if you ask me!

I don't know if Drew or anyone else out there can answer this but does Darby still do M&Gs by Pooh's Playful Spot?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Of course the regular stuff is going sell more than the Super Sleuth stuff. Original Pooh has been around longer, has a broader appeal, etc. The new show was geared to preschoolers and really hasn't been on the go that long! They still put on Franny's Feet for goodness sake... I've never seen merch for that show but it's still on!

Ohhhh, I've seen Chuggington before but it was on treehouse tv not Playhouse.

I don't actually have the Playhouse Disney channel, I only get the Playhouse Disney programming in the morning on the Family Channel. They took away My Friends Tigger and Pooh and the Little Einsteins. Two of the better programs if you ask me!

I don't know if Drew or anyone else out there can answer this but does Darby still do M&Gs by Pooh's Playful Spot?

Darby no longer does meet and greets. She's been gone for about a year now I think.

Aggie Mom

I would really love to see Handy Manny at the character meal. There are so many princess themed events, etc. for girls, but there is a lot lacking for preschool aged boys. Pirates (POTC-style, as opposed to Captain Feathersword-style) are too violent for this age group, and P&F isn't really age appropriate either. As a mom of two boys, I'd be all over this.

As for Jungle Junction and Chuggington, I wonder (and I'm just talking out of my you-know-where here) if they were created for merchandising potential. Chuggington is like a modernized Thomas, and parents of preschoolers know that Thomas merchandise is $$, collectible, and IMO, out of control. There is tons of potential for Jungle Junction toys. Think about all sorts of roads/tracks the wind through trees, etc. In fact, there is a current line of FP infant toys that, if I didn't know better, I'd swear Disney had ripped off for the idea for Jungle Junction--animals with wheel not legs that roll around in toy jungles.

I really hope they don't put in Special Agent Oso. That show drives me nuts.

Ignohippo

Yeah, Oso's pretty bad. We've loved Playhouse Disney through the years (both the tv shows and the attraction at DHS) but it seems to be a dying franchise. The older shows are becoming stale and the new ones are either awful or impossible to translate to walkaround characters.

I think they gave up on My Friends Tigger and Pooh way too soon. I understand that they want to go in a new direction with the characters (actually back to the old direction) but the new show was a great way to re-introduce the characters to today's kids.

Disney needs to do a better job of keeping recent movies and characters in the limelight rather than having them disappear after a year. I'd like to see JoJo and Goliath replaced with the characters from Up, Bolt or even The Incredibles or Princess and the Frog. That way, they could get something fresh in the Animation Building too. I'd really like to see the characters from Chicken Little or Meet The Robinsons show up once in a while, but I know that won't happen!

disneyny

I think that Disney could do a lot with a Playhouse theme if it was done well. There were a lot of characters mentioned in this forum and then there are others from recent years like Johnny and the Sprites. They could switch them out- cut down on dry cleaning the same costumes! I think they should also rerun some of the older popular series on Playhouse like Bear in the Big Blue House. That would be better than repeating the same shows all the time! I would take my toddler to a playhouse meal if it had characters he might recognize from the past couple of years- JoJo is WAY before our time plus she gives me the creeps. The meal and show became outdated because it has been soooooo long since they changed it but if they updated it like once a year (or even two!) I think they could really make some money. For what its worth some of the most annoying characters are the ones toddlers (and that is the target market for this) like best- my nephew loves Oso. Alas there is no bigger evil on children's television than Yo Gabba Gabba. Worst.Show.Ever.

drew81

Original Poster
Ok here's what I'm hearing-Jojo will be staying and won't be retired. Goliath will still be going away and her Play n Dine replacement could possibly be Handy Manny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom