Good fx news for a change

DisneyCane

Unless you are lucky like we are and have a sprinkler system that uses non-potable water...we actually got a letter telling us we can still water as much as our lawn needs. They started doing this in some of the newer Clay county subdivisions about 10 years ago...

Funny thing to think about is that when you water with non-potable water it soaks into the ground and then some of it makes it to the aquifer and ends up being turned into potable water again.

Horizonstta

There was a steel drums BGM along with the JP and the Silver Stars steel drum group that played in the Plaza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qn40t_gi88

I think any return of steel drums to Caribbean Plaza would be more than welcome. The film score loop is nice but incongruous with the Caribbean Plaza theme.

There is still currently a steel drum loop being used in Adventureland. You can hear it in one area of Tortuga Tavern. I guess I should caveat this by saying that I haven't checked to see if this loop is still playing after El Pirata y el Perico was renamed Tortuga Tavern. I'll verify this point next weekend.

bugsbunny

I know that its a rich company, with a huge backlog of little things that need fixin, but remember, water features are very expensive to fix. At least compared to other things. Also remember that water fixtures ON THE SECOND FLOOR are even worse since leaks and uncontrolled run off can get down in the utilidors.

The reality of why plumbing is so expensive is that in most cases you have these plumbers who insist on using copper instead of cpvc or pex. Copper is labor intensive to put together as well as take apart to repair. Most plumbing is "roughed in" prior to the walls going up so it's expensive to get at after the fact because of the need to get a torch in there. Cpvc or pex is about 1/10th the cost in product and labor but all these plumbers insist on copper still because thats all they ever knew. Drives up the cost of construction or repairs unless you have a free thinking plumber doing the work.

SeaCastle

There is still currently a steel drum loop being used in Adventureland. You can hear it in one area of Tortuga Tavern. I guess I should caveat this by saying that I haven't checked to see if this loop is still playing after El Pirata y el Perico was renamed Tortuga Tavern. I'll verify this point next weekend.

I'd be interested in hearing if the steel drum loop is still playing there. Was that the same loop that played throughout the area before the Pirates refurb?

yoyoflamingo

According to FoxxFurr over on DK, the fountains were shut off during the drought, but sometime during the drought season, new rules were created concerning water quality in public fountains. The Caribbean Plaza fountains are of different design than the rest of the ones in EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom, and due to a lack of a filtration system in the Caribbean Plaza fountains, they remained shuttered. Now, I understand there are plans to fix the fountains, but I'm not sure how close they are to being implemented.

Thanks for the info! Gives some hope for their return at least.

acr123

I was just wondering about this the other day. If someone has information on this why not just share it. This wink/smile approach to breaking news on here can be frustrating. Just tell us what you know please. :)

Jakester

Im visting Monday for Independance Day (Call me crazy) and ill check out the caribbean plaza and see if anythings changed

HMF

I was just wondering about this the other day. If someone has information on this why not just share it. This wink/smile approach to breaking news on here can be frustrating. Just tell us what you know please. :)

They might get someone fired if they do.

Jakester

Just incase nobody saw my trip report from last tuesday (From Visting Magic Kingdom on the 4th), I made sure i used my ears to hear anything different in Caribbean plaza and i heard nothing new. Plan on visting monday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom