Good fx news for a change

Rum Pirate

I don't know if this is still the case but many fountains were turned off because of drought conditions in the last few years. Although Florida sees small bursts of a lot of rain as of July 26 most of the state is somewhere between extremely dry and severe drought.

Lol its not a drought issue, its a plumbing issue, when they put in 'under new mgmt' they ripped out that existing plumbing, if they had to re-run that water, current building code would make them have to tear up the entire floor, so not very particle.

On that note, I can confirm that the cannons will indeed be returning to their former glory!!:sohappy:

GymLeaderPhil

Actually the fountain is a pretty complicated effect. It uses a glass tube to reach the height of the bird mobile and also control it. Otherwise the audience and the animatronics would get wet.

SeaCastle

Lol its not a drought issue, its a plumbing issue, when they put in 'under new mgmt' they ripped out that existing plumbing, if they had to re-run that water, current building code would make them have to tear up the entire floor, so not very particle.

On that note, I can confirm that the cannons will indeed be returning to their former glory!!:sohappy:

I believe what was being referred to were the fountains in Caribbean Plaza thst had been disabled since 2000. They were turned off in the drought years back but supposedly stayed disabled when Florida health code stipulated filtration systems for outdoor fountains (which the 1973 fountain designs failed to include). Though WDI is reportedly designing a work around to get the fountains running again, the cost of doing so is deterring it from happening, for now.

I had thought that the plumbing was left intact for the Enchanted Tiki fountain, though I guess this wasn't the case.

jmuboy

Couldn't the fountain (which does not require a ton of water) be part of a small closed/filtered water system that would sit above the floor (and below of the bowl of the flountain) that would not required any under the floor plumbing? It would all be hidden inside the fountain pedestal (including the needed gallons of water).

The fountin would work much like these mini water features people have in their yards. It would also require a regular refilling of the fountain water, but that seems simple. It would also seem like it would be easy to maintain / repair with everything above the floor.
(plumbing, mechanical, filter systems, etc)

I guess we will see how it all works out.

jhastings74

Much like others, I read the thread, became excited, then felt like a kid who dropped his ice cream cone on the ground and could only just stare at it melting away.

There is a cruel irony in the thread title!

JustInTime

I have heard the purpose of the cannons returning is for the interactive game that is to start next year. Can anybody confirm?

RSoxNo1

I forgot to mention this - I was on Pirates of the Caribbean on Tuesday in the fort battle scene and a blast of air blew across the boat to the point that it nearly blew off my friend's hat. I've been on Pirates 100+ times in my life and I don't recall ever feeling anything like that.

JustInTime

I forgot to mention this - I was on Pirates of the Caribbean on Tuesday in the fort battle scene and a blast of air blew across the boat to the point that it nearly blew off my friend's hat. I've been on Pirates 100+ times in my life and I don't recall ever feeling anything like that.

OMG! I noticed that too! I was sitting there and that happened and I turned to my friends and said...I think something just hit me in the face!

NewfieFan

I think another forum member mentioned that in one of his updates. And yes, I felt it on my trip two weeks ago. However, I rode the ride twice during the course of my stay and the second time I never felt a thing.

GhostHost999

I think another forum member mentioned that in one of his updates. And yes, I felt it on my trip two weeks ago. However, I rode the ride twice during the course of my stay and the second time I never felt a thing.

This may be a little off topic, but speaking of effects, about two months ago I was riding pirates, and was in the front row and got absolutely drenched from the drop. Getting off the ride I looked like I was getting off Kali. Has this ever happened to anyone else? usually I get a misting at most, and iv'e been on pirates hundreds of times. I have to admit though, it was fun because it was so unexpected...

GLaDOS

It's an effect that was added during the Jack Sparrow refurb(I think), but it's almost impossible for it to actually be felt. You literally have to be sitting in the exact right seat at the exact right moment. I've only felt it once, and that was over 3 years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom