Trip Report Go west they said. The weather is so perfect you'll never want to leave they said.

Greetings to all my Disney-fied, Pixie Dust-fried friends! Yep, it's that time again...moving on to the next adventure. This time we finally went west for our glorious (or not-so-glorious?) return to Disney parks.

The particulars:

Who? Me, Tracey (DH, @Sweetpee's Sugar Daddy), Chandler (DS18, @casutton96), & Brian (DS16)

What? Disneyland Resort family vacation

Where? Disneyland Hotel / Disneyland / California

When? April 26, 2104 - May 3, 2014

I'm not feeling extra wordy at the moment (rare, I know) so let's get started....

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We decided after a bit of debate to get in line for the Storybook Canal boats. It was a 35 minute wait + ride mostly in the sunshine on an already hot day with the hot, sandblasting winds. At some point during the line I began to think I was "over" California where the weather is supposed to be so gorgeous you'll never want to leave. I'm a bit of a grumpy-pants when I get hot. I apologize, @Disneyfalcon .

I really did like the boat ride, tho! The little girl in me who wants to hop out and play was delighted!

This was the 3rd Little Pig's house built of brick. I don't know about you, but this is the pig I'd be hangin' out with!

I forget exactly which whatever this was but it was so cute!

I loved this little strip in the middle. If you look carefully, there's some ducks sitting up under the little "trees". So you have this miniature "world" with these giganto ducks. I laughed as I imagined the Storybook horrors of the gigantic killer ducks who ate all the villagers!

Agrabah!

See all the vegetation in the water? That's from the wind blowing stuff everywhere.

It's the cottage of the 7 dwarves, I think (?)

Rapunzel's tower.

So. darned. cute.

These are the "quilt" beds. If you look at the points where the bed dividers come together you see rope "stitching". As a gal who loves sewing and quilts, this is photo-worthy.

I don't even know but on a nice day I'd go play here.

Oh! I'm fairly sure this is where Gepeddo's shop is.

This is definitely Prince Eric's castle by the sea.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Having survived the sun and the killer ducks we decided to go recheck Space since now our Fastpasses are all-day ones. It was up so we hopped in line. Didn't take long at all. The load is so interesting. And I loved the side-by-side seating!

Overall, we liked the west coast Space Mountain so much better. It didn't beat us half to death. The ride felt longer. The onboard audio is great. The best part, though, was getting off without a headache or aching back. That's a very nice thing. For Tracey and me, we feel like it's a Space Mountain we can actually ride. That's a veeeery good thing!

Next we got in the standby line for Star Tours. It was roughly a 20 minute wait with only a little bit of it outside. WARNING! Crappy Star Tours queue pics!

As always, Star Tours is fun stuff. We got a sequence we'd never seen before although I couldn't tell you what it is. After the heat and riding Space Mountain I wasn't okay with the motion for the whole ride. When I started feeling yucky I looked down at my lap and focused on the motion then I was okay.

When we exited Star Tours we met Darolyn & Ashley again! WooHOO!

Chandler really wanted Dole Whip to cool off so we made our way across the hub to Adventureland. While we waited for those getting Dole Whip things I held Ashley's iced coffee while she ran to the ladies room. I noticed she had just posted a pic of her coffee to Instagram so while I waited for her to return I thought it'd be funny to follow her coffee with another picture of her coffee from me. @polymissy caught onto what I did. Coffee-sitting Instragram!

The group back together, the 7 of us jumped into the Jungle Cruise line. 20 minutes. It's not that long. I was trying to cover Brian's sunburned neck from the sunny parts of the queue. It was pretty darned hot. And is it just me or are the lines in California narrow??? In line:

Watch the gap!

Eventually we made it onto a boat and our cruise began!

Ephelants!

Trader Sam! My main man! I have one of his mugs on my nightstand!

After Jungle Cruise we decided we should hop over to DCA. Tammy wanted to show us something awesome. On our way out we enjoyed a few of the shop windows on Main Street. This Ratatouille one is fantastic! The figure moves around like he's stumbling blindfolded.

Heading out.

Brian decided he was ready for a hotel/swimming break so he took off back for some swimming. This is the only time any of us touched those awesome pools at the DLH. What were we thinking???

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Destination. (<--that's what my car says when I've arrived where I'm going)

Oooohhh...

Destination again.

We were going into the animation building to see some neat-o stuff in the air conditioning. Heeeeeyyy! Look familiar?

Tammy loves the zoetrope so she wanted to show it to the lot of us who had never seen it. The zoetrope is all these detailed clay models, each slightly different from the one before it, positioned on turntables. Like this:

When the thing lights up and starts spinning it gets to just the right speed and the light starts blinking rapidly. The effect? The different characters come to life right in front of you. I did an Instagram video of it and you can kinda see the effect but it's not as good as with the naked eye. When you're there it looks perfect. You don't even really see the flashing.

Next we went over to Beast's library.

We did the little thing that tells you what character you're most like. Here's Chandler's turn.

It said he was like Scar. I disagree. He's just a young man with a lot of really thick walls guarding a veeeery tender, fiercely loyal heart. I'm sure I'll be in trouble for saying that. :rolleyes:

I, on the other hand, am most like Belle. Awwwwww.... :inlove::inlove:

So, you do realize you'll be seeing this again at the very end, right?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We hadn't done Monsters Inc so that was next. Mike & Sully to the rescue!

Thankfully, a good bit of the line was inside in the a/c so that helped. There's lots of fun stuff to see, too. I noted this one at a 20 minute wait.

The Monsters Inc dark ride was one we really, really did like! I love a good dark ride!

Next, we headed over to this lovely for a short stay.

I'm liking the light fixtures this trip, huh?

Blurry. Fail.

Oh but HEY! This is good.

And getting better.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We got through the little pre-show thing and were standing together at the front of the line waiting for our elevator position assignment. I was standing facing Tammy & we were chatting. I noticed her and Darolyn looking behind me with odd looks. About the time I decided Tracey was behind me making faces he rested his chin on my right shoulder. I looked at him to see what he was up to. That's when Tammy said, "Other side." When I turned left there was a creepy CM/bellhop about 3 inches from my face with this stone cold stare. I jumped and (inadvertently) exclaimed "OH SH*T!!!" I coulda died! I do make it a point to make the effort to clean up my language in front of @Disneyfalcon out of respect and stuff for my friend. Ya know? So I just yelled out a swear in front of her and God only knows who else heard. Including children. I clapped my hand over my mouth. The bellhop clapped his hand over his mouth, too. LOL! Tracey must not have heard me because I jumped back into him so he asked, "What did she say? What'd she say????" The bellhop looked at him, smiled, and answered, "She said 'Oh poop'." Indeed. Yikes!

Here's our on-ride picture. We are the first 2 rows on the right. Just before we got in the elevator we all decided we were going to do the thumbs up/Disney point for the classic "I'm okay" signal (see my January 2009 WDW trip report). We all managed to get it right except Tracey. That's okay Tracey. You just do you while we all get the picture right. :cautious:

Left to right on the top row: Ashley, Chandler, & Tracey. Left to right on the bottom row: Darolyn, Tammy, & me.

After ToT Darolyn & Ashley headed off to DtD for their dinner reservation at Naples. Tracey, Chandler, Tammy, & I went over to Radiator Springs Racers so Tammy can ride it before she has to leave. :cry: We opted for the 20 minute single rider line vs. the posted 50 minute standby.

Part of the Cadillac Range.

Cadillace Range AND cacti!

Ooooooh....aaaaaaahhhh....

Heeeeey there Doc!

Getting ready for the start!

There's just not enough pictures. Even bad ones.

Bad picture with cacti.

Aaaaand that's the last picture I took today. After Racers I was so, so beat. We met Brian back at the exit gates. We wanted to grab a bite to eat before Tammy hit the road so we decided we'd be freaky stalker people at Naples. Tracey and the boys spotted Ashley & Darolyn on the patio eating and took covert pictures of them like stalkers. I gave them Darolyn's phone number and they texted from Tracey's phone, a number she doesn't know. They sent her the pictures of them from the weird spot in the bushes and a caption like "I'm always watching." Darolyn's face was awesome!!! I wanted the stalker pic to post in my report but Tracey was all worried he was going too far and too freaky stalker-ish so he deleted it. :mad::mad: Where's his dedication to the report, here??? Hopefully Darolyn still has the picture. It was so funny!

So Tammy grabbed a few things at WoD then we hit up Naples. I only ate a salad. I was so hot and worn down I was feeling weak and nauseated. The guys said the pizza was just like Via Napoli in Epcot which makes sense since the restaurant is run by the same group. :p

After dinner Tammy headed home. :(:( It was soooo much fun having her there and being able to visit with my friend. Thank you a bazillion times over for coming out to Disneyland with us, @Disneyfalcon !!! We all had a great time with you! It meant a lot that you'd go so far just for a night with our bunch a loonies. :happy:

We returned to the room at about 7:00. I needed to shower and wash my hair. I was hot, sweaty, sticky, and I had dirt from the sandblasting air in my hair, ears, etc. It was NOT fun. As we were walking back to the room I whined to Tracey, "I feel like I'm sweat, dirt, and funk from head to toe." He said, "That's because you are. We all are." :bawling: I don't like to be sweaty and I don't like to be dirty. :arghh::arghh:

Tracey and I took the opportunity to do up what laundry we had. We were all in bed resting by 9:00. Last line in my notes for the day is: "Gosh, I'm beat!"

Last edited:

fractal

How cool to spend time at the parks with WDWMagic friends! The Tower of Terror ride pic is great.

Nice job with photographing Storybook Land!

PolynesianPrincess

Ahhhhh, the stalker pic! Yes, I do still have it!! haha. Good old Ashley was the one who figured out it was probably Tracey! I seriously had a little heart attack when I first got the message! I don't really know anyone in Cali so I was like "whaaaaaat?! Who is this crazy person?!" LOL

I agree with you on the narrow lines! JC was bad. So was the line for the canal boats. And since it was super hot, the last thing I wanted was to be smushed against other hot, sweaty people. YUCK!

LOVE the ToT pic. Except Tracey?! I do believe HE was the one who suggested that pose and then he goes and does something else! SHEESH!!

Monsters Inc is a great dark ride! I think we rode it 3 or 4 times during the course of the trip. Those are the type of rides I really love. The classic, well executed dark rides. And the queue is neat too!

BBQ goat! haha. Did you know they actually have a Vinylmation of the goat holding the dynamite? I have decided I need to get this for Ashley for her birthday.

mrdrift

Great detailed report you have going on here with awesome pictures. Making me a little jealous that I'm not at Disney myself. Keep up the great report

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - I'm just going to stay in bed until it's time to leave.

Weather report: Sunny. High 96F w/hot Santa Ana winds from the east at 25-33 mph.

Now you lovely people prob'ly all think I'm some sort of sweet lady who's forever optimistic. You prob'ly think at almost 40 years old I'm at least emotionally mature. Right? Well, not exactly. And I have a serious b*tch streak in me that rears it's ugly head from time to time. I should come with warning labels. Just ask Tracey. :oops: God bless that man. :angelic:

Soooo, this morning I woke up wearing my pity panties. Big time. I woke up early like the previous days but I was mad at the world for cursing us with this totally unheard-of early Santa Ana wind. It was such a misfortune. After all the time, effort, anticipation, planning, and then money spent I was seriously angry about this weather throwing such a wrench in our vacation. I still get mad when I think of the insane hours Tracey worked to fund this. It's like watching Mother Nature give my man the big eff-you. We were supposed to be where the weather is perfect, sunny & mild, no humidity, comfortable at all times even in the "heat" of the day. Instead we were dying from this heat, frying in the sun, and getting sandblasted by the hot winds. If the heat wasn't cooking us, the sun was frying us or the wind was burning us. It is not fun to go around dodging the sun and soooo many of the lines are outside. I was MAD at all of this. I would've looked to the skies and shook my fist (or given the 1-finger salute?) but I was too mad to even get out of bed. I *may* or *may not* have stated: "F*ck it. I'm just staying in bed until it's time to go on Saturday." I *may* or *may not* have leaked water out of my eyeballs. :banghead::facepalm:

Yeah, we pulled back the curtains to this:

Flags are still blowing the wrong way. And have you noticed those mountain ranges on the horizon aren't as clear to see? I was envisioning more dirt in the air today. It didn't turn out that bad but after yesterday I just wasn't up to that again.

Everyone was cranky this morning. Every one of us. Don't you hate when you ask everyone, "What should we do for breakfast?" and they all say the same thing. "Whatever. I don't care." :banghead: We were all eat up with the iness this morning. Not one of us could speak without coming out with some smartassery. It was bad. :grumpy:

So we left the room at 9:45-ish and meandered towards DtD. We hit up the Earl of Sandwich for breakfast expecting the usual awesomeness but I think our black cloud was still following us. The sandwiches were totally meh at best and they seemed to be out of a lot of things. :banghead: Ever get a burger or sandwich where all the stuff inside is like a little ball in the center of the bread not even coming close to covering the entire thing?

There's barely any seating in that Earl and the side door kept blowing open. Brian and another little boy from another family took turns getting up to pull it back shut.

Over breakfast we tried to get ourselves together. We decided we should take it slow this morning after the last 3 days of break-neck motion. We haven't done a parks vacation since 2011. We're not used to the pace anymore. All the walking was killing our feet, too. Tracey & I both had such sore feet. My calves were like petrified tree trunks. My feet were also swollen. It was so painful to walk. If we make it to a park today that's fine. If not, that's fine, too.

We meandered slowly down to WoD and kept up our efforts to rearrange our bad attitudes. Genie? Can you help?

This guy. I love these plushies from the cruise ships. I'd buy one but I already have a bin full of Disney plushies that I never open and should prob'ly get rid of.

These character hats cracked me up. Their miniature bodies dangling off the back of the hat looks so funny to me.

I had gotten a few texts from Tammy letting me know she had gotten home and asking me to go back to WoD to find a bag she was in danger of being killed or disowned for not getting for @polymissy . Apparently the newest/latest/greatest Disney Vera was in high demand and short supply. We picked a bag with the nicest placement we saw. I was so nervous picking another girl's bag because print placement is important. I know what I look for in the Dooney's print placement. I wasn't sure what to look for in the Vera's. :eek: I did my bestest and used my AP discount to knock off a little from the price. Tracey was a doll and Vanna White'd the bag for me to Instagram for Missy.

While in WoD we also did the best thing we could have done to help ourselves. We bought Tracey a pair of Mickey Crocs. Ugly as sin, I know, but they make all the difference in the world for my honey. I don't even care how much they cost. Worth it.

We meandered over to Vault 28. I was sooooo excited to shop in here! It's like Tren-D. Cute stuff. Not all Disney, either. I browsed and scoped out a few things. Didn't make any purchases but enjoyed having finally been here!

I really love the old pie-eyed plushes. This one was was way cute and I loved the use of an oversized outdoor candle holder thing to display in. Love!

No pictures but we also made our way over to the Sanuk store that's in DtD to buy me a cushy pair of Sanuk flops. Aaaaaahhh...relief for my aching feet. They feel like walking on clouds. We took our old shoes and other purchases back to our room then decided we'd hit up Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian for a light lunch since we'd enjoyed it so much previously.

Aaaaand, we *may* or *may not* have had the worst of the family drama play out at this time. I know we seem just awful but it's honesty in reporting. I think these things happen more than people admit or choose to remember. So when it does happen the fact that you think you're the worst human's ever because you're at Disneyland and can't get along doesn't help anything. I'm here to tell you, family drama happens! It happens when you're hungry, tired, aching, hot, or just generally uncomfortable. And I know we were all seriously questioning why in the world we chose a parks vacation over another cruise. Well, I know. My kids will tell you. I chose it in spite of their wishes to cruise again because I wanted to do something different. Anywhoooo, so lunch at Whitewater Snacks then we used the entrance from the hotel into DCA.

A dry Grizzly River Run.

We wanted to do things we hadn't yet done so we made our way straight back to:

We weren't sure if we should get a Fastpass or just standby. So we got Fastpasses then got in the standby line. I'm not sure why we did this but we did. The standby wait was 15 minutes or so but we aren't familiar with these parks so we can't look at the lines and have any judgement on whether the posted time is even close to accurate. Oh well. You live, you learn. Right?

Enjoying the props and things in the queue.

I took this so we could go back later, zoom in, and read everything.

Aaaaand, we're off!

Goofy's is pretty much like Primeval Whirl but without the spinning. It really whips you around those hairpin turns. Rough. We gave away those Fastpasses. LOL!

Next, we wanted Brian to ride the Monsters Inc dark ride but the high winds had that area shut down. In front of where the queue entrance is located there's the Mad T Party stage and dance floor setup with overhead rigging full of heavy lights and other equipment. With the high winds they didn't want anyone walking underneath any of that. Understandable. When I looked up I could see objects moving. :eek:

Californian Elitist

Great ToT story haha.

I completely understand your sentiments about the weather. I remember going to DL with my cousin and sister one day... It was in the 90's, and we were MISERABLE. We saw the Tiki Room multiple times because of the AC. We also sat at a rest area for at least two hours, doing nothing, pretty much. We all just wanted to go home. The heat killed it for us.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
None of us had been inside the Muppetvision 3D out west yet, it was right there, and it boasted air conditioning. We're in. Doesn't hurt that I LOVE the Muppets!!!

Who doesn't love Rube Goldberg machines??? They're especially fitting for the Muppets.

Oh Gonzo...

Nobody in the box office out west either.

Luckily we were all shorter than whoever that unfortunate person was who bonked their head going in.

I looooove the holding area for Muppetvision!!! We must've come in just after a show started because we were the first family in the room. I looked around and took tons of pics to go back and closely examine later.

Most everyone had the same idea. Cop-a-squat in the lovely a/c.

I bet I know who's behind the curtain up in that box!

Bring on the show!

As much as I adore the Muppets, I sadly admit that I was nodding off during the show. ((hangs head in shame))

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
How cool to spend time at the parks with WDWMagic friends! The Tower of Terror ride pic is great.

Nice job with photographing Storybook Land!

I know your family is sorta weireded-out a little about "internet friends" but it's sooooo much fun to be with other people who share the Disney love. It totally kicks up the fun factor big time. I love hanging out with WDWMagic friends!

Thanks! Storybook Land is so photogenic it's hard to mess that up particularly with such perfect lighting from the sun. ;)

Ahhhhh, the stalker pic! Yes, I do still have it!! haha. Good old Ashley was the one who figured out it was probably Tracey! I seriously had a little heart attack when I first got the message! I don't really know anyone in Cali so I was like "whaaaaaat?! Who is this crazy person?!" LOL

I agree with you on the narrow lines! JC was bad. So was the line for the canal boats. And since it was super hot, the last thing I wanted was to be smushed against other hot, sweaty people. YUCK!

LOVE the ToT pic. Except *** Tracey?! I do believe HE was the one who suggested that pose and then he goes and does something else! SHEESH!!

Monsters Inc is a great dark ride! I think we rode it 3 or 4 times during the course of the trip. Those are the type of rides I really love. The classic, well executed dark rides. And the queue is neat too!

BBQ goat! haha. Did you know they actually have a Vinylmation of the goat holding the dynamite? I have decided I need to get this for Ashley for her birthday.

The stalker pic was so funny. Tracey was so unsure whether to do it or not. The boys and I really pushed him to do it. Just know that if our family doesn't like you, we won't jack with you. :inlove: I know. You're prob'ly thinking, "Uuuhhh...thanks???" :confused::confused:

Okay. Not just me. The lines are narrow. I was feeling like maybe these attractions were intended for children only or I had turned into a giganto version of me. Totally agree. I'm hot and miserable. I don't want to be that close to other hot and miserable people. Yuck is right!

I KNOW! Tracey is like the photo killer! Watch what's coming up! He keeps doing it!!! Now we have to go back! Dernnit!!!! LOL!

I really did looooove Monsters! It's so cute! Every time thru we'd find a little something more we missed.

I did NOT know there was a vinyl for the goat! I wish I'd known! Today is Tracey's birthday and it would've made a great gift!!!! I think I'll get one anyway. I have a handful of random vinylmations that we keep saying we're going to drill into and put little metal loops in their heads to make them ornaments. We never found an ornament we really liked for our trip. I think the goat vinyl would be PERFECT!

Hey, it's the first time you mentioned doing laundry! Usually it's like...every day?

Love the pics with @Disneyfalcon that is so awesome that she came out. And that you dropped a bomb in front of her. :)

Oh, and I will for sure give a full rundown on the Walt's footsteps when I get to do it. It'll be so long, people will be like - does she not shut up?

I know! It's like a record for me or something! I *only* did laundry once and we actually brought home a bunch of dirty laundry. I prob'ly would've done it more often but it was a bit of a hike to the laundry room. We're spoiled to the Disney ships where a long walk to a far laundry room isn't that far at all. LOL!

I was so tickled that Tammy came out even for just the 1 night. That was the sweetest ever of her. We had so much fun. I still can't believe I dropped a bomb in front of her. :facepalm: I try not to. She's an actual lady...not in a stuffy way at all...but definitely an actual lady. I shouldn't soil that with my language. :oops:

Go full crazy details on the telling of your tour. I love that stuff! I'm usually the one who can't shut up even when it's in my brain, "Okay. Shut up now." I just keep going and going and going and.... :hilarious:

Great detailed report you have going on here with awesome pictures. Making me a little jealous that I'm not at Disney myself. Keep up the great report

I'm gonna see this thing thru! Glad you're enjoying. :)

Great ToT story haha.

I completely understand your sentiments about the weather. I remember going to DL with my cousin and sister one day... It was in the 90's, and we were MISERABLE. We saw the Tiki Room multiple times because of the AC. We also sat at a rest area for at least two hours, doing nothing, pretty much. We all just wanted to go home. The heat killed it for us.

Oh I am sooooo relieved! I've been thinking I prob'ly come off as the whiniest little heifer with all my brooding over the crap-tastic scorching weather. I thought for sure the locals must be thinking I'm a complete and utter wuss. I felt like I was. As I explained to Tammy during our Naples dinner: I live in the south where it's hot as hell WITH high humidity but I don't do hot. When it's hot I simply do NOT go outside. If I have to and I get sweaty I immediately shower. For instance, when I was a teenager my dad lived in this tiny little old house. The kitchen was the size of a postage stamp. The washing machine was in the kitchen next to the stove. We didn't have a drier. So even during the summer we had to wash clothes, haul them outside, and hang them on a clothes line. In the process of a day I'd be in and out 4 or 5 times taking out clothes and bringing them in. Each time I went out I'd get sweaty. Each time I got sweaty I came right back in, showered, and changed clothes. It was like a terrible cycle. LOL!

And OMGosh! After my first time riding California Screaming on Monday my voice was shot. With the dry air it stayed raspy until we got home. It was weeeeiiird. :cyclops:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
After Muppets we decided it was too hot and we didn't want to push too hard so it was a good time to go rest a bit. On our way towards the Grand Californian entrance to the park we stopped in at Clarabelle's to try out the ice cream. I had a build-your-own ice cream bar. I think I did dark chocolate dipped in dark chocolate with the crunchy white pearls. It was sooooo good. I loved the little newspapers they had for people to take. Added a lot to the atmosphere and a fun keepsake to have.

We rturned to our room at about 2:00 and laid down for a nap. This is how we roll, people. We are nappers. Obviously we needed it because we didn't wake up until 4:30. We headed back out at 5:00 or so and returned to DCA via the Grand Californian. I texted a little with Darolyn on the way to see what they were up to. Tonight was their last night. I didn't want to nose in on the last of their sister-time at Disneyland but they seemed to be happy to hang out again so we were good to go. We'd be seeing them shortly. They had just gotten started on their Napa Rose dinner. She told me they were sitting next to a window looking out at the DCA entry bridge. We spotted them and I took a picture. For @derelicte19 ! Y'all shoulda seen the looks they were getting from the people around them when they were waving at us so shamelessly. That's REAL friends for ya!

We showed Brian the zoetrope since he hadn't seen it the day before with us. While we were in the zoetrope room all the power went out in just that room. It was weird. It came back up pretty quickly but it was weird all the same.

I like that they do the displays about how it was done.

Brian said he loves the zoetrope and needs one for his future home. I hope he gets one. He'll have to physically shove me out the door. LOL!

I love the Hollywoodland area. And the buildings provide great shade at this time of day.

Ooooh...I hear the HTH calling to me....

Photopass pic!

Tracey & Brian opted to skip ToT but Chandler & I were up for it. Here we go again!

Down in the bowels of the boiler room.

It was pretty much a walk-on!

Chandler and I are such idiots.

When the ride was over and the doors opened the CM/Bellhop stepped in and asked, "Who loves me?" We all just kinda sat there a bit confused how we should answer that. Then she said, "If you love me you can ride again right now." Everyone cheered! She told us there was literally nobody waiting for our elevator so we could go again. She had us unbuckle then rebuckle. She checked all our restraints again then sent us back up for another round.

We don't look any different, do we? This IS a different picture, tho.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I was getting some texts from Darolyn now that they were headed towards Carsland. Okee-dokee. We started that way, too. This is the perfect report closer pic, isn't it???

I don't know why but I don't think I took any pictures of the Bugsland area. That's a shame. It's done soooo well like Carsland it's like you're a bug in their little world. It's perfect in every way.

Moving on. I think I took this picture earlier in the day but it fits here better because Carsland is where we went next.

We found Darolyn & Ashley in the sea of humanity and it was the perfect moment for a Photopass shoot.

Awwwww...first timer's love!

After our little photo shoot we all collectively decided Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was what we needed to do because none of us had been on it yet and we were standing practically next to it!

When the going get's tough, the tough get towing! Don't forget!

Mater the Greater...as seen in Planes? Right?

There's a ton of cool stuff to look at in the Junkyard Jamboree line. I don't even know how long we waited. Seems like no time because we had good company and lots of fun stuff to look at. Oh! Here's something cool....

Dernnit Chandler!!!! This is what it's like to travel with my teenagers! Gah! I was *trying* to get that awesome music machine over there on the right situated between the 2 ride turntables. They only had 1 turntable running, tho.

Darolyn & Ashley have the "I'm okay" signal DOWN!

I did a little Instagram video while the ride was running. For something so simple it's sooooo much FUN! You see Darolyn & Ashley in the tractor/trailer behind us.

I totally loved the Junkyard Jamoboree! I'm so glad we didn't skip it!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Back out in Carsland, the neon is like Christmas but BETTER.

The area was thinning out pretty good. It was 7:45 and the park closes at 8:00. What to do other than jump in a standby line before it shuts down??? Darolyn & Ashley wanted their last ride to be the best so there was nothing else to do but.....

KaCHOW!!!

Standby was posted at 45 minutes which was pretty spot-on.

Oh yes. Dusk is a beautiful time.

I filled some time with not-good photos.

Tried to get one of the cars going by.

The Cadillac Range is over there.

This one isn't too bad, I guess.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That ToT photopass photo is perfect! you almost look photoshop'd in! :)

The irony about Bugsland.. you mentioned at how it's perfect in every way. Westcoasters would tell you it's the scourge of the park and needs to go! They hate on it without even blinking. They don't respect all the theming and detail because they focus on it all just being little kid carny rides. I think it's one of the coolest looking places around.. but they can't get over the ride choices.

I love the popcicle stick benches :)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I did a little Instagram pic on-ride with one of the coolest little moments that unfolds so beautifully. If you don't want to spoil the surprise for yourself if you've never been on the Racers before, skip the next video.

I LOVE this ride!!!! It's the BEST!!! Darolyn & Ashley pointed out that this was gonna be extra cool because we had the perfect number of people to fill a car with no single riders with us! WooHOO! The fact that we got Sally's car was even better because this was definitely a ride for the awesome girls!!!!

When we were waiting for our on-ride pic to come up another WDWMagic'er introduced himself and his wife. I was soooo excited!!! I'm the worst with names ever in the history of the world. I feel like such a sub-par human for it, too. I want to say it was forest-something. I'm hoping he will read this, say something, then I can go back and edit him in. Then I can pretend I'm not sub-par and remembered! :p

On our way out we were all taken with the beauty of the range at night.

Remember I said that the awesome details totally multiply in Carsland??? They DO! Check out the adorable tail-light flowers in tire planters. Of course they light up, too!

Oh the neon! The neon is so amazing!

\

Carsland, I <3 you.

The park was closed and we could hear World of Color over in Paradise Pier. We decided to divide, conquer, and continue the fun! Darolyn & Ashley were off to grab their final purchases at World of Disney while the boys and I made a bee-line to Trader Sam's at our hotel to secure a table for 6. We needed to get a move on because once that show let out there would be more people vie'ing for the limited tables plus DL would be closed and those people might come over, too. Let's move!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom