GM Out, Cars In?

ewensell3

hmm... seeing that last months sales reports have listed Kia and Hyundai as the only profitable car companies, I'm thinking that's the only sponsorship option at this point.

Subaru's profitable as well, but their parent company (Toyota) overall lost money, so that's not likely.

Does it have to be a car company? What about Goodyear or Michelin? Car sales might have tanked, but people still need tires on their current cars.

Perhaps a combination of sponsors... Goodyear tires. Monroe shocks and struts. Champion spark plugs. Quaker State oil. Fits perfectly with how people are currently opting for repair instead of replace. Not to mention with a bunch of little sponsors, if one pulls out the entire ride isn't effected. Just find another sponsor to fill the gap.

The post show would be an AutoZone... :)

Edit - Although, I suppose the outside of the building would start to look like the side of a race car with all the sponsor decals.

jt04

Original Poster
Does it have to be a car company? What about Goodyear or Michelin? Car sales might have tanked, but people still need tires on their current cars.

Perhaps a combination of sponsors... Goodyear tires. Monroe shocks and struts. Champion spark plugs. Quaker State oil. Fits perfectly with how people are currently opting for repair instead of replace. Not to mention with a bunch of little sponsors, if one pulls out the entire ride isn't effected. Just find another sponsor to fill the gap.

The post show would be an AutoZone... :)

Edit - Although, I suppose the outside of the building would start to look like the side of a race car with all the sponsor decals.

Not a bad look if you ask me.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did you ever get to drive it? It was a sleeper, and on a performance level, put the competition to shame.

The G8 is what the GTO should've been
Yeah I have and you are right. One of the other parents at my girls karate school has one that he has been tricking out and without question it is a great ride. It just has one of the most boring looks of any car out there. It certainly does not have the look to carry the name GTO.

jt04

Original Poster
I am holding out what little faith I have left with the management team in Orlando. But, they haven't shown me much lately.

I think that may be why WDI in Orlando may see a bit more "quality control" in their "future world".

At least that is what I think (and hope) the "One Disney" reorg brings. Time will tell.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the info! But what is going to happend to the Preshow?:confused:
Manny, Moe and Jack from Pep boys will host it.

054497.1-lg.jpg

:lol:

GothMickey

I think that may be why WDI in Orlando may see a bit more "quality control" in their "future world".

At least that is what I think (and hope) the "One Disney" reorg brings. Time will tell.

Key word there is MAY. I bet they don't. The accountants will always have final say over everything.

ewensell3

Thanks for the info! But what is going to happend to the Preshow?:confused:

Much like now. Individual section for each sponsor showing how they test their products. Paint sponsor takes over the "paint test" (PPG??). The RF test room would be for the electronics sponsor (AC Delco??). The "battery" sponsor (Interstate??) could show what happens when you short the terminals.. KABOOM! (flame effect in an enclosed chamber) :)

In my opinion, it would actually be more educational than the current setup. When a person buys a car, they see the nameplate (GM, Chrysler, Toyota, whoever) and think nothing more of it. There are actually many vendors which make the individual parts that the nameplate brand merely assembles into one form.

Or something like that...

hokielutz

Horizons went down because at the end of its life it was dated, fairly unpopular and may have had structural issues. there's nothing wrong with the World of Motion building, and it is still a very popular ride. Besides removing the GM references, I don't see any reason to change the ride if no new sponsor could be found.

AcK!!! Don't say that on this board. The wrath of the Horizons fans will fall down upon thee, if thou ist not careful in thy critical writings of the passed attraction called Horizons. :rolleyes:

I think it is time for Disney to realize it has to be responsible for itself. Can this short-sighted raise profits/lower quality mindset go on much longer without ruining everything we once knew as Disney?

All the pavillions had sponsors since Epcot's openingk correct? With the exception of UoE in the recent past and WoL dying a slow death.

hokielutz

I think the lack of sponsorship is a problem with the sponsor bieng able to see return on investment by having their name on a Disney attraction. Does having HP sponsor Mission Space make you want to buy an HP PC over a DELL?

Isnt' the same true with having stadiums and ball parks named after companies?? In most cases, there isn't any direct business associated with naming a sports facility like FedEx Field (Redskins), Verizon Center (Caps & Wizards), etc. The Company name placement on these items hopes that those who visit will remember the name and maybe do future business (personal or corporate related) with that company.

In the case of GM, the cast members at the post-show are a bit more active at trying to drive business to GM by attempting to procure your e-mail address and other particulars for future sales offers.

SirGoofy

If Cars does go into TT, I'm done.

I'll be convinced that WDW management has lost ALL creativity and reason, and they have no idea what is best for these parks. I'll be done.

markjohns1

If Toyota gets sponsorship I wonder if we'll see all the managers buzzing around on an i-swing instead of the Segway. :lookaroun

Seriously though, I have to think things can only be improved by actually having a foward-thinking automaker sponsoring TT. It might make the post-show showroom actually feel like something deserving of being in Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom