give a day get a day is crap

llrain

Original Poster
Its great to get people to volunteer...but leave it to Disney to suck people into a free day.
Do people comprehend that in order to get that whoppin free day vauled at 80.00 they have to spend thousands of dollars on their trip to Disney...thats if they go for a week, the norm...just to get that free day

what a joke

xtina72

Well, no one is saying you have to do it...but the point was that if you are going to go to Disney anyway why not get a free day while doing something good in the process.

smk

Its great to get people to volunteer...but leave it to Disney to suck people into a free day.
Do people comprehend that in order to get that whoppin free day vauled at 80.00 they have to spend thousands of dollars on their trip to Disney...thats if they go for a week, the norm...just to get that free day

what a joke
You must have posted this to get into a fight. Why?

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I was already planning my trip for 2010, and I have thought many times about diving into the freezing ocean up here in the middle of February, and now because of this prgram, I will be raising money for my community, jumping into the freezing ocean, and getting 79$ towards my park tickets... if it werent for disney doing this then I probably would still just be thinking about doing this, now I will be raising money for my community by doing something that I have always thought about doing... Truthfully, I am glad that Disney did this because it gave me a swift kick in the butt to start doing this and i hope that after volunteering this time I will continue to do it year after year!!!

DisneyPrincess5

I see your point but I don't think Disney is banking on people spending travel money to take a 1 day vacation.
They're probably thinking people will volunteer, get their 1 day ticket, and end up making a longer vacation out of it.
I think it's a great way to get people involved in volunteering and Disney wins out too by attracting visitors.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm volunteering,and I'm not going to Disney.

I believe you can also donate your ticket to charity.
Yes you can donate.

Can I give the free ticket to someone else?
The ticket is non-transferable so you may not give it to someone else, but you may donate your ticket to one of the following non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks through this site:

• Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
  • Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
  • Dreams Take Flight Canada

Lee

Adventurer
Somebody clarify it for me, as I haven't read the rules.
If I spend a day volunteering for a Disney-approved charity, I am entitled to one single-park, single-day ticket?
I can just take my ticket, drive up there, spend the day, then leave?
Or is the OP saying that the ticket can only be used as part of a longer stay and not a quick day trip?
I can see myself potentially becoming very annoyed by this promotion.:rolleyes:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Somebody clarify it for me, as I haven't read the rules.
If I spend a day volunteering for a Disney-approved charity, I am entitled to one single-park, single-day ticket?
I can just take my ticket, drive up there, spend the day, then leave?
Or is the OP saying that the ticket can only be used as part of a longer stay and not a quick day trip?
I can see myself potentially becoming very annoyed by this promotion.:rolleyes:
It is very similar to the birthday promotion, only differences that I have seen is that u cant exchange the voucher for a gift card, and it has other alternatives if u already have an AP or multi day ticket. And of course the fact that u dont have to go ON your birthday to get the free day. I personally find this better than the birthday promotion, you actually have to do something to get the free day.

And to answer your actual question, it can be used for a quick day trip, or can be turned into a multi day ticket, just like the birthday voucher.

dweezil78

What a ridiculous thing to be upset about. I really hope you're just trying to get people riled up.

You don't have to use your ticket for anything more than the day you want to go into a park for free. In SoCal, there are tons of people who go the parks for a day. Don't forget, this isn't just for WDW.

SMRT-1

Do people comprehend that in order to get that whoppin free day vauled at 80.00 they have to spend thousands of dollars on their trip to Disney

it's a pretty good deal if your local and don't have a AP. plus, your doing some good.

raven

Gee, leave it to Disney to find a way to get people into the park, do something good for society and still be able to bring in money on the deal. What a dumb thing for a company to do, huh? :hammer::rolleyes:

scpergj

Hmm...I think somebody's got a case of the Mondays!! (late on Sunday night, but that's just a technicality)

DABIGCHEEZ

Yes you can donate.

Can I give the free ticket to someone else?
The ticket is non-transferable so you may not give it to someone else, but you may donate your ticket to one of the following non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks through this site:

• Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
  • Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
  • Dreams Take Flight Canada

... And then they can give your ticket to someone else! :D

DABIGCHEEZ

I have a question also since I didn't read any rules.

If I already have a say 7 day ticket... the only option is the special FPs, donating the ticket, or something else. I honestly hope we are not going this year:eek::zipit::eek:(been 11x in the past 10 years) but if we do... how does it apply to me purchasing a 7 day ticket before I go? Do I just pay the 6 day rate which is only a few bucks less?

I know it is probably like the Bday promo last year but I did not look into that either as it did not pertain to us.

stitch & lilo

i am all for volunteering and do it regularly, however, i live in a rural area and the closest disney approved activity that my under 12 kids can also do is 90 miles away! :mad: the closest for just me is 45 miles away. there are plenty of places i can and do help at, but they are not disney approved. so i guess i will just keep dreaming of a free day at wdw!

EpcotServo

Yeah, the standards have definitely increased for a free ticket this year. Now you have to work for it...last year all you had to do was be born.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom