Girl Hospitalised After Riding TOT!!!

mrtoad

I am finding the 2 bolts breaking on one of the cars in the past disturbing. I know that has nothing to do with this but it is in that story. That is pretty darn scary....

speck76

I somewhat feel bad to the thousands of other guests that did not get a chance to ride today, especially since the ride, most likely, has nothing wrong with it.

marypoppins68

TimonRulz said:
That's sad. :cry:

What is odd to me is the 77-year old woman that they say died on POTC. Weird. Was there a thread somewhere that had the story on that?

Here's more info on that. From WFTV http://www.wftv.com/news/4714145/detail.html

Two people have died at Disney World this year. A 4-year-old Pennsylvania boy, Daudi Bamuwamye, died June 13 after riding Epcot's "Mission: Space" and a 77-year-old Minnesota woman, Gloria Land, died in February after riding the Magic Kingdom's "Pirates of the Caribbean."

A medical examiner's report said Land was in poor health from diabetes and several ministrokes and her death "was not unexpected." The cause of the boy's death remains under investigation.

wdwishes2005

mrtoad said:
I am finding the 2 bolts breaking on one of the cars in the past disturbing. I know that has nothing to do with this but it is in that story. That is pretty darn scary....

that would be cool, i'm sure there are enough failsafes to keep you from ACTUALLY plunging thirteen stories to your death.

wdwishes2005

speck76 said:
I somewhat feel bad to the thousands of other guests that did not get a chance to ride today, especially since the ride, most likely, has nothing wrong with it.

i bet it was more out of respect for the family than anything, and i'm sure that the people who missed out understand.

GenieGirl

One thought (please don't flame....)

California has a commission that is required to check out rides when there is an accident, in Florida it is something optional that the parks do. Whether or not it does anything or not is questionable. Does Florida need it...maybe, if it will make people feel better.

Personally, I don't care, but am glad that Disney now lets people know when something happens on Disney property. I still find the magic and ride the rides and don't think the information impacts attendance that much, imho.

(running for cover now)

wdwishes2005

GenieGirl said:
One thought (please don't flame....)

California has a commission that is required to check out rides when there is an accident, in Florida it is something optional that the parks do. Whether or not it does anything or not is questionable. Does Florida need it...maybe, if it will make people feel better.

Personally, I don't care, but am glad that Disney now lets people know when something happens on Disney property. I still find the magic and ride the rides and don't think the information impacts attendance that much, imho.

(running for cover now)

don't worry im not going to flame you, i think that they need a commision to check out the rides, imho the disney imagineers are probably a heck of alot better.

speck76

wdwishes2005 said:
i bet it was more out of respect for the family than anything, and i'm sure that the people who missed out understand.

don't underestimate the selfishness of a tourist

peter11435

This is in no way a flame, just making a point.

The problem is that no state inspector could have the knowledge to inspect Disney attractions. Sure they could handle dumbo and some others, but they wouldn't have clue what the heck they were looking at when it comes to rides such as ToT, MS, TT, and many others. Also inspecting your attractions is not optional it is a must, having a govenment bosy inspect Disney parks would be crazy.

speck76

peter11435 said:
This is in no way a flame, just making a point.

The problem is that no state inspector could have the knowledge to inspect Disney attractions. Sure they could handle dumbo and some others, but they wouldn't have clue what the heck they were looking at when it comes to rides such as ToT, MS, TT, and many others. Also inspecting your attractions is not optional it is a must, having a govenment bosy inspect Disney parks would be crazy.

An inspector on the national level would only be worse

STGRhost

Sarcasm? I hope so - Disney wouldn't upset the thousands of other guests who want to ride the attraction out of respect for one girl who may or may not have been made sick (but not killed, as far as they knew/know) by the ride. And the other guests would likely NOT understand, as the CMs at ToT (and elsewhere) know better than to tell them WHY the ride is closed...if they even knew to begin with....

This:
Disneyworld has more visitors per year than most metropolitan airports. Yet nobody bats an eye if someone gets hurt in the concourse. Forgetting the intensity of the rides, it's just amazing that Disney has so few incidents considering the number of patrons they serve each year.
...should be pasted into EVERY thread about deaths at WDW.

People get sick there EVERY day. Alpha units are called EVERY day. Sometimes people die. Does that make it any less sad? Certainly not. Death is never easy. But it's part of life.

Disney does an excellent job of keeping that part of real life out of the guests fantasy time at WDW. But it's still there. It's likely the only reason this is in the news is the age of the girl, and the recent death at M:S. Were that farther in the past, and the victim a middle-aged woman, a trip to the hospital probably wouldn't even be local news...

Rotel1026

speck76 said:
don't underestimate the selfishness of a tourist

Unfortunately this is true of more than just tourists. I worked at a movie theater as an usher. A woman passed out inside one of the auditoriums so paramedics were called and took her away. While they were inside attending to her though, I had to keep the people waiting for the next showing outside. Even after announcing out loud what was going on, I kept getting people coming up to me making rude comments about how we better not start the movie before they got to go inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom