Girl Hospitalised After Riding TOT!!!

peter11435 said:
No your opinion is just as important. However this is not the time or the place for this discussion. And the fact of the matter is there is never a time for bashing anothers opinions, which is all you have done in this tread.

Amen peter11435

wdwishes2005

thank you jcat and peter. like i said, if you have something against God, fine, just start a thread in chit chat.

lets get back to the issue at hand.

mrtoad

beanboon said:
So your opinion is more important than mine?

I'm am pretty sure that the owner of the site has asked on several occassions to keep both politics and religion out of the discussions is all. Everyone has different beliefs and that is fine but they have not thing to do with the actual discussion at hand...

aloha2308

Thoughts to her and her family...

:( It is so unfortunate that as many people have posted, this will at least forever taint Disney magic for her family. I really hope that she recovers, and my prayers are with her and her family.

It is, however, also unfortunate that the news stations are using this family's pain and suffering for ratings. Not unlike the St. Petersburg Times "Expose" on theme park safety about a month ago, the media as a whole is wholly unconcerned with this poor girl and her family, they already are jumping on the fact that theme parks aren't regulated by any state regulatory agencies. As if the state has people who are experts at this sort of thing. If there are any engineering experts for this, we tend to refer to them as "Imaginears" around the WDW Resort, and I'm sure most, if not all are employed with the theme parks, because really, where else would they be? The media picks on places like Disney, because to be truthful, Walt's idealism and his belief that the world didn't have to be so bad, and that there will always be happiness and magic at Disney, coupled with his drive to create somewhere that would live up to the most rigorous of his personal standards. When you set the bar that high, unfortunately people wait for you to miss the mark. It's also important to keep in mind, to be truly objective, that just because the condition is pre-existing, doesn't mean that the person knows about it. My grandfather had an aneurism in his neck, that probably had been there most of his life, that he was unaware of until he was getting cancer treatments and they found it. Unfotunately for him, it was too late, but I'm hoping that he'll help to keep a healing eye on this poor girl from where ever he may be.

Since we all know to expect this sort of negative frenzy, I agree that it would be wonderful if we were able to wish her well, and keep our thoughts with her and her family, because as Disney fans, we know what is really important about this whole situation.

t3techcom18

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that the local news will be on in a half hour at five, I'm a local here in Orlando, so if anything new is in it concerning this, I'll go ahead and report it here.

Also, let's not lose sight that this is a grave situation and it needs to be respected anf to be focused on this situation and no other ones, such as this fighting. This is not a good time to fight or even to say something different other than the main topic. Please stay on topic, and hope for the best for the girl and this family.

Thank you, Fernando

that_L_do_pig

Since1976 said:
You have to wonder whether all of this (IMO unwarranted) negative publicity over Disney's thrill rides will lead to a rebirth of slow-moving Omnimover attractions. Horizons, World of Motion, anyone?

Actually, i just finished reading 'Mouse Tales' and the people mover has caused way more serious injuries than other attractions in DL's 50 years...

nyfrenchy

Since1976 said:
You have to wonder whether all of this (IMO unwarranted) negative publicity over Disney's thrill rides will lead to a rebirth of slow-moving Omnimover attractions. Horizons, World of Motion, anyone?

Not really, since a 77 years old died on the slow moving POC earlier this year....

wdwishes2005

that_L_do_pig said:
Actually, i just finished reading 'Mouse Tales' and the people mover has caused way more serious injuries than other attractions in DL's 50 years...
see my grad nite thread, dl's people mover has caused 2-3 deaths on grad nites.

SpenceMan01

DisneyGuyJake said:
http://www.local6.com/news/4713504/detail.html

Theres been a slight update:
[font=Arial, Helvetica]The Associated Press reports that the teen's name is Leanne Deacon
[/font]

Two people have died at Disney World this year. A 4-year-old Pennsylvania boy, Daudi Bamuwamye, died June 13 after riding Epcot's "Mission: Space" and a 77-year-old Minnesota woman, Gloria Land, died in February after riding the Magic Kingdom's "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Florida's major theme parks are not directly regulated by the state, and instead have their own inspectors.

Gotta love how they throw those in to scare the general public. :rolleyes:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Leanne and her family.

TiggerBW

This is part of the update on the Orlando Sentinel website:

Walt Disney World released a statement expressing the company's concern for the family and said it is "working with them to provide whatever assistance they need."

The statement also said the Orange County Sheriff's Office concluded an initial investigation and found no indication of a ride malfunction. The Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Fair Rides and Exhibitions has been notified and will monitor the ride safety inspection, the statement said.

t3techcom18

The news just reported that she went into cardiac arrest, and it says she didn't feel well before getting on, and that she was shaking and everything when they got her out of the ride, and she collapsed after that happened. Right now, they doctors say she is stablizied, and the doctors are monitoring her, and will need a help of neurosurgeon.

Let's still all hope and pray for the best.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Interestingly enough, on the Orlando Sentinel site earlier today the words 'heart failure' were in bold letters, on their front page. Definitely sounds like scare tactics to me.

The last thing theme parks in general need is government intervention. A bloated beauracracy is the farthest thing from effective I can think of in these cases. Riders need to use common sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom