Girl Hospitalised After Riding TOT!!!

brich

beanboon said:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by hakunamatata
You know, one time I walked through the turnstiles at the MK and was stricken with a horendous case of pink eye immediatley upon entering. :lookaroun
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

I thought it was funny. Funny enough to chuckle out loud even.
Not surprised.... :rolleyes:

mrtoad

beanboon said:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by hakunamatata
You know, one time I walked through the turnstiles at the MK and was stricken with a horendous case of pink eye immediatley upon entering. :lookaroun

Don't get me wrong, I think it wrong for Disney to be blamed for something like this. It could happen anywhere at anytime and in fact better there then behind the wheel of a car.

I just don't think when someone is dying, or dead people should joke about it is all.

beanboon said:
Quote:

It is funny but I think its bad taste to post it in a thread about someone in the hospital.

FatRatGus

jcat2312 said:
I totally agree with you. Disney is going to get the full blame on this one again.....I just hope that people will not buy into the media saying that Disney is not safe like they did the last time....

I'm actually hoping that it *DOES* scare off about 43% of all the people who were planning to go the same week as me! :lol:

On a more serious note, I feel for her family; this accident will probably forever taint at least THEIR views of WDW and the "magic" it holds. :(

WDWKat26

But the main point is, is that she was being treated for a PRE-EXISTING medical condition. The boy who died on M:S had no reason that anyone knew of. This sounds like something that was aggrivated by the ride.

Since1976

You have to wonder whether all of this (IMO unwarranted) negative publicity over Disney's thrill rides will lead to a rebirth of slow-moving Omnimover attractions. Horizons, World of Motion, anyone?

wannabeBelle

beanboon said:
What good will that do?
In times of crisis among my family & friends we pray for each other to show our love, support, and faith in something larger than ourselves. It is a source of comfort to the family as well as a way of showing respect. Belle

wdwishes2005

TheOneVader said:
Ugh, I'm starting to feel sorry for Disney, after all these recent incidents.

me too.

sounds like the girl either

a. had a pre existing condition.

b. should'nt have been on ToT to begin with.

i hope this turns out well for the girl and ToT

speck76

DisneyGuyJake said:
It is funny but I think its bad taste to post it in a thread about someone in the hospital.

the grave is not something to tip-toe gently towards...and taste is very subjective

tigsmom

WDWKat26 said:
But the main point is, is that she was being treated for a PRE-EXISTING medical condition. The boy who died on M:S had no reason that anyone knew of. This sounds like something that was aggrivated by the ride.

Just a thought here, but did anybody stop to think that maybe she was here on some sort of "Make A Wish" trip? Going to WDW could have been one of her last wishes.

Like I said, just a thought.

speck76

Since1976 said:
You have to wonder whether all of this (IMO unwarranted) negative publicity over Disney's thrill rides will lead to a rebirth of slow-moving Omnimover attractions. Horizons, World of Motion, anyone?

probably not.....

WDWKat26

tigsmom said:
Just a thought here, but did anybody stop to think that maybe she was here on some sort of "Make A Wish" trip? Going to WDW could have been one of her last wishes.

I'm sure they would have reported that she was a Make a Wish Child or "Give Kids the World" child, because that would be a key reason as to why she got so ill after riding ToT. But they didn't report that, so maybe she did have a pre-existing med. condition but wasn't Make A Wish. A lot of kids are like that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
tigsmom said:

That would be horrible! However, I think that if that were the case, it would've been brought up already. The media would eat it up.

Sidenote: I've been on a Make-A-Wish trip (accompanying my wife, who was taking care of the Wish child), and he nearly died 2 days into the trip; he had to be airlifted home. Thankfully, he's doing better than he has in years, and they make annual trips back to WDW (with us accompanying them, of course!).

wdwishes2005

I don't know if the fact that she wasn't feeling well or she had a headache had anything to do with what happend, although it may. after going on ToT many times in a row, i had a fairly severe headache and i felt fairly sick, but i was fine after a sit down and a coke.

My thought and prayers are with her and her family.

One thing I have to add is why is it the 1st thing the news reports is the ride is closed and they are checking it for any problems? I mean seriously, think of how many hundreds of thousands if not millions of people have been on these rides in the past years without incident...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom