GF DVC Site Plan?

ryanduggers

I don't know where this looks like DVC to so many people. If it is styled like the Poly it would clash with the GF and visa-versa.

I see a 1 or 2 story reception hall, probably with a full kitchen, that way the logistics of their weddings will be much simpler.

my 2 cents. flame away.

I said "most" of the rooms are on the outside. Much of the inside of the rooms are confined to the two towers that bump out.

I guess I missed that word. I wondered how the uber planmaster and DVC member could have missed that. I was curious the difference between the inside and outside and there are 14 two bedroom equivalents on the outside and 8 on the inside that are in three segments(facing bay lake, facing south side and facing north side).

Buried20KLeague

I don't know where this looks like DVC to so many people. If it is styled like the Poly it would clash with the GF and visa-versa.

I see a 1 or 2 story reception hall, probably with a full kitchen, that way the logistics of their weddings will be much simpler.

my 2 cents. flame away.

Not sure why you're worried about being flamed... Seems like civil discussion to me. :shrug:

Here's the post that certainly seems proof to me that it all works out to be DVC:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4500524&postcount=74

Pioneer Hall

They need something to sell that people actually want.:drevil:

I think that AKL would have done better if it was given a bit more time without BLT being there. SSR is another story unfortunately and I don't see how they are going to sell that resort out anytime in the near future if they keep offering any other options.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that AKL would have done better if it was given a bit more time without BLT being there. SSR is another story unfortunately and I don't see how they are going to sell that resort out anytime in the near future if they keep offering any other options.
I would agree. If DVC fit my travel habits I would buy at AKL in a second as it is my favorite resort by far.

dreamfinder

I think they have realized some of the SSR flaws. Building the new CS option/pool area may help a bit. But the overall setup at that resort is just screwy to begin with. Nothing terribly intriguing about the theme or location.

I think once they add a few more services to Kidani, I think the sales there will go up as well.

Pioneer Hall

I think they have realized some of the SSR flaws. Building the new CS option/pool area may help a bit. But the overall setup at that resort is just screwy to begin with. Nothing terribly intriguing about the theme or location.

I think once they add a few more services to Kidani, I think the sales there will go up as well.

While a nice resort, SSR just doesn't have the appeal of a true deluxe resort. The size of the resort, subdued theme, and distance from the theme parks just doesn't make it as appealing. I think they also shot themselves in the foot by requiring a good amount more points for staying there over OKW.

Kidani is very nice, but I do agree that it could use a little more in terms of ammenities. A quick service location of any sort would be a great addition...but I don't see this in the cards at all. There hasn't been a whisper about any additions to Kidani.

My two cents on DVC. It works for us. Kidani is a great resort and the bus service is great for DVC guests at Kidani because all but the Downtown busses stop at Kidani first. Less chance of not getting on a bus that way. Nice perk! The service provided by the staff at the front desk was very underwhelming however, maybe we just had an off week for the staff. Too many screw ups too mention. The views of the private savannah are awesome and not very crowded, nice pictures! Room size is way above my expectations, though the clear glass showers suck when you have little kids.
As for a Grand Floridian DVC...I'm a bit confused why they would build it within the next three to four years as they are currently trying to sell Hawaii DVC for the next three years. A GF DVC would drastically hurt those sales IMO. More options for DVC are obviously better, so if it is built and it doesn't take away from the Poly-GF seperation of themes, nor does it make Bay Lake look too cluttered, all is good with me.

Buried20KLeague

My two cents on DVC. It works for us. Kidani is a great resort and the bus service is great for DVC guests at Kidani because all but the Downtown busses stop at Kidani first. Less chance of not getting on a bus that way. Nice perk! The service provided by the staff at the front desk was very underwhelming however, maybe we just had an off week for the staff. Too many screw ups too mention. The views of the private savannah are awesome and not very crowded, nice pictures! Room size is way above my expectations, though the clear glass showers suck when you have little kids.
As for a Grand Floridian DVC...I'm a bit confused why they would build it within the next three to four years as they are currently trying to sell Hawaii DVC for the next three years. A GF DVC would drastically hurt those sales IMO. More options for DVC are obviously better, so if it is built and it doesn't take away from the Poly-GF seperation of themes, nor does it make Bay Lake look too cluttered, all is good with me.

My guess is that they don't belive the two properties (Hawaii and the GF) are going to hamper each other's sales numbers.

I imagine they think the GF will sell out relatively quickly like the Grand Californian did.

Tom

Beta Return
I guess I missed that word. I wondered how the uber planmaster and DVC member could have missed that. I was curious the difference between the inside and outside and there are 14 two bedroom equivalents on the outside and 8 on the inside that are in three segments(facing bay lake, facing south side and facing north side).

There are indeed more inside rooms the higher you go in the building, while the lower floors (especially the first floor) have fewer. The inside rooms are primarily in those two towers, and then the ones you mention that face Bay Lake, on the inside of the bottom of the "U".

They still have plenty of AKL and SSR points that they need to sell.

And probably will for a long time...

They need something to sell that people actually want.:drevil:

Indeed. We bought SSR when we bought in because they were cheap! We sacrifice 11-month bookings because we'll never stay at SSR, but it was a bargain. They gave us all kinds of incentives for buying there in 2008.

edit: that is someones interpretation of a floor plan, it proves nothing....

Yes, it is my interpretation of the likely floorplan. Indeed, it does not prove anything.

However, based on all of the information given, there is a 99.9% chance it's a DVC Hotel.

* They mention in their permit application that it will be a 6 or 7-story building. That means it will have 6 or 7 floors - much unlike a building with large/tall ballrooms, which would just be a tall building, with 1 or 2 stories.

* It has a driveway with a drop off area under a porte cochere, much like every other hotel.

* There are balconies drawn, and the posts on the balconies fit the exact dimensions of their current DVC design specifications.

* The building wings fit the exact dimensions of their current DVC design specifications.

mmwalker

IMHO, Hawaii DVC would not appeal to most WDW visitors. They need to always have a viable Florida option.

dreamfinder

While a nice resort, SSR just doesn't have the appeal of a true deluxe resort. The size of the resort, subdued theme, and distance from the theme parks just doesn't make it as appealing. I think they also shot themselves in the foot by requiring a good amount more points for staying there over OKW.

I think the size of the resort is one of the main reasons why OKW and SSR are both usually under occupied. If I am paying deluxe prices, I want the benefits of a deluxe. Short walk to services, everything fairly convenient to all rooms, etc. This is clearly obvious with BW, BC, AKL, and VWL. Even BLT isn't that far to services that the tower itself is lacking.

Building a DVC wing at GF would still keep most services fairly close. Admittedly the services are on the far side of the building, but still. And it's all about the address. Being able to say you own at GF would be a huge selling point.

I am slightly disappointed in the reported 6/7 story building. Any new buildings should be in the same theme/style as existing buildings. The other wings are all 3 floors? Build this the same. No need to go bigger except greed. So what if it costs 3-4 times the points per room stay. The GF itself costs a fair amount more to stay there than the other deluxes. Quick glance shows $50 more per night minimum up to a few thousand. So pass the costs in higher point levels. Keeps everyone happy. Keeps the riff raff out of the GF, keeps the overall look intact, but still lets DVC owners with small point contracts bank and borrow to stay there.

Pioneer Hall

Seems like it might have just been your luck with the staff at the desk. When I was there in January, they were terrific. Someone met me outside the main lobby doors and greeted me by name when I arrived off the ME bus to check me in. Then when I had to send a UPS envelope later in the week, one of the CM's took my label and contents and took care of packaging and sending the envelope for me. Unfortunately, with every big company there are bound to be a few rotten apples in the bunch.

Tom

Beta Return
I am slightly disappointed in the reported 6/7 story building. Any new buildings should be in the same theme/style as existing buildings. The other wings are all 3 floors? Build this the same. No need to go bigger except greed. So what if it costs 3-4 times the points per room stay. The GF itself costs a fair amount more to stay there than the other deluxes. Quick glance shows $50 more per night minimum up to a few thousand. So pass the costs in higher point levels. Keeps everyone happy. Keeps the riff raff out of the GF, keeps the overall look intact, but still lets DVC owners with small point contracts bank and borrow to stay there.

Most, if not all, of the current GF buildings are technically 5 stories. There are 4 with balconies and a 5th with dormer windows (unless those are just the tops of suites - I don't know, I've never been in them). Regardless, they're at least 4 stories with steep roofs.

Seems like it might have just been your luck with the staff at the desk. When I was there in January, they were terrific. Someone met me outside the main lobby doors and greeted me by name when I arrived off the ME bus to check me in. Then when I had to send a UPS envelope later in the week, one of the CM's took my label and contents and took care of packaging and sending the envelope for me. Unfortunately, with every big company there are bound to be a few rotten apples in the bunch.

A lot of CPers were earning their ears the first week of February, and service was dreadful. We were at the WL villas and we had family staying at one of the treehouses - and all of us experienced terrible check-in processes. In fact, our family members almost didn't have a room because the girl "pushed a wrong button". It took an act of congress (mgmt) to fix it.

I've never been greeted at the DME bus, let alone by name. Did you call ahead? :lol:

Pioneer Hall

Most, if not all, of the current GF buildings are technically 5 stories. There are 4 with balconies and a 5th with dormer windows (unless those are just the tops of suites - I don't know, I've never been in them). Regardless, they're at least 4 stories with steep roofs.

A lot of CPers were earning their ears the first week of February, and service was dreadful. We were at the WL villas and we had family staying at one of the treehouses - and all of us experienced terrible check-in processes. In fact, our family members almost didn't have a room because the girl "pushed a wrong button". It took an act of congress (mgmt) to fix it.

I've never been greeted at the DME bus, let alone by name. Did you call ahead? :lol:

No, and I have to say that I was quite impressed. I arrived at around 1030am and the check in area was relatively empty, but it was a nice gesture none the less. I suppose that either they followed the time that my flight was due to arrive, or the scanners at the ME area now are sending a signal to the resort when a guest has checked in and that they should be expecting them soon. Either way, it was a very nice touch and definitely made me feel unique (even if the other group getting off the bus with me got the same treatment).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom