GF DVC Site Plan?

DVCrockett

How did OP come across said images?

Is the OP's original image a .pdf from the Orange County Comptroller's website?

Well, OP likely got the link to my images from one of my posts on another board as I originally put these up elsewhere (disboards, dvcnews, mouseowners) on 3/17 when I discovered them on the South Florida Water Management District site.

They are from .pdf files of documentation filed with the state for this project.

You can find them at http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/levelthree/permits

You will need to go to ePermitting and search for "Application/Permit" and then specify "Project 2011-1" for Project Name and run it for dates beginning with March 1st, 2011. Currently it should pull up two filings - one from March 7th and one from March 16th. The March 7th filing is the one I got the plans from.

bgraham34

There are advantages to buying through Disney, but the resale market is definitely the way to go for the best price.

I think the Disney resale prices are in the high '80s for most resorts and mid to high '90s for Beach Club. However, for an OKW contract, Disney may have paid in the $50s.

Dirk

Yeah I paid $90 but I got the points that minute to use, plus I got the 15 year extension.

DVCrockett, I followed the link with no luck. The most recent thing posted was March 16, 2011, and that was for a Typhoon Lagoon Second Entrance.

Is there another link?

DVCrockett

DVCrockett, I followed the link with no luck. The most recent thing posted was March 16, 2011, and that was for a Typhoon Lagoon Second Entrance.

Is there another link?

Thanks cnfdrate1, the link to the actual filing was an expiring link and timed out.

I've edited the earlier post with the link to the main permits page and included instructions on how to find the documents I found last week.

Pioneer Hall

And that's the best advantage to buying direct from Disney - you get your points right away!

Dirk

Even though it took me nearly 2 months when all was said and done, the $6,000 extra in my pocket going through resale was (to me) a much better advantage than getting to book an immediate reservation.

awilliams4

And that's the best advantage to buying direct from Disney - you get your points right away!

Dirk

Plus you can use a Credit Card for Credit Card rewards. And you can get double the points on a new resort, we did each time we purchased a BLT contract. Plus you can get your contracts broken down for selling later if needed, DVD allowed us to have our 290 points at BLT broken down into 9 contracts. (50, 50, 30, 30, 30, 25, 25, 25, 25)

Plus no closing costs (I have read that may be changing) plus you get the Use Year you want, plus............

Some say there is NO reason to buy direct. I bought mine in June of 2009 for $96 per point, you consider double points at $10 per point, I got $290 off, plus 1% in Disney Dollars because I used a Disney Chase Card, plus no closing costs, I believe my actual price per point was closer to $92 per point.

mrerk

Premium Member
Oh and I'm pretty sure they can squeeze a DVC into the Poly just as they've done at GF. It won't be pretty but it'll go between the main buildings and the luau.

Excuse my poor MS Paint "skills".

picture.php

If they wanted to build VPR (Villas at the Polynesian Resort) the Luau would be gone or relocated to the beach near Sunset Point.

I can't imagine the Luau takes in anywhere near the $$ that VPR would.

mrerk

Premium Member
My two cents on DVC. It works for us. Kidani is a great resort and the bus service is great for DVC guests at Kidani because all but the Downtown busses stop at Kidani first. Less chance of not getting on a bus that way. Nice perk! The service provided by the staff at the front desk was very underwhelming however, maybe we just had an off week for the staff. Too many screw ups too mention. The views of the private savannah are awesome and not very crowded, nice pictures! Room size is way above my expectations, though the clear glass showers suck when you have little kids.
As for a Grand Floridian DVC...I'm a bit confused why they would build it within the next three to four years as they are currently trying to sell Hawaii DVC for the next three years. A GF DVC would drastically hurt those sales IMO. More options for DVC are obviously better, so if it is built and it doesn't take away from the Poly-GF seperation of themes, nor does it make Bay Lake look too cluttered, all is good with me.

I don't think that FL would be their primary focus for Hawaii. California and Japan I could see. They will need something to sell for the rest of us.

Although I would love to visit Hawaii, I don't see myself buying there. It's just too far away for those of us on the east coast.

828tnt

Is there another link?

wow! maybe this deserves some attention too? anyone have any details on it?

juniorthomas

Well, OP likely got the link to my images from one of my posts on another board as I originally put these up elsewhere (disboards, dvcnews, mouseowners) on 3/17 when I discovered them on the South Florida Water Management District site.

They are from .pdf files of documentation filed with the state for this project.

You can find them at http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/levelthree/permits

You will need to go to ePermitting and search for "Application/Permit" and then specify "Project 2011-1" for Project Name and run it for dates beginning with March 1st, 2011. Currently it should pull up two filings - one from March 7th and one from March 16th. The March 7th filing is the one I got the plans from.

Ut oh.

Pioneer Hall

Plus you can use a Credit Card for Credit Card rewards. And you can get double the points on a new resort, we did each time we purchased a BLT contract. Plus you can get your contracts broken down for selling later if needed, DVD allowed us to have our 290 points at BLT broken down into 9 contracts. (50, 50, 30, 30, 30, 25, 25, 25, 25)

Plus no closing costs (I have read that may be changing) plus you get the Use Year you want, plus............

Some say there is NO reason to buy direct. I bought mine in June of 2009 for $96 per point, you consider double points at $10 per point, I got $290 off, plus 1% in Disney Dollars because I used a Disney Chase Card, plus no closing costs, I believe my actual price per point was closer to $92 per point.

The extra points really are a sales tactic that Disney uses to make things sound better than they are. You don't actually get extra points, you just get the points you are entitled to for the year. If you were to buy an April use year tomorrow then you are going to get the points you are entitled to for 2010 since you are still in that use year. Then you would get 2011 as normal. You paid for those points, but DVC likes to make it sound like they are giving them to you as a bonus. The only thing they MAY do to entice you a bit is give you a banking deadline if you are passed your current one. So if you were to still buy that April use year (even though they would try to give you another one at this point) they might let you still bank those points to 2011 even though you are past that deadline.

Bork Bork

Original Poster
How did OP come across said images?

I stumbled upon the plans on the 17th browsing recent posts on Flickr. The original link I posted is the page I found. After seeing the plan, I immediately came to WDWMagic to see the real scoop on this. Since nothing had been posted, I PMed a respected member here and he said I hit a "gold mine."

So I started a new thread with the info I had. I'm no insider. I'm mostly a lurker. But I love WDW and am a happy DVC owner.

If I did something wrong in starting the thread, please let me know. I meant no harm and had no ill intent. In fact, I'm glad DVCrockett finally got props for finding the plans.

I'll go back to lurking now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom