George K to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013

Lee

Adventurer
Well, new rumors of that soap opera being cancelled and being replaced by even worse shoe horning have once again reared their ugly head. If true, the imagineers are going to really have to earn that name.
Uh-oh....I haven't heard that.
I need to get back in the loop on that whole mess...

gonnichi

Ewok Habitat

Could it really be an Ewok Village? I don't think trying to put Star Wars in AK would work very well at all, lol. It needs to go into the studios park. If this were to be true it would show how scared TWDC realy is over Potter. After saying this I also think it would be cool to go to Endor and ride on Speeder bikes! lol

Maerj

Could it really be an Ewok Village? I don't think trying to put Star Wars in AK would work very well at all, lol. It needs to go into the studios park. If this were to be true it would show how scared TWDC realy is over Potter. After saying this I also think it would be cool to go to Endor and ride on Speeder bikes! lol

It *could* work, I think. But, I would rather see all Star Wars attractions in one place. It makes more sense to have an all-encompassing Star Wars area rather than have it spread around here and there.

Also... a Speeder Bike ride would be awesome!!

TP2000

Al survived before George and he'll be just fine without him ... and that's if George stops filtering info to him (this isn't a direct deal where they meet for lunch at the Santa Ana Olive Garden in a booth near the back).

Of course they aren't meeting at the Santa Ana Olive Garden. They meet at the Mall of Orange Olive Garden on Tustin Avenue. They both love the breadsticks.

I've been reading Al Lutz since the late 1990's, at his various websites. His sources go back to before George K. was in Anaheim for the first time in 2000-01, and there were some truly great scoops by Lutz in the interim years alone of 2003-09 when George K. was nowhere near California. (Lutz scooped.... 50th plans, Disneyland cleanup of '04-'05, Submarine drama, Pirates Lair, DCA Makeover: what it consisted of and the dates it would be announced and then opened, Characters going in Small World, even some trashy celebrity dish back then like Lindsay Lohan being drunk and high during her 18th birthday visit, etc., etc., etc.)

Several of those Lutz scoops were vehemently denied online by various "insiders" and "experts", the Pirates Lair and Small World characters scoops by Lutz were the most memorable examples. But then a few months went by and Disney actually announced they were doing the stuff Lutz said they were going to, and the "insiders" fell silent.

The most recent example of that type of thing is Lutz saying Tokyo Disneyland is seriously considering replacing their Rivers of America section of Frontierland with a full Cars Land clone. That one came out of nowhere. Some insiders deny that to the end of their bandwidth, but we'll have to see what gets announced later in 2013.

BigThunderMatt

Who's driving this train? Star Wars would be an even worse fit in DAK than Avatar. Didn't think that was possible.

If they try to shoehorn Star Wars into DAK when they've got a just as desperate park down the road where it would make perfect sense I'll lose complete faith in TDO, and for that matter WDI, for losing the last shred of dignity they have putting something that has no business at DAK into DAK.

G00fyDad

I can't remember, are the Ewoks from either Naboo or Dagobah?

:confused: o_O :confused:
tumblr_lm8c5quyaJ1qjnyi0.gif

NoChesterHester

Then no. Not an Ewok habitat.

Dagobah could work. I could see that working.

The obvious problem with Star Wars Land at the Studios is the lack of expansion space on the side of the park that Star Tours is located on. Nothing is impossible, but the effort involved to crate a mini land there is significant.

Disneyhead'71

Dagobah could work. I could see that working.

The obvious problem with Star Wars Land at the Studios is the lack of expansion space on the side of the park that Star Tours is located on. Nothing is impossible, but the effort involved to crate a mini land there is significant.
I wouldn't expect anything more than Mos Eisley Cantina, Jedi Training Academy, and some major placemaking around Star Tours.

TP2000

Of course it is. I saw a months-old picture of Joe Rohde and James Cameron looking serious and standing around a bland, nondescript model.

Looks like everything's on track.

It wasn't just a "bland, nondescript model" as you suggest.

It was a legit model made of green Styrofoam, with obvious contours in the Styrofoam that evoked a gentle rise in elevation akin to a good mini golf course on I-Drive. And there was at least one small tan building about the size of a decent snack bar near Tom Staggs elbow in that picture.

It was green Styrofoam! And there was a snack bar! The Styrofoam had contours! Avatarland lives! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom