Gay Days

Scuttle

Ok I'm thinking of planning a trip june 3-6, but I know it's during gay days. What is gay days like? Do the gays have flags and all that over the top stuff or what? I know Disney does not advertise it or even acknowledge it, so I am curious to get some insider info.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Lol Well when there are 25,000 Gay males in 1 place at one time the odds tend to be a little higher. I assumed you knew this was a thread about "GAY DAY" and not "EVERY DAY"

On a serious note, if you were "Hit On" I am sure it wasn't by every single man in the park.

If it was a person who made you feel uncomfortable and they were acting inappropriately then you should report them as I am sure they would be made to leave.

I am sure that this would be the same case for a male or a female, gay or straight as it should be for anybody making unwanted sexual advances.

Upvote 0

Yoop33

I read it, and understood it. I just don't usually buy into the whole "It's okay for me to say this, and my viewpoint is valid, because my best friend is (fill in the minority noun)." Sorry...
Agreed.. I dont like when people play that card either. But I was playing it in a bit of a different example.. Im not saying anything harsh and claiming its ok because I have gay friends.
Anyway, I think its safe to say this thread got hijacked and i am tired of debating to the wrong crowed.. sooo... Its been fun

Can I get you a Fastpass or Space Mountain or maybe Splash Mountain? Opps...I forgot..you weren't a guest....[/QUOTE]

And I have no idea what this means but i appreciate the offer... I think..

Upvote 0

misterID

Pleasure = Pleaure Island . . . Disney does not make people change their shirts unless they are profane . . .

Magic Kingdom by day, Pleasure Island by night. The shirt would have to say something A LOT worse or infringe on copyrights for there to be any sort of issue.

Oh, I know what they meant. Disney was still upset with it for the double entendre and made them change it. They also gave away t-shirts to people who wore red shirts that day.

Upvote 0

Yoop33

Are you sure you work for Disney? Haha :p

The quick fix for any guest complaint in Guest Relations is fast passes...

lol Nice... In that case, The water tasted funny, its too hot, there is rain in the forecast and the 3 o'clock parade didnt show up where I was standing at 3 o'clock... Do I get a free nights stay and some fast passes??

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we went during gay pride week about 6 years ago and had a blast. we always wear tiaras etc...when we go and there were men and women doing the same but we've never had a more fun week. no ones going to hit on anyone...it's disney so unless your gods gift get over yourself, your no more likely to get hit on there than anywhere else.

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

I've said this before - I have no problem with any race, creed, sexual preference, religion, etc (except Brazilian Tour Groups :mad:). However, I'll never for the life of me understand the point of gathering in a public place to show who you are to others . As long as you are comfortable in your own skin, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks?

I can ALMOST understand Night Of Joy as this is a Disney sponsored event and there are special events taking place. But to want to make a point of saying "I'm gay", "I'm Catholic", "I'm Jewish", "I'm white", "I'm black" - It just doesn't make sense to me. Just be human.

Same, which is why I'm not in the GSA at my school. Just don't see the point :shrug:

Upvote 0

JustInTime

Agreed.. I dont like when people play that card either. But I was playing it in a bit of a different example.. Im not saying anything harsh and claiming its ok because I have gay friends.
Anyway, I think its safe to say this thread got hijacked and i am tired of debating to the wrong crowed.. sooo... Its been fun

Can I get you a Fastpass or Space Mountain or maybe Splash Mountain? Opps...I forgot..you weren't a guest....

It takes one person to ruin a thread...

Upvote 0

Rob562

So very true especially regarding the AC. I have often maintained that AC during gay days should have been included in the Disney top 10.

It also helped that among the people that I had befriended that weekend and was hanging out at the AC with, was an off-duty Cast Member who sometimes bartended at the AC.
Needless to say, the Club Members picked on our table a lot. ;)

It was also great to see Pamelia having some minor wig issues, and finally just saying "screw this" and take the wig off for the rest of the evening, "coming out" to show her true self, and show her real hair pulled back into a little "nubbin" ;)

As an AC fan who knew the "script" of the evening pretty well, it made it even more fun knowing where the Cast went *waaaay* off-script. There are only a few times in my life where I have laughed so hard.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Raven66

I wouldn't want to see anyone making out, doing some heavy petting or wearing shorty shorts no matter who they were. Gay, straight, black, white or purple with yellow polka dots. And unfortunately we have seen that in Disney and they were straight. I just said hey, there are kids around move it to your room.:lol:

We have taught our daughter to respect all people. Just a short story. We live in a community that is highly racist and biggoted. If we had known how bad they were, we might have lived somewhere else. Anyway, there was a young(college age) African American man that came to my daughter's school to do some sort of presentation. After he was done, he went around to shake the hands of the kids in the class. NO ONE would shake his hand. My daughter walked up to him, stuck her hand out and shook it. He thanked her. And she was very sad that they all treated this man that way. I guess the moral is that children learn from their parents. If you take them to Gay Days and let them know that there is nothing wrong then they will know to treat people with respect and kindness. I also worked with a girl who wouldn't even let a lesbian couple adopt one of the puppies she had. I was appalled by this. I know the story is a little off topic, but I figured respect is respect.

Upvote 0

draybook

I don't want to go during Gay Days either but hey, it's WDW, everyone deserves to have fun there(as well as everywhere else). I mean who am I to judge? When DL opened, I probably would have either been denied access or at least eyeballed the whole day, being Hispanic with long hair.

My only complaint is people not behaving themselves at the parks, no matter who or what they are. I even spotted some of the MiceChat folks there in 09, but didn't have a chance to say hello.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Thank you for keeping this discussion civil.

Please remember the rule against personal attacks, and also remember that when you make negative remarks about any group as a whole, individual members of that group might take it personally. So don't be surprised if things get heated, but don't be surprised if I choose to throw water on the fire. ;)

I've been during Gay Days with my children, and I don't recall any issues. But I didn't raise any Homophobes, either.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It also helped that among the people that I had befriended that weekend and was hanging out at the AC with, was an off-duty Cast Member who sometimes bartended at the AC.
Needless to say, the Club Members picked on our table a lot. ;)

It was also great to see Pamelia having some minor wig issues, and finally just saying "screw this" and take the wig off for the rest of the evening, "coming out" to show her true self, and show her real hair pulled back into a little "nubbin" ;)

As an AC fan who knew the "script" of the evening pretty well, it made it even more fun knowing where the Cast went *waaaay* off-script. There are only a few times in my life where I have laughed so hard.

-Rob
I remember a night much like that. Chances are we were there the same night. My favorite Gay days at the AC moment was a line delivered by the Colonel. "I see a lot of guys in sleeveless shirts that don't have the guns to pull it off."

Upvote 0

Scuttle

Original Poster
I saw Drag Queens, Angels (with fully extended wings), plenty of spandex on people who shouldnt have been wearing it, and just random decorations like they just came from some kind of parade.

See this is what I meant when I said "over the top". I don't understand why people have to take it to that extreme.

Upvote 0

ShadyLady

We went last year on MK day without knowing it. Didnt notice anything. My 8 year old son didnt notice anything. The only uncomfortable moment was when some teenage boys made a big scene about it, making fun ofpeople.

Were headed back in 30 days!

Upvote 0

Purpilia25

See this is what I meant when I said "over the top". I don't understand why people have to take it to that extreme.

Yeah, some people really get into it. But how many twelve year old girls have you seen wearing very skimpy outfits, or women hardly dressed at all. You wanna see freak show? Go to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. I'm telling you, some people should just wear a t-shirt instead of a bikini!

Hate to break it to people, but gays aren't the only ones who sometimes wear weird things. Yeah a tight minority of us get real campy with it, but its all in good fun!

Upvote 0

ShadyLady

If I worked for Disney and saw that, I'd have kicked their punk a**es right out of the park.

What the hell is wrong with teenagers?:mad:

It was right as we got off the monorail to head into the park. My husband and I both gave them some major looks, and I think that probably stopped them - for the moment.

Honestly, we were a little worried that being at the MK on the designated Gay Day @ MK would be distracting. We met the nicest couple of guys who stood with us in the BBB and watched our 4 year old daughter's makeover. Other than the large # of red shirts, not a single thing caught our attention. Its Disney World - people are going to enjoy Disney World, nothing else.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Gay people are able to be in WDW and act like moral, mature adults, just like everyone else in WDW. If you are worried about that, then I wouldn't have your kids watch any of the shows/parades or characters, b/c I am sure there are at least a few gay people working at WDW! :p

I am going to search for a thread of a gay person asking if anyone knows how straight people act at WDW! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom