Gay at Disneyworld

disney4life2008

Question... how are 2 males in a relationship treated at disneyworld? For example, holding hands, kissing by the castle, etc. I know it is someone accepted but I do not want people starring us down when we go there. Any gay couples with advice or stories (good and bad).

wchoodjr190

Ohhh it my turn

PDA is just funny to me. When you think about it most of the people who are at Disney World come from out of town, which means they have a hotel, resort room of some sort.
Was the exploding gun powder so sensual that you had to do that now. Hold in those feelings get on the bus or in your car. Get back to the resort of you chose and have at it like discovery channel on sunday afternoon. ;) I'm just saying I dont want my kids seeing anybody that wasn't born that way locked at the mouth that long without some sort of doctors note. Hand holding and the quick peck is fine and fun. Maybe a sneaky grope very sneaky. :drevil: and thats for everyone including you
you little put um there

Upvote 0

jeffk410

as stated

i agree that you should not go to far. I am straight , but honestly i dont care the slightest bit. I actually would take offense if i saw someone yelling at a same ______ couple. We live in the 21st century and it should be accepted. I will warn you that their are alot of jerks out there ,but just ignore them and don't worry just have a great time! Heck i only have happy thoughts when im in disney =D its like being a little kid all over again. arg still two more months =[

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there, I think the PG rule is a darn good one in this case. I feel the same way most posters on this thread do, over the top PDA isnt cool in public regardless of who is involved. Thanks to everyone who shared their stories, I loved them and several made me laugh out loud. Belle

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

This is not something that bothers me in the slightest. I think I would have rather of had my daughter see a same _____ couple holding hands during Spectromagic than watch me rescue her Mickey balloon from a foul mouthed Granny who was trying to pop it...:eek:

Upvote 0

VT GAL

First off, I would like to say thank you to everyone who did and did not respond to this thread!!! For those who did, thank you for being so open minded. For those who didn't, thank you for being respectful of others.

I think the PG rule is great for everyone! But I definitely think you should sit close during wishes, because there are some parts of that show that make you want to snuggle up to the one you love!!!!

I hope you have a great trip!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

kstella

gay couple from nyc here, together for 12 years with over 30 wdw trips and counting

funniest gay moment? our last trip this past sept
we were in epcot and were in line to meet snow white and dopey
when we got up to meet them, snow said what a couple of handsome princes, and where are your princesses at?
the photo pass guy (gay) almost ______'d his pants laughing
dopey made a fist and knocked on snow white's head to say it was made of wood
snow white had no idea what was going on, i explained to her, why do you need princesses when you have an evil queen to live with and pointed to my boyfriend

the next morning we had lunch at cinderella's castle in the magic kingdom and the same snow white was there, she immediatly recognized us
she came over and spent some extra time with us, talking and laughing, everyone was staring and were trying to figure out what was going on

dopey apparently explained things to her afterwards and she was rather embarassed about the whole thing

priceless

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

It's pretty bad when DOPEY has to explain things!!!

Upvote 0
Last March I just took my partner (9 months together then) for her 1st WDW trip.
I remember sneaking a few kisses and dark rides which was cute. We only held hands at night walking out of the park...actually locked arms most the time.

I think PDA of holding hands is prefectly fine or cuddling during the fireworks or on a ride. Kissing is a little questionable straight/gay. I personally feel that 2 young females comapred to 2 young males could get harrassment over it.

Its the whole being a girl thing. I remember when I was like 18 and my girl cousin was 10 she wasn't allowed to go off alone with me at the mall. But my brother (RIP) and guy cousin were 16 were allowed to go off alone.

Upvote 0

mommytosweetpea

I am LMAO @ Dopey giving Snow White the 411.

ITA w/ the other posters, as long as you keep it PG, or G rated since this is Disney ;), I see no problem with hand holding, the occassional peck or what have you. Like the others have said, I don't want to see anyone making out at Disney, no matter your preference. What I would like to see are more women wearing bras, my 15 y/o got quite the eyefull while we were there, but I digress. We saw several same ______ couples while we were there and they kept it clean, respectful and fun. Heck, most of them were doing what we were doing, staring at the stinkin' maps, trying to figure out which way to go!

Keep it clean and have a blast!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Mind you I did have a couple of comments made when we queued for the princesses in the tent behind mickey and minnies house in toon town. More than one person said "you do know this is for the princess meet and greet" I responded "yes I know" and the lady made a comment to her husband that it was not right for two men to be seeing belle etc. Got to say I turned on her and told her in a very loud voice that she had one bad attitude and that going through life as bitter and sad as she was would result in her kids growing up the same. She promptly left the queue. Would love to say it did not bother me but it did.

Thanks for that comment. My boyfriend wants us to take photos with the Princesses (Belle & Ariel-if she is out) as well but I was not sure how well that was going to transpire. I know people will stare and make comments (that is expected).

Upvote 0

TrojanUSC

As there is a SIZEABLE percentage (15-20%?) of Disney Cast Members at the parks who are gay, I would not think you should have any problems from anybody working at the Resorts or theme parks. I would suggest some caution in regards to anything overly graphic in the parks, but pictures with characters, princesses, etc. are all just fine. You have to remember, these people are all used to working on Gay Days when just about anything can happen.

Anyways, if only Mannequins (or Mannequeens, as they used to call it) were still open and you'd have a place to go to be a little more "open" about it.

Upvote 0

DisneyWales

I love it, its so nice to see that finally we are getting to a point where people are no longer bothered about gay couples.

I have seen a great number of Gay couples around Disney, and i always stare myself, and I'm gay.

I guess deep down its a little bit of pride that the world is moving on.

Most gay people would never want to offend anyone, and most gay people would not go out of their way to upset or offend general public.

We did see a couple engaged in some very questionable activity at the parking lot outside Hollywood Studios this last trip, I'm talking full hydraulics and stuff. I was offended and did kinda shout something, but the car kept a rocking. We told a parking cast member who well thought we were joking.

Anyway I'm sure you wanted to know that, but sadly some people (and these were straight) just don't care, they don't care who they offend with their actions, or their comments.

But you just have to roll with them.... Be offended, hurt or upset, and move on, After all "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow".......

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

Thanks for that comment. My boyfriend wants us to take photos with the Princesses (Belle & Ariel-if she is out) as well but I was not sure how well that was going to transpire. I know people will stare and make comments (that is expected).

Let them stare. Why should you compromise your fun? When you're back at home & looking at all your photos from your trip you'll be glad you had your photo taken with Belle and/or Ariel or any of the Disney characters you choose.
As far as public displays of affection I'm with the majority of posters. Keep it PG. . You can get hot & heavy back at your hotel room. There's nothing wrong with a little smooch with the person you love when you're in public. A word...a smile...a touch! Sometimes that's all I need to do to let my partner know that I love him.Disney is an incredibly romantic place what with all that magic happening.

Upvote 0

Gig 'Em Mickey

Gay or not, how's about everybody keep your slobber swappin to yourselves. Nobody else wants to see that. Hold hands, OK. I short kiss, OK. Beyond that, get a room.

SIncerely,

Old Codger

Upvote 0

Shimmer73083

Ok, I saw this thread the other day and was really happy! I'm at work but I'm going to take a chance to respond:

My girlfriend and I love going to Disney. Not only do we get to be big kids but we don't feel we are being treated unfairly by cast members at all. In fact, sometimes quite the opposite. We don't go overboard with PDA but we have to take pictures in front of the icons and we usually have a tight hug. We always hold hands and steal a few quick kisses occasionally.

Our funniest "gay" moment - in May we went to the Princess room and met Princess Aurora. It was late and she asked if we were sisters (we get that a lot because we often dress similarly in Disney, too!) and we said no. Then she said, "oh! then you are special Princess friends."

Lol, just wanted to share. It was quite funny. Thanks for the thread!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom