Gay at Disneyworld

disney4life2008

Question... how are 2 males in a relationship treated at disneyworld? For example, holding hands, kissing by the castle, etc. I know it is someone accepted but I do not want people starring us down when we go there. Any gay couples with advice or stories (good and bad).

cushion

me and my boyfriend...or should i say husband as we are married, have our pictures taken with everyone and have never had any problems...after all why would we....disney is the gayest palce in the world, full of fairies, princess's and queen's... and it always makes us laugh when people ask us if we are brothers...
we will be there in 6 weeks time so watch out minnie, im coming to get another cuddle...
2590544491_9c186fef09.jpg

Upvote 0

Kwalidy

I have been going to WDW with my partner every year for 12 years and have found that for the most part people are more interested in getting the fast pass for the next ride more than whether I and my partners are holding hands or sneaking a kiss here and there. Go and have fun and be yourself.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

I have been going to WDW with my partner every year for 12 years and have found that for the most part people are more interested in getting the fast pass for the next ride more than whether I and my partners are holding hands or sneaking a kiss here and there. Go and have fun and be yourself.:sohappy:
Agreed. TBH, in todays more enlightened times (we hope!!!) I don't see that you need to worry.

Of course there will be some that do not have the emotional depth to handle your situation, but that is their problem, not yours.

In the most part I don't think people are too upset or (inapproriately) interested in gay couples, be they male or female. Well, except hormonally charged young men if the couple are female and lipstick, if you get my meaning...:goodnevil

Any couple should keep their behavior appropriate, in terms of public displays of affection, it's in the park rules in any case. But moderate kissing, suck as a cheek peck, or hand holding isn't going to upset or offend the vast majority and certainly won't get you ejected from the park.

Also, as long as they read your couple status correctly, I would have thought that Disney Photographers will take some nice 'couple' shots (quote to descibe type of shot, not your preferences) just as they would for hetro couples. I may be wrong and happy to be corrected on that point.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

And keep in mind that there are just as many gay employees at WDW (if not more) as at other entertainment-based locations. Your in good company. I have never, in my many many years of going to WDW, experienced any homophobic reactions from anyone, be it other visitors, the hotel staff, or employees. In fact, one time I was there, the Cast member who checked us in at the resort became a friend and showed us around the clubs at DTD that were especially gay friendly from night to night. Go, have fun, and use good judgement.

Upvote 0

ejeremy98

this comes down to a question of taste. Whether you are gay or straight, Excessive PDA is in poor taste, particularly in a place so focused on kids. Use your judgement and have a little class.

Upvote 0

donaldfan

My partner and I (of ten years) met working at Disney. Now we vacation frequently there and on DCL. Either place have we've been treated with nothing but respect by the cast. In fact, we got a special ten year anniversary card and balloon from Chip and Dale in our room at the Poly this past June. When we told the hostess/servers that we were celebrating our anniversary at restaraunts, we were always given primo tables and special confetti/deserts. :king:

We will hold hands during Fireworks, evening parades, get pics together with characters and no one seems to even notice -- or care.

Have fun and keep it G-rated!

And wow -- sooo great to see that this thread has been kept civil and respectful!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom