Gay at Disneyworld

disney4life2008

Question... how are 2 males in a relationship treated at disneyworld? For example, holding hands, kissing by the castle, etc. I know it is someone accepted but I do not want people starring us down when we go there. Any gay couples with advice or stories (good and bad).

slappy magoo

Full on groping and tongue just ain't pretty no matter who is doing it.

You & I SO don't go to the same parties ;)

I just want to say, I'm so impressed this thread is still open, unlike so many similar threads, and that's of course due to everyone being respectful and mature about the subject matter. Hope I didn't jinx it.

I'm a "breeder" though a fairly liberal one - a Friend of "Friends of Dorothy" if you prefer. :) And it's not uncommon to see same-gender hand-holding or small, tender PDA be it at home (Jersey shore) or at work (NYC). And like most folk here, as long as it's not over-the-top groping - if it's a level of affection I could expect to see in a PG-rated movie, I couldn't care less. That may be a good rule of thumb, the PG rule of thumb. If you are a parent, or can imagine being a parent of a small impresionable child, how much physical displays of attention/loving/liking between ANY two consenting adults (or more :lookaroun ) would you feel comfortable letting that wee one see? And then, to quote the wise sage, always let your conscience be your guide.

I'd like to tell you to not worry about anything, but I'm not completely naive. You never know who's going to be around, and what kind of sticks they have up their butts. Some folks just don't have the "live and let live" chromosome in their DNA, and may have no compunction against approaching two men even doing something as benign as holding hands or leaning a head on a shoulder.

If I may offer a bit of advice. If someone thought it was within their rights to get up in your face for innocent PDAs, I'm sure they're hoping for a big old altercation, a shouting match. Go the opposite way. Act as if you're having the friendliest conversation ever. In fact, be so cordial that they don't even know how to keep yelling at you. Not only will it take the wind out of their sails, but if there's anyone else around who's a little too shy to "be themselves," you just may provide the impetus.

Oh, and have fun.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hope the present Mrs Sak doesnt read this and start getting ideas. Holding hands and the like, that will lead to her expecting peck and other such signs.

Camon now you should be aware the terrible impact of such things can have on people like myself :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Raven66

My DD is 11. We have taught her tolerance and to show respect and love for all. If someone came up to her and asked if she saw those 2 men/women kissing and wasn't it gross? My DD would look right at them and tell them "So what?" I'm proud of her sensitivity. She comes home from school crying some days because the town we live in is very racist. We, of course didn't know that when we moved here. There is only about 3 african american kids in her class and the other kids ignore them or say nasty things. When they ask my DD why she would play with them she just says why not? So they call her names too.

I know I got off topic, but what we need is to teach the next generation tolerance. That being said, I don't want to see anyone in a make out session no matter who they are kissing. We don't do it front of her so I don't want anyone else doing it either.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Isn't it kind of an encouraging sign of enlightenment that this thread turned sour on a political statement, instead of what could have happened? :)

Upvote 0

Damian31

We came back from the world about a week ago. My BF and I are not majorly physical with each other in public but I think our whole body language informs people we are a couple. We held hands in parts of wishes and and put are arms round each when cast members took photos of us.

People do stare sometimes (mainly straight men) but I think it is out of curiosity than malice. They probably do not come across that many gay men (that they know of anyway!!) and just stare without meaning to.

Mind you I did have a couple of comments made when we queued for the princesses in the tent behind mickey and minnies house in toon town. More than one person said "you do know this is for the princess meet and greet" I responded "yes I know" and the lady made a comment to her husband that it was not right for two men to be seeing belle etc. Got to say I turned on her and told her in a very loud voice that she had one bad attitude and that going through life as bitter and sad as she was would result in her kids growing up the same. She promptly left the queue. Would love to say it did not bother me but it did.

Saying that the princesses where great with us, the cast members funny and attentive and they made us feel welcome in the meet and greet. All in all I say go and have fun, be yourself with your partner. Never be ashamed of what you are. Just dont deliberatley attract attention to yourself by being outrageous or kissing like teenagers. We had the best vacation we have had in 12 years this year!!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

People do stare sometimes (mainly straight men) but I think it is out of curiosity than malice. They probably do not come across that many gay men (that they know of anyway!!) and just stare without meaning to.

I'm gonna guess a lot of them are playing "are they or aren't they" in their heads. Because let's face it, unless you're wearing a feather boa and wearing a leather jock strap singing Striesand, most of us straight white guys are just not going to be able to put two and two together. And if you're wearing the leather jock strap and the feather boa but not singing Streisand, we'll probably just asume you're a professional wrestler. :wave:

Seriously, what runs through our head is:

"Are they? Maybe they're just buddies. Maybe they're brothers. Wait, they're standing awfully close. Maybe they're close brothers. Maybe they're foreigners, yeah, after all, a lot of cultures don't have the space issues we have...no...no wait, I think they were holding hands...oh, wait, maybe it was an accident, they just brushed hands, but, if they weren't standing so close together that wouldn't happen...unless THEY WANT IT to happen...jeebus, what's their deal? Are they or aren't they?
Wait...why do I care?"

And then we go back to checking out chicks.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
OK guys, let's stop the bickering.

Political quips/discussions/avatars/sigs etc are not allowed. But even if someone says something you disagree wiith, you should still respond civally.

Thank you, and let's try to discuss this without breaking any rules against politica/religious arguments.

Upvote 0

Senderella

gay couple from nyc here, together for 12 years with over 30 wdw trips and counting

funniest gay moment? our last trip this past sept
we were in epcot and were in line to meet snow white and dopey
when we got up to meet them, snow said what a couple of handsome princes, and where are your princesses at?
the photo pass guy (gay) almost ______'d his pants laughing
dopey made a fist and knocked on snow white's head to say it was made of wood
snow white had no idea what was going on, i explained to her, why do you need princesses when you have an evil queen to live with and pointed to my boyfriend

the next morning we had lunch at cinderella's castle in the magic kingdom and the same snow white was there, she immediatly recognized us
she came over and spent some extra time with us, talking and laughing, everyone was staring and were trying to figure out what was going on

dopey apparently explained things to her afterwards and she was rather embarassed about the whole thing

priceless

LMAO! Best.story.ever! :sohappy:

To the OP: I agree with what everyone else says. Don't be super outward about things and I doubt anyone would even notice. People at WDW are so wrapped up in their own experiences that most don't notice the people around them unless they're sitting and "people watching" or carrying on a conversation with the family next to them. I wouldn't worry about it really. Just go and have fun! As long as yall are having fun, that's all that matters.

Upvote 0

Philo

im gonna stand watching wishes next time holding hands with my partner.
thank you all. im even more excited than i was, see you in may 2009

Go for it. It's such a romantic show I would find it hard to resist.

Perhaps she should be more worried about her husband seeing Aerial, or is that just me. :lookaroun

Nope, not just you. :lookaroun

To the original comment, some people associate wierd things in their mind. Quite why two men meeting Belle is worse than a man and or woman meeting Belle is beyond me.....

Seriously, what runs through our head is:

"Are they? Maybe they're just buddies. Maybe they're brothers. Wait, they're standing awfully close. Maybe they're close brothers. Maybe they're foreigners, yeah, after all, a lot of cultures don't have the space issues we have...no...no wait, I think they were holding hands...oh, wait, maybe it was an accident, they just brushed hands, but, if they weren't standing so close together that wouldn't happen...unless THEY WANT IT to happen...jeebus, what's their deal? Are they or aren't they?
Wait...why do I care?"

And then we go back to checking out chicks.

That about sums it up! I normally have a "good for them" moment too though.

Upvote 0

krueg66

I meant nothing by my post other than a joke...i have never said anything inflammatory on this site, ever. I guess erasing it all from the record is the best way to handle it.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Cant help but state the obvious that its a wonderful time we live in when people feel comfortable enough to annouce to the world that They are Gay an0d live in peace.

There is no shortage of dumb people in the world. Lucky there is no shortage of good natured people too.

Why anyone cares what goes on behind closed doors is beyond me.

Two adults in The United states of america should feel free to do what makes them happy.

I am a hetero male married to a pretty Girl and whos head is turned by pretty girls everyday. My poor wife

You are what you are in this world.

Live and let live.

I pose another question why do you think most straight men enjoy a 2 girl movie? Is it because it safley allows them to explore homosexuality? I dont know you tell me.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I meant nothing by my post other than a joke...i have never said anything inflammatory on this site, ever. I guess erasing it all from the record is the best way to handle it.

Around these parts, adding a political jab to an already-sensitive topic is like handling nuclear waste and then deciding it's time to pop-and-lock.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom